Script Release for Super Robot Wars Z2

poobunsdudley0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This comes with a pretty large translator's note that I feel I have to post at the beginning, to provide some context into what went into this translation. This translation took me roughly a year and a half, and it's almost the entirety of one path through Super Robot Wars Z2. I got stuck right at the end of the game so it's complete up until midway through Scenario 46. I did this translation without any real prior knowledge of Japanese using a combination of drawing the Japanese alphabet into Google Translate and taking the result and putting it into the far superior machine translator, DeepL. So yes, it was a grueling task, but here it is. I'll be uploading it initially via my Google Doc pages.

For the spelling of the English names, I used the master list of characters and their spelling on Akurasu.net. I did everything I could to get all the interactions during scenarios, but it's difficult with so many available units, especially later on. The path I chose through the game mainly follows Celestial Being of Gundam 00. If people are interested at all in me doing the other paths, let me know, and if I get at least a few interested, I'll start working on the other paths. I'm also going to start work on Z2.2, but if enough people want a different game done, I'll work on that instead.

The quality of the translation starts pretty roughly until I became used to rewriting some of the bad machine translation that came up. If anyone is interested in doing a rewrite, send me an email, and I'll share access to the Google Docs with you.

That's all I really have to say, so hopefully this will allow people to play through this game and know what's going on.

https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/Z2/Story_Translation_mk2

I'm also working on Super Robot Wars R for the Gameboy Advance, if anyone wants live updates, I'll share my google doc for it here, but forewarning: I do work on it everyday, but it's a time consuming process. If I see people on the doc, I'll try to do more at a time, but it can take me a year to complete a game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11bJ11yT9mSvPWbpo5p37NRESkSlkoZPW_avoDyrD36w/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by poobunsdudley0,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since no one has responded, I will say a few words. First, thank you for your translation work: as a fan of the srw series, I can only be grateful for your efforts. Too bad there is no hacker available to reinsert the English text into the game in question.
Even more commendable is your work on the GBA title: always one of my favorites. With any luck, some hacker willing to collaborate on a real localization project is more likely to come forward in this case. Good luck.

poobunsdudley0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to thank you for your kind words! I'm glad that you're finding it of use. I agree, I hope someone skilled can help me input this translation into a ROM, I'd absolutely love for it to be a playable translation.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto