need this to finish ...

ShinRyouma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Renshi Kanoshi said:
Shin said that he is unable to do SRWL. He said he hopes for another user to do this.
QUOTE(ShinRyouma @ Dec 21 2010, 08:48 AM) Actually, I've worked on L a little, but the problem is my translation cause freeze on EDGE (I can't load a save game, but I can continue a stage, but the battle animation must be turn off, otherwise it freezes). Currently I'm waiting for my SCDS2, I hope my translation work with it and I can continue working on L.
I can and I've worked on L a little, the problem is my EDGE can't. My SCDS2 still hasn't arrived (it's been 3 weeks from my order date), my R4 is broken, and my sister's acekard is missing, so I can't continue working.
But if someone want to make a translation, please continue, I'm happy to hear that
smile.gif

Reactions: Mateus Quinto Alves

Ganduro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiC said:
All the text can of course be extracted from the game, the difficulty just varies a bit. These handheld SRW games have a quite eifficient text compression, which is probably why so few people did it.
If you want to give it a try, then you really absolutely have to know what you are getting into. These games are huge, they take long, and when you translate them, you shouldn't try to rush a schedule. Make sure everything is correct, that's more important than finishing 3 files per week.
I uploaded the first chapter of W as a sample, if you are interested: http://aerie.wingdreams.net/stuff/0001.sjs
Open it with a japanese text editor like jwpce. I included the names there, too. Let me know what you think.
I took a look at the file, and it seems simple enough. The hardest part would be keeping consistent with fan-accepted romanizations and all that nonsense. If you'd have me, I'd be glad to help out. I understand having more than one translator can cause problems, though.

Renshi Kanoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ganduro said:
KiC said:
All the text can of course be extracted from the game, the difficulty just varies a bit. These handheld SRW games have a quite eifficient text compression, which is probably why so few people did it.
If you want to give it a try, then you really absolutely have to know what you are getting into. These games are huge, they take long, and when you translate them, you shouldn't try to rush a schedule. Make sure everything is correct, that's more important than finishing 3 files per week.
I uploaded the first chapter of W as a sample, if you are interested: http://aerie.wingdreams.net/stuff/0001.sjs
Open it with a japanese text editor like jwpce. I included the names there, too. Let me know what you think.
I took a look at the file, and it seems simple enough. The hardest part would be keeping consistent with fan-accepted romanizations and all that nonsense. If you'd have me, I'd be glad to help out. I understand having more than one translator can cause problems, though.

By fan-accepted, Do you mean it would be hard to keep time up or else the fans would go pissy pissy?

SonRyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shrurikan said:
If you would like, i can test the patched rom out for any grammar errors or any glitches in the game
I can do this too, if you check the SRW J blog I've been posting there as Ryo about bugs and typos, and I also did some QC work for the G Senjou no Maou translation although I'm not credited on their web page.

Shrurikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SonRyo said:
I can do this too, if you check the SRW J blog I've been posting there as Ryo about bugs and typos, and I also did some QC work for the G Senjou no Maou translation although I'm not credited on their web page.
ahh i see
well i'll jus do that then ^w^

Seek01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renshi Kanoshi said:
Ganduro said:
KiC said:

By fan-accepted, Do you mean it would be hard to keep time up or else the fans would go pissy pissy?

No, he means that some proper nouns (like names) would ideally be translated one way. Like Athrun from Gundam Seed/Destiny would be literally translated from ???? to Aslan or Asuran, where its clear to anyone who watched the show knows that the name is actually Athrun. This happens A LOT in anime (especially mecha that appears in SRW) which makes it an extra effort on the translator to fix these romanizations.

If you check Mark Neidengard's various plot translations for the games, you will notice this happens a lot as he hasn't watched many of the shows, and thus doesn't know the fan accepted (for un licensed shows) or official english spelling of the characters. Thus he translates it directly as it sounds

Renshi Kanoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright then...
So.....Will it be a go? I mean were not getting any responses here...hehe
happy.gif
But im just curious, few people seem they can either do a script translation or a full game translation for W. So...?

Ganduro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renshi Kanoshi said:
Alright then...
So.....Will it be a go? I mean were not getting any responses here...hehe
happy.gif
But im just curious, few people seem they can either do a script translation or a full game translation for W. So...?
It shouldn't concern you, because "spreading the word" is something you do once a project is almost finished. I know I don't want endless "hey are you done yet" "hey do you have a rough ETA" "THE DEMO SUCKS BALLS, I HATE YOU" emails even at the start of a project, and I think anyone doing a translation project would feel the same way. So just forget a project even exists, why don't you?

PauloVidorZilioS

Trophies
XP
I think he meant the source codes, the hacking blueprint of your project, the .pak files that hold the dialog's and stuff, in order to continue the hacking...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol