OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,
I hope this is the right place to post.

I still have a problem with Mario Galaxy. It freezes. When I started a whole new game, I could play a long time (to the first save screen after the first star).
But nearly after 30min of playing, when I came to the world map, it freezes on the first real planet. But at irregular places/ in irregular situations in the middle of the level.
I tested it with Waninkokos USBLoader 1.5 and GUI-FX_1.0-RC2. Both loaders freeze and I get an ugly noise and have to hard reset!
I hope I could help you solving this problem

general informations:
- first generation wii (pal) with fw 3.2e
- wiikey (with wiikey 1.9s)
- first i installed cIOS rev9 and after that I installed cIOS rev10 without deleting rev9 (hope this was right)
- my hdd: Trekstor 500GB (Vendor ID 04B4, Product ID 6830). Other games work fine!

Another question:
At "Wii USB Devices Compatibility List" my vendor/product id belongs to another hard drive: "LC POWER EH-25BR 2.5" HDD Enclosure IDE 04b4 6830 Not Tested Not Tested Works Tested with Hitachi Travelstar 40gb ide disk 1 "
How can this be?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also had problems with random crashes, try setting the jumper on your hd to cable select..
Worked for me
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
also someone suggested that PAL mario crashes, and NTSC mario doesn't.. I dunno
smile.gif

make sure you have no other usb stuff plugged in and no usb network settings in your wii system menu. (and no sleep mode on for your usb hd)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have heard that using cIOS_r10 can cause some issues and stuff, that could be your problem.

as for installing it over cIOS_r9 thats fine, thats how you're supposed to do it
smile.gif

if oter game work on your HDD i doubt that that is your problem, however HDD's over 500GB are said to have issues unless partitioned a little bit less than that

hope that helps
smile.gif

elgordito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had kind of the same problem, but I ripped my original copy of galaxy to the HDD and when I run it it will only start to load then the screen will just be compoletley black/dark blue and the system will freeze having to actually disconect the power to reset it.

I have 3.3U running Homebrew with USB loader 1.5

All other games have run fine.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
elgordito said:
I actually had kind of the same problem, but I ripped my original copy of galaxy to the HDD and when I run it it will only start to load then the screen will just be compoletley black/dark blue and the system will freeze having to actually disconect the power to reset it.

that is most likely the delete bug, or a bad install. original disc installs suck (compared to iso installs @ pc)

elgordito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
elgordito said:

that is most likely the delete bug, or a bad install. original disc installs suck (compared to iso installs @ pc)

Could I get more info on this????

acecube

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chaseincats said:
what is gui fx?

gui is an akronym for graphical user interface and fx i think is an acronym, too. i think it stands for effects. the gui fx is an alternate usb loader.
here is the page of the loader. there are also some videos which show the loader in action.
it's a very nice loader i think, but look yourself!

zynexiatech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am actually having the same problem using a downloaded PAL iso not one that I ripped using USB Loader V1.5? if anyone knows a solution to this it would be great,

basically when I was playing the game it just froze on screen with a horrible noise. I have a softmodded 4.0E and I have installed a few cIOS's using HBC 1.0.2

Not experienced this with any other games.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
PAL Mario Galaxy doesn't work right with the USB Loaders and crashes a ton
the NTSC-U one works perfectly.

that's all there is to it, so get the US version and everything will work

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

i have played many iso's from usb like Mario Kart, Zelda, Trauma center and Mario Galaxy for over 1hour with no problems at all.
Got a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320 with spindown/power settings set to "never" with the included Seagate software.

This morning i played Rune Factory for about 30min and after that i started the PAL Super Mario Galaxy form the usb hd.
I was playing the level with the pinguins underwater, searching for the broken star pieces, when suddenlty the game music hang and the only thing i could do was turn off
my Wii :-(
i use cfg v29c with ciosrev9 installed and never had this problem before...
can someone help me please?
thanx!

maddoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem with GUI-FX and Mario Galaxy, neigher PAL nor NTSC.

You must have a damaged game image, either by download or by deleting games from WBFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy