Gaming Super Mario Galaxy 2: Ice Mario hacking questions

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I found out you need to import some files from SMG1 to SMG2 in order to be able to play as Ice Mario, as evidenced by that youtube video.

Thing is, I don't really know which files we need.
Which is a shame, since I wanted to play as it and possibly incorporate the Ice Flower in some levels using Whitehole (it crashes the game when gotten, although the flying mario star does the same thing for some reason...)

Anybody knows which files are needed?

On a slightly related question, does anyone have CTools offline files handy? The web installer doesn't work for me because the website is down no matter what I do.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
http://chadderz.is-a-geek.com/ctools/setup/ctoolssetup.msi

That is an offline installer. There also seems to be no online installer officially. Did you download a 'downloader' from one of those shitty download sites? Downloaders do nothing but install crap toolbars and mess with your browser's settings behind your back (namely to set some crap page as your homepage).

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for the CTools tip, figured it out a while ago.
Thing is SMG iso is much more messy than the one for SMG2, thus I couldn't really find either text (the one under EU_English is just wiimote strap info text) nor font, let alone the files needed for Ice Mario / Flying Mario.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
You seem to have missed EuEnglish/MessageData/Message.arc then, because it contains a fuckload of strings about everything.

As for the Ice/Flying Mario files, they are likely in ObjectData. That folder is a mess though, I'll grant you that one :P

Reactions: GHANMI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?