DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even more awesome news. It seems Nintendo did indeed redeem themselves this year.
This is new for Nintendo, a direct sequel for a Mario game. Super Mario Galaxy must have been a huge hit.
I dearly hope there will be better co-op this time around since I don't think that my little bro (who will be a teenager when this comes out) will want to be my star bits slave anymore.
tongue.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ViRGE said:
Humm, I'm not sure if this is a good thing. SMG was damn near perfect - it was easily the greatest platformer of all times, and quite likely the swan song for the genre. having exhausted their ideas in the first game, I don't think Nintendo should be making a sequel. There's no way it's ever going to be as good as the first, so it's just going to sully the whole line.

Some things are better left untouched.

same here, i agree 100%, i think nintendo are running out of ideas as they have to reuse the same ideas from the last game, maybe miyamoto is loosing his touch, i was also disappointed because when i heard they were working on a new mario game i thorght it would be something COMPLETLY new not a sequel, i'm also not happy with the new super mario bros Wii either, i want to just play as mario not 4 other people in 1 level, it's like i am playing super smash bros all over again.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jalaneme said:
ViRGE said:
Humm, I'm not sure if this is a good thing. SMG was damn near perfect - it was easily the greatest platformer of all times, and quite likely the swan song for the genre. having exhausted their ideas in the first game, I don't think Nintendo should be making a sequel. There's no way it's ever going to be as good as the first, so it's just going to sully the whole line.

Some things are better left untouched.
same here, i agree 100%, i think nintendo are running out of ideas as they have to reuse the same ideas from the last game, maybe miyamoto is loosing his touch, i was also disappointed because when i heard they were working on a new mario game i thorght it would be something COMPLETLY new not a sequel, i'm also not happy with the new super mario bros Wii either, i want to just play as mario not 4 other people in 1 level, it's like i am playing super smash bros all over again.
I had the exact same feelings and thoughts after seeing the trailer for the first time. But after seeing it again I noticed so many new ideas and differences in some aspects that I changed my mind... Looks really good!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game was originally meant to be a remix, sort of like a special edition (like the Metal Gear games have) so at least they changed their minds and decided to create more levels and implement ideas that they didn't have time to perfect with MG1.

I don't think Miyamoto is involved that much with this game, which is a shame.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Miyamoto went on to say that the developers of Galaxy 2 had so many ideas that about 90% of the levels in the game are original. The other ten percent are levels from the first game, but with new objectives.
Just found this, and I though post it in here. Interesting that 10% are recycled with new objectives. Hopefully they'll be more memorable levels with new enough objectives to keep it in interesting.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a request for Miyamoto.

Keep the storyline short, or nonexistent.

Focus on the blasted levels >:U

We know the Mario schmeal by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1