Country
United States

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Thank you all for your generous answers.
I did enough research to find out that it's possible with enough time & determination to port Liberty City Stories with low textures and low distance. All I have to say is let us all just hope for it :)

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for your generous answers.
I did enough research to find out that it's possible with enough time & determination to port Liberty City Stories with low textures and low distance. All I have to say is let us all just hope for it :)
Why not port it to the 3DS? it still would be difficult but it'd be better than the DSi. Hell, even a Wii or Wii U port would be better if I'm being honest.

Reactions: Ahmeteled

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
I know for a fact a game that's like GTA 3 for the DS. It's "C.O.P: The Recruit".
I wonder if someone would have made rom hacks for it. It's be cool tho ._.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I know there haven't been any real updates to this in over a year, but I finally felt like coming back and working on it some more. I pushed a fix for the screen tearing that was happening when loading textures, and I also implemented fog as close to the N64's as I could. Here are some screenshots:
Screenshot from 2022-05-13 17-02-05.png
Screenshot from 2022-05-13 17-03-00.png
Screenshot from 2022-05-13 17-04-23.png

There's definitely still more I want to work on as well, so hopefully my motivation keeps up. Unrelatedly, I recently streamed myself playing this; if you're interested in nearly 3 hours of gameplay with derpy commentary, you can check that out here.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the optimizations from Kaze's ROM hack able to be ported, once its source releases? I assumed not previously because iirc, it changes things already rewritten in this port but I want to make sure.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Are the optimizations from Kaze's ROM hack able to be ported, once its source releases? I assumed not previously because iirc, it changes things already rewritten in this port but I want to make sure.
I'll have to see the source once it's out. General optimizations should be fine, but anything specific to the N64 might not help much.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I know there haven't been any real updates to this in over a year, but I finally felt like coming back and working on it some more. I pushed a fix for the screen tearing that was happening when loading textures, and I also implemented fog as close to the N64's as I could. Here are some screenshots:
View attachment 309841View attachment 309842View attachment 309843

There's definitely still more I want to work on as well, so hopefully my motivation keeps up. Unrelatedly, I recently streamed myself playing this; if you're interested in nearly 3 hours of gameplay with derpy commentary, you can check that out here.
;-) great work

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.