ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ Translation

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But.. Auryn is correct. The Q1 and Q2 are in the begin of this topic. Part of the Q3 is in the first post.

I read through the 1st and 2nd page and couldn't find said answers, and few people have time to read through all 11 pages. No offense, but the organization is kind of lacking...

More importantly, can this program that can translate text be shared? If there's already a program to do it, then I shouldn't be needed for that, right? And the graphics have already been hacked, according to what I've seen, and from what I've briefed, are relatively easy to hack--no fancy compressions or anything.

As for the new font image/module, where is that? Is it included in the beta patch? Is there some sort of way I can get the resources needed to, um... you know, translate it? XP

FYI, I was the former project manager/localization manager/hacker for the Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ translation project (link) so yes, I do have experience, and I'm not trying to be a pushy jerk. I would just like to see this game get translated and if there's already been a lot of work done, then if we could get some of that stuff passed on, I could start working on actually getting some people to translate it and insert the text and do whatever else is necessary.

From what I see, there isn't really any hacking issues (I haven't seen any specific problems that require ASM or other hacking involved) so I'm not sure what's stopping this from getting done besides some people putting in some good old fashioned hard work :)

Marusero28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I read through the 1st and 2nd page and couldn't find said answers, and few people have time to read through all 11 pages. No offense, but the organization is kind of lacking...

More importantly, can this program that can translate text be shared? If there's already a program to do it, then I shouldn't be needed for that, right? And the graphics have already been hacked, according to what I've seen, and from what I've briefed, are relatively easy to hack--no fancy compressions or anything.

As for the new font image/module, where is that? Is it included in the beta patch? Is there some sort of way I can get the resources needed to, um... you know, translate it? XP

FYI, I was the former project manager/localization manager/hacker for the Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ translation project (link) so yes, I do have experience, and I'm not trying to be a pushy jerk. I would just like to see this game get translated and if there's already been a lot of work done, then if we could get some of that stuff passed on, I could start working on actually getting some people to translate it and insert the text and do whatever else is necessary.

From what I see, there isn't really any hacking issues (I haven't seen any specific problems that require ASM or other hacking involved) so I'm not sure what's stopping this from getting done besides some people putting in some good old fashioned hard work :)
Sorry about the direction about the post so many things happened. ><
Program that translate text?? Where? It is a program to insert and reinsert the text.(First post. Did you really read all?)
Yeah, you are right this game is already hacked. In the begin I had some issues like title screen issue but already fixed that.
I don't remember so much about the state of the font in the first patch. Sorry. Yeah, you can. This is a Open-Translation.
Yeah, you are right. As I said we need translators to speed up. Only need the translation of some texts.
This translation doesn't have the specific summon issue.
Sorry about this long delay.
But now... I can help only in little things.
This time will be more fast the graphics translation with the help of tinke.
As I said this is a Open-translation. If you need some help can count with me.

Blazer I leave the organization of the team to you.
When I fix the pc with the things. I'll send to you. Don't worry about the font now. Use the beta font which is in the patch.
And about the menu box icons. I already thought about an alternative way.
And Scarlet have the most parts of the storyline translations. I focused on graphics, profile, battle texts, items, etc.
See the SS. (first post)
You know CT2 > Search pallete > Organize > IMG16bit > PS > NEW IMG > NEW IMG16bit > CT2 and see if it is okay.
As I said this game is great. I really want to make a translation. ^^
So I count with you.

YonYonYon

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm going to translate Phara's path on google.Docs in my free time. It'll be quite slow translation, but I want to help a little. My Japanese isn't very good(I understand around 70%) and English isn't my native language, so... I'd need editors to check my work

OmegaFM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm not sure what's stopping this from getting done besides some people putting in some good old fashioned hard work :)

Yeah and that's the problem.

As I said this is a Open-translation. If you need some help can count with me.
Blazer I leave the organization of the team to you.

Not sure if Blazer even wants to lead the team, but if he is he'll be needing everything you achieved so far Marusero.
Like programs, fonts, graphics. First post contains the patch only. Is that all you've got?
Please upload everything else you have.

I'm not much of a hacker myself but I can back you up on the translation\organization\texts checking.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@Marusero28: i believe you are talking about this:
chrncgr.png

Well make them bigger is not a big deal even if they are in a NCER that holds a shit load of things.
What is sure it's that you used way too many colors in your writing and that make the text blurred in the game.
How many of those squares will be on screen on a line max??? I never played this game but i am afraid that if you enlarge those squares, you will not fit the english text anyway.
Are all options available from the beginning of the game or will there be some that appear later on the game??
If they are all there from the beginning, it's probable you will not need asm hacking. If not probably need it but it's untested yet.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Program that translate text?? Where? It is a program to insert and reinsert the text.(First post. Did you really read all?)

Sorry, I did in fact mean the program to insert and re-insert text, not translate it.

As for translators, I don't trust machines, but I can look into getting the text translated by someone. No one will want to make any sort of commitment without knowing that there's good progress though.

When I fix the pc with the things. I'll send to you. Don't worry about the font now. Use the beta font which is in the patch.
And about the menu box icons. I already thought about an alternative way.
And Scarlet have the most parts of the storyline translations. I focused on graphics, profile, battle texts, items, etc.
See the SS. (first post)

So if I understand right, the beta patch has a beta font (not the fully functional one) which I can temporarily use to get the font working, no? Will you take care of the font as a whole? As for graphics, how much progress is made/who is doing what, exactly? The translation seems to be sort of all over the thread within various google doc files and the such... is it just people randomly submitting whatever portions to it? I don't particularly mind proof-reading myself, though if most of the story is translated as you said, then it'd be nice to actually get my hands on that translation.

Pretty much, just keep hitting me up with as much as you can give me.

Not sure if Blazer even wants to lead the team, but if he is he'll be needing everything you achieved so far Marusero.
Like programs, fonts, graphics. First post contains the patch only. Is that all you've got?
Please upload everything else you have.

I'm not much of a hacker myself but I can back you up on the translation\organization\texts checking.

I don't necessarily need to "lead" the team, but for things to go smoothly, I just need enough organization that I can know what's happening where and well, get everything translated and functional so the game is playable, you know? The first post contains a beta patch and I can rip some of the files from it, but the screenshots indicate that there's been a lot more translated than just the beta, and I don't want to go back in time. I could also really use the program to insert text so that I can try it out and figure out the technical aspects, then once I do that I can work on actually getting the text translated and inserted.

Hopefully I'm not sounding too pushy or anything, I'm just trying to be helpful here, I intend to come back and do some more testing/research when I have a chance, but there's still a lot I could use from the TC and whoever else is working on it.

@YonYonYon I can proof without much problem, but we need some form of communication if people are going to work on translating it, since just having people randomly do tidbits here and there probably won't work out in the long-run (not to be picky but it just doesn't work well). I'm going to make a dropbox folder and stuff later--for now, if anyone wants to help me get this project seriously rolling, then please either PM me or e-mail me at [email protected], any clarification or help I can get would be much appreciated. ^_^

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blazer, my idol *_*

I'll type in the rest of the stuff I've already translated into google docs and leave the rest to you. I won't be translating anymore at present time due to school and I wish the team best of luck continuing this.

-Day 4 Support is done-

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good to me but I could really use the program and any other leftover stuff... in the mean time I've looked into getting a new translator (no response yet) and also thought a bit about organizing some certain aspects

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... does anyone have the program? Out of all the pieces I'm missing, that's like the biggest one (as in, I don't want to program a new program, so I can't really start without it). I could probably do the graphics and proofreading myself and while my translator bud said he didn't have time to help me, it looks like there's plenty of people translating stuff in general, so between that and me continuing my search I think we should be able to get it translated.

muhendis100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Do you looking Program for graphic CrystalTİle2 was doing and have tutorial if you want i find a site for this.
For Texture have SummonTransX. If you wanna them i can help you.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I found it now. The problem was that the program was called SummonTransX, not SummonNightTransX, and the only mention of it I could find used the latter name. Thanks for giving the name, that in itself helped a lot.

As for graphics, I know how to edit them in general so while I haven't looked at the specifics I shouldn't have much of a problem with that unless the game has its own compression format or something *cough Rhythm Heaven for GBA*.

I'll be back later when I have some progress though spring break is now over so meh... also are you from Turkey? I'm half Turkish... Ama hala Türkçe konuşmayı öğreniyorum.

EDIT: Okay, I think I've got a handle on the situation.

To anyone trying to understand what I'd like to do with the translation to kickstart it and get it going, and more importantly, to people who can help (good translators and proofreaders), PLEASE read this. It's long, but it's important to the success of this.

---------------------------------

Graphics:

What's in the beta patch is there; very little otherwise. One new screenshot indicates that there's been some work done on it, but little news otherwise. Tinke and CrystalTile2 should be able to handle the editing of graphics. Someone to actually make the new graphics is needed: I may be able to do this depending on how complex they are.

Text Translation:

Progress is split-up and done by multiple people. People seem to be working through their own methods instead of using the text format of the game, making things more difficult because it will have to be converted back to the format the game uses.

1) Various Names and Other Translated Material

2) Phara Path Translation (Incomplete)

3) This folder contains a translation of a general text file, the script (only a little translated from what I see), and various "VoicePlay" parts, which I don't understand--there are bits and pieces of them translated but more importantly I don't know exactly what they are.

The program SummonTransX can dump and insert text. Thus what we need is a few translators who can start actually properly translating this using the dumps. It's sort of pointless and extra work if it's being translated using Google Docs or some other program.

---------------------------------

TO ALL POTENTIAL TRANSLATORS:

PLEASE TALK TO ME IF YOU WANT TO HELP TRANSLATE. For this to go smoothly, you should know not only Japanese, but English. If you know each about 70-80%, then we can probably work around the rest by proofreading, but anything less is not worth it.

The plan is to create a shared Dropbox folder for everyone who is working on the translation. We will share the scripts between people, and they will constantly be updated through Dropbox, allowing us to keep everything updated and in one place. Furthermore, it will be constantly backed up as well. Everyone will be assigned certain files so that we don't have multiple people working on the same material. Proof-readers will similarly keep track of which files are being proofread by who so we don't have the same problem, and because scripts are so big, we'll likely only proofread things once, meaning proofreaders have to be at the top of their game.

We also need to discuss common terminology and the such, including names, places, and items: we can't have several different translations for each. Translating also means localizing and consistency, so unless one translator is going to do everything, we will need to consult each other through this thread. That means that people can't go disappearing for weeks or months at a time because it screws everything up. If you're busy for exams for a couple weeks that's one thing but just being unable to do what you signed up for is usually more of a bother than a help.

So potential translators, create a Dropbox account if you don't already have one and give me the e-mail associated with it so I can invite you to it. I can tell you this works from experience: Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem had a TON of text but using a combination of the forum, Dropbox, and hard-working people, we managed to get the translation done in like, a year and a half, which if you look at the start-date of this translation, is very good time. We already have a program and the graphics are (supposedly: I still haven't checked them) easy to crack, and some of the text is even translated already, so we're ahead of the game.

If I don't hear from you, I'm more or less assuming you won't be helping. The files I linked to above are resources I'll do my best to use and convert to normal text, but in the future, people will be editing text through a program like Notepad++, which can view the Japanese characters and be used to seamlessly dump, edit, and import the text, so that using the program, we can insert it and test it literally right after its translated (assuming you don't break the text file).

Also I would appreciate a small background check on potential translators as well but I realize I'm asking for a bit much here.

I'm actually contemplating making a new topic so I can organize it accordingly but for now we'll use this one. If I feel that the topic is holding us back though, I'll definitely look into it reviving this through another topic.

Thanks!

Another Update/Edit: We could also use someone good with Google Docs who can get the already translated material into text files. You pretty much have to copy the relevant google doc files to your own Google Drive, then get the translated column and export it to a text file, figure out which text file it's supposed to be, and then rename it accordingly, making sure to take out any notes or other stuff in the translation. I just did it with the UnisonData.sjs file, and it's more time-consuming than anything, so someone who can't really translate but can do this would be great. =P

Lastly, we need betatesters. Dedicated betatesters. Again, a job anyone with free time and the ability to speak English/run Desmume can do, pretty much.

Reactions: StorMyu

muhendis100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well actually i have many problems in english. Turkish ( Oldukca iyi Konuşuyorsun :) ) Some times making bad grammer.But if some one check my Translation i can help to translate in phara path.Already you're reading my sentences so if im not enough for this i'll be accept.Or if i'am " not bad " i'll do my best for this.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Blazer, for the beta tester, I'm a god when it comes to find bug but I think you should wait till a whole chunk is already translated.
As you wish actually ^^

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what I'd also like from the betatester is someone who can make sure the text in general is inserting okay. I haven't used the text editor very much so I'm not sure how good it is but for instance "\n" in the script equates to a line break in-game, and there's a character limit for how much text can be on one-line, so we need to test to make sure no text ends up going too far or something. The most important part is that you are able to pack up the ROM and test the text to look for general errors. Bugs will probably become more obvious as we work and such, and with no ASM hacking needed at the moment, there shouldn't be any. It is actually a small job but important because we want to check that the work we are doing in the text files actually appears in-game right (since we want to play the game, not just read a script :)).

@Muhendis hmm, I can always proofread but more importantly how well do you know Japanese? Also there are some small things to start with that could be worked on. For instance:

" Some times making bad grammer.But if some one check my Translation i can help to translate in phara path.Already you're reading my sentences so if im not enough for this i'll be accept.Or if i'am " not bad " i'll do my best for this."

could better be written as

"Sometimes I use poor grammar, but if someone checks my translation, I can help to translate the Phara path. You're already reading my sentences so if I'm not good enough for this, I'll accept it. Or if I'm "not bad" I'll do my best for this."

Does that sound like something you could do if you tried your best? If not, then it may be difficult. I notice most of the current translators don't have a very strong background in English, but since the first translation is in English (and it looks like Marusero wanted a Portugese one after), it's important that the 1st translation has people with strong English. I can help by proofreading, but if it's so poor that you are unable to adequately translate in the first place, then I can't really help that. In fact, according to the country label, it looks like I'm one of the few Americans here... :(

So for both you (muhendis100) and kalil, if you could tell me how strong your Japanese background is, and if you would be willing to do a little bit better in English, we can probably do this. If not, then we may need to find someone else. (After all, if we just wanted any translation, I could use google translate on the whole script and make a patch in maybe a week or two, but that would be absolutely terrible quality, even WITH some proofreading.)

By the way, last night I stayed up until like 4-5AM making the small system I plan to use for organizing translating. All the translators have to do is pick a file, make a note that they are editing it, translate it, make any notes on new names or terms they use (e.g. if we translate a name as "Aqulina", we need to note that so that everyone in the group uses the same name), and then make a note when they're done. The proofreaders will similarly note when they proofread a file. This is to make sure people don't do the same file and that the translation is consistent. The entire script for the game is already dumped with progress up to the beta patch, but we still have to insert some of the text from the Google Docs files that haven't been put into a script, which will be a job I will probably need help with as I mentioned before. Once people join the Dropbox folder, it will become much more clear as I explain everything there.

muhendis100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i have a poor grammer, it looks like i made many wrongs and you see :) That is why i need a checkers for my translation.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Translators

PM me with your e-mail if you want to help translate and I will add you to the Dropbox which contains instructions on how the system is working.

RedCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Whoa! Blazer is in the house!
You're a legend behind FE12DS translation & The Last Promise projects :bow:
It's nice to see you participate in this project, I hope with your involvement, this project will go more smoothly!
Best of luck to the project team members! :yay:

Reactions: soren2237

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how these earbuds put on a light show like PAIR ME PAIR ME