Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Graphic Progress!!

6hM7NSE.png

(after 6 hours of modifying the tilemap, ignore the weird dot next to the T^_^)

Last edited by Pablitox,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Pablitox i am very very very very hyped

You guys are just way way way awesome!

Keep at it! And thanks for making this all possible
Thank you! A shame STORY did not fit, could it be possible to add tiles and then modify the tilemap?

Take a look at this:

gCJmx0U.png

once the graphics end there's a small glitchy tile and a while after that starts the tiledata (that says which tiles are loaded) could it be possible to shift that tile a bit right so it makes space for a possible Y? S,T,O and R are already in.

Last edited by Pablitox,

DarkZeroWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been quite some time since i checked in on this after the hope of helping and then my computer fan breaking... which isnt fixed, but oh well. at least i can peek into here. Too much to read to catch up, but i get the feeling alot of progress has been made, but it's not quite done yet. Keep up the good work. :P Still rooting for you!

Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Glad everyone liked it! Might as well keep it that way! :)

What's left on graphics is:

*Main menu options (New game, Load game are ready, we need to replace 2 P with link and translate the last option as extras)
*Glow behind the game's logo (so it matches the translated graphic, it might be a bit hard as it involves both change the graphic and tilemap).
*credits: I have a finished file of the second game, might as well get some names from there and translate the rest.

Insertion is going smoothly so far, when the patch's released i'll include the translated graphics.

Reactions: EarthDarkness

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
This IS really going well.
In that sword craft story part. I suggest if you can make those letters smaller so i could fit. Hahaha just tryin'.

Wow i am amazed to see that everything is very much alive, that well, I can no longer wait more, as always helped them with much moral support
Nice to see you again lizari it's been a long time since I saw you here

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Day 7 script is done!
The next couple days are considerably lighter on story (~2/3 as much text) and shouldn't take as long as this one.

Awesome! recieved this message from earthdarkness a few days ago:

Awesome!

I'm almost done with the alpha release of the day 0.
Now and then I still find some minor issue while importing translated scripts, but nothing major.
I need to check about 4 or 5 scripts to have all the day 0 scripts.
After that I'll go throught the day 0 about 4 times alternating male/female and each summon. (Not going to do the 8 possible combos. That's too much for me).

There are still some ascii combos that need to be inserted like: 'Tc' for "Tch". I added support for the dash after and before all letters in lowercase. But I don't think I'll add it for uppercase letters. I think I'd take too many glyphs. (so text like: "Man-Made" isn't supported, it needs to be like this: "Man-made")

I think I'll also add tags for 2 char wide letters. like <A>, <a>.
I think I'll be a good addition for proof-reading.
ex:
"M-A-S-T-E-R" (which is invalid because there isn't any combo for 'R' + ' ')
becomes:
"<M><A><S><T><E><R>"(this would put in the game the widechars for each letter in sjis)
or we could try something fancy like:
"<glyph MASTER>" (in this one I'd parse the characters after the space after "glyph" and convert the text to sjis, costing twice the space aswell)
What do yout think?

I also made some tools to check line size and to verify is there isn't any non-ascii characters inside the <ascii> blocks.(When I finish the alpha release I'll probably will send them to you.)

by this point I should explain a bit how insertion works. Basically earthdarkness is using ritchburn's idea of overriding kanjis with two letters combinations (for example As- Ar- Br) in such a way than the text can be properly translated. Don't worry about space as it won't be a problem.

The tag that will be added this time will be <glyph text-to-show-as-sjis> (not the tags for 2 char wide letters). Also

We could also change the number text into it aswell seeing that I added support for tags like <0>, <1>, ...
I'll also take a look at the glyph for <three_dots> and try to change it so it's below instead of at the middle of the character.

Last edited by Pablitox,

narzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
great work you've done here,.sorry that i cant help with anything but i really hope you can finish it

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why are you overwritting kanji... and not just writting a proper VWF?
We don't really have much asm knowledge to start building one from scratch ( i remember i asked you for help about that some months ago) also, earthdarkness told me this:

We have a 6x12 font for the ascii text and I see no need to turn that into a variable width font. The width of every single character is 6 end of the story. We could get some more characters reduncing the width of some characters but that wouldn't be reliable. As it's now for dialogue text I can guarantee you 36 characters per line. With vwf we could get 40 maybe 45, but you can't guarantee that.
He indeed needs some translated scripts, but the way we are doing thing the text inside the scripts wouldn't be in ascii or any known text format because ever pair of ascii characters is represented by a kanji with modified graphics to look like that pair.
If I'm not mistaken the game renders each glyph (witch is 12x12) in 2 parts (each 6x12) so the way to display our characters might not be that hard (I hope).

Last edited by Pablitox,

Lizari Drakiby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice to see you again lizari it's been a long time since I saw you here[/QUOTE]
That nice to see that I miss :D Thank You It is just that my free time is very little, and is horrible when you do not have access to the internet, even so, I try not to leave to see what happens here

Last edited by Lizari Drakiby,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Normmatt it seems we will need a vwf after all, i completely forgot the problem with the naming screen, as it only has space for 6 sjis characters.

as it is, this will be the naming screen:

ztjZ6HX.png

which doesn't really allow to all the possible combinations of characters (not to mention there's still the limit of 6 sjis characters). I remember you needed a font, i'll try to rip the one from the second game (swordcraft story 2).

If you could help us make one that'd be awesome ^_^ (once the alpha version is finished i will send you a patch).

Last edited by Pablitox,

Revolsin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been out of this project for a while due to some life issues. Mostly resolved now, so I might finally be able to start working on proofreading again.
Seems like there's been a lot of progress since I left. Good to see. I should be finishing Day 3 within a few days.

Last edited by Revolsin,
Reactions: Pablitox

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I've been out of this project for a while due to some life issues. Mostly resolved now, so I might finally be able to start working on proofreading again.
Seems like there's been a lot of progress since I left. Good to see. I should be finishing Day 3 within a few days.
Thanks revolsin! there has been quite a few changes, mainly the scripts are arranged in folders thanks to salixa (he started from day 7) and some changes on the format made by earthdarkness.

Reactions: Zelly_9191

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive...