ROM Hack Suikoden Tierkreis Undub Infos here

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
well. IMO, the voice of the main char at the beginning pretty bad, so freaking fast. However, later on, he actually speak lower.
and hell, the game have so much cut screen..

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, the opening movie has the same size on both versions and it seems to be the same, while I heard there were vocals on the Japanese version.

Makenboshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sara-chan said:
h0ll0w said:
Guess i'll just wait for the US version. According to the schedule it supposed to released in two days at March 17. Maybe the game will be easier to undub
I doubt it.
The Europe release seems to contain only English voices.
As such, there's no reason those would be different in the American release.

Anyway, the ds_data_hed.sdat file seems to be pointers to the sound files themselves.
That means the ds_data_vow.sdat files are raw sound instead of normal sdat files.
Theoretically, it may be possible to fix by editing the ds_data_hed.sdat file in the rom folder.
The files in the rom folder are the main game dialogue, the ex1 folder contains battle dialogue.
However, I have looked at it myself and was confused when trying to compare the English and Japanese files.
The size of the general structures within the files seem to be exactly the same.
Only the end of the file seems to differ in size, and it does not seem to contain the pointers.
The problem has to be fairly early in the file to cause such a problem, but I don't know where it is. Sigh.
I can't stand the English voice acting, but out-of-sync voice acting is annoying too.

Edit: Actually, ds_data_vow.sdat also seems to begin with a pointer table.
The pointer table at the start of ds_data_vow.sdat is to the actual voices.
Perhaps, then, the ds_data_hed.sdat file simply references which voice to use?
This would still mean the solution lays in ds_data_hed.sdat, though.
yeah, i have the same thought
is there any program to edit/unpack the file(s)?

h0ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any possibility there's some missing event in the european release?
Since the voice over is fine at the beginning and the structure of the sound file is the same

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sara-chan said:
Anyway, the ds_data_hed.sdat file seems to be pointers to the sound files themselves.
That means the ds_data_vow.sdat files are raw sound instead of normal sdat files.
Theoretically, it may be possible to fix by editing the ds_data_hed.sdat file in the rom folder.
The files in the rom folder are the main game dialogue, the ex1 folder contains battle dialogue.
However, I have looked at it myself and was confused when trying to compare the English and Japanese files.
The size of the general structures within the files seem to be exactly the same.
Only the end of the file seems to differ in size, and it does not seem to contain the pointers.
The problem has to be fairly early in the file to cause such a problem, but I don't know where it is. Sigh.
I can't stand the English voice acting, but out-of-sync voice acting is annoying too.

Edit: Actually, ds_data_vow.sdat also seems to begin with a pointer table.
The pointer table at the start of ds_data_vow.sdat is to the actual voices.
Perhaps, then, the ds_data_hed.sdat file simply references which voice to use?
This would still mean the solution lays in ds_data_hed.sdat, though.

It´s wrong that ds_data_hed.sdat holds the pointers for ds_data_vow.sdat.
The pointers for the files in ds_data_vow.sdat are directly at the beginning.
An extractor would be very easy.

Kerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raven Darkheart said:
the town music is missing with this undub method as i already did the undub hours ago
Not for me.

QUOTE(pitman @ Mar 13 2009, 02:34 AM) I didn't copy the ds_data_hed.sdat from the "rom" and "ex1" folders and I got music in towns, menus but the world map is blipping
tested with a save in the second town
again, not for me. world map music sounds fine here.

But, yeah, the voices are out of Sync as soon as you arrive in Janam.

I hope that someone from the modding (read: translation and hacking) community can spare their time and help us out.

Hmm: Hmm I wonder, what would happen if you replace the Japanese with the English script in the J-ROM, and ofc locate and copy the neccesary fonts over from the E-ROM to the J-ROM. But I don't think itl'll work or solve the problem at all.

Sara-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sara.wingdreams.net
XP
Country
United States
nIxx said:
It´s wrong that ds_data_hed.sdat holds the pointers for ds_data_vow.sdat.
The pointers for the files in ds_data_vow.sdat are directly at the beginning.
An extractor would be very easy.

Yes, I noted in my edit that my original statement wasn't correct.
However, if the hed (header, presumably) file is changed, the audio will get messed up.
If I had to guess, it references the sound files in some way that made it more organized for the game designers.

Helishev

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Erm, I carried out the instructions in the first post, and noticed that the characters lacked battle voices. I've played the JP version in the past, and the characters actually yelled when striking the enemies (Hrrah! etc), cried out when hit and said stuff when the battle was won. (Yatta!/We did it! etc)

I swapped various stuff around and tested them, all with the same results before I considered the possibility that the EU version may have lacked the battle voices from the beginning. Tested with a clean EU rom, no modifications; no battle voices either.

So the question is, do I have a bad EU rom on my hands, or that the EU version had no battle voices from the beginning? Pardon me for sounding dumb.

Kerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Helishev said:
Erm, I carried out the instructions in the first post, and noticed that the characters lacked battle voices. I've played the JP version in the past, and the characters actually yelled when striking the enemies (Hrrah! etc), cried out when hit and said stuff when the battle was won. (Yatta!/We did it! etc)

I swapped various stuff around and tested them, all with the same results before I considered the possibility that the EU version may have lacked the battle voices from the beginning. Tested with a clean EU rom, no modifications; no battle voices either.

So the question is, do I have a bad EU rom on my hands, or that the EU version had no battle voices from the beginning? Pardon me for sounding dumb.
Nah they were lacking from the beginning. This is disappointing though.

I think it'd be better to fiddle around with the Japanese ROM to include the English translation instead of fiddling around with the castracted EU and US versions for half-ported voiceovers pointers.

gordunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I hope we can work out an undub soon.....the voice acting is terrible. Half the time it sounds like they're hopped up on speed they talk so fast

Sara-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sara.wingdreams.net
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess, the references to the voices are probably within the event files themselves.
Those same files probably include the event dialogue.
If that's the case, I doubt simply moving the translation to the Japanese release would fix the problem.
Infact, it would probably be a lot more work to make that work properly, if the code is too different.
For a good example, look at Rockman ZX. People tried to 'undub' it by porting the English files.
It simply doesn't work as easily as that.

sinbatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there any way to use the (E) save with the (J) version?

I Tried replacing the files in the font folder, .txrc files in text folder, and areatxt.bin in rom folder of the (J) version with the (E) version, and it's working, battle voices included, but the main menu (title, new game and load game) still in japanase.
I only try using english files, maybe work with the other languanges.
The out of sync problem still not tested yet, since the save files from (E) doesn't work with (J) version.

Sara-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sara.wingdreams.net
XP
Country
United States
I was able to solve the problem with the English version by changing the ds_data_vow.sdat.
I duplicated a pointer 10 times then changed the pointer table size at the start of the file.
The English version has exactly 10 more voice clips than the Japanese one.
The crazy part? It synced back up fairly soon, just before naming the castle.
If we could find just the right part of the file to insert the extra pointers, it would be perfect.
I mean, besides the lack of battle voices, of course.
I haven't looked into that yet.

Also, very interesting that replacing the files like that would work okay with the Japanese version.
It certainly is worth looking into, although I'm absolutely certain the same sync issue exists that way.
If it doesn't, it would mean a different file handles the choice of voice for the game to play.
Doesn't seem likely.

Edit: Looked at the battle voice issue. Seems to be within the arm executable itself.
It is indeed true that replacing the Japanese text files with the English ones will work.
However, to fix the menus is more complicated than that.
The menu graphics are in the ITR (interface) files.
These interface files contain a filesystem with the menu graphics.
Their internal filenames are for the European release.
If the references to these filenames are fixed it will probably work.
However, if they are not, it will probably not even load the main menu.
I'm not sure what other files need to be fixed and/or replaced to completely fix it all.
The best solution may be simply to deal with the lack of battle voices.
That, or find a way to readd them to the European arm executable.

Edit 2: Sigh. It went out of sync again. That doesn't make sense.
They must have added text boxes in some place later and taken them away somewhere else, I guess?
It could be because the extra pointers I added were in the wrong spots, but it doesn't seem to be that.
The voice appears several lines before the matching text, just like it was before adding those pointers.

xiuide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I *MAY* have found a proper unDub, but no promises. I have tested this unDub with an (E) savefile, taking place right after the second castle invasion where you hold the order off on your own, paytime is around 7:30 hours into the game. I have also tested a new game, but not to far into it, was just to test that voices were infact working. this Undub is a compilation of all the posts and ideas so far. this edit should replace all voices (hopefully keeping them in sync) as well as keeping the interface in your language of choice. and also replace all movies. please post your results if you test this method.
-----------------------------------
unpacked J
unpacked E
deleted "fonts" folder from J
deleted "text" foler from J
deleted "areatext.bin" from J
deleted "itr.bin" from J
deleted "itr2.bin" from J
copied remaining files (in data folder) from J unpack over to E unpack replacing existing files.
repack

please keep in mind that this will NOT get you the battle voices from the jap version

Kerian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sara-chan said:
Edit: Looked at the battle voice issue. Seems to be within the arm executable itself.
It is indeed true that replacing the Japanese text files with the English ones will work.
However, to fix the menus is more complicated than that.
The menu graphics are in the ITR (interface) files.
These interface files contain a filesystem with the menu graphics.
Their internal filenames are for the European release.
If the references to these filenames are fixed it will probably work.
However, if they are not, it will probably not even load the main menu.
I'm not sure what other files need to be fixed and/or replaced to completely fix it all.
The best solution may be simply to deal with the lack of battle voices.
That, or find a way to readd them to the European arm executable.
Hmm how about using the Japanese ARM ? Might work.

Since the English scripts seems to be working with the J version, I am wondering if the sync issues still exists and, of course, what happens when you reach a point in the game where the English scripts is missing/added some more text boxes.
sinbatsu , please volunteer and waste your time playing the game for a few hours XD lol

Also, someone with a outofsync save, please test xiuide's attempt on undubing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu