You mean Sound_data.sdat, right?

3. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    that is correct

4. Sp33der

Sp33der GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Are their any weird side effects? I herd their was a annoying bleep in the world map, anyone encountered some?

5. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    there shouldnt be. as the uproar was caused by alot of people who messed up the 1st attempt at undubbing this

6. Goli

Goli RPG

Cote d'Ivoire
    I don't understand why people hate the voices so much, I mean, the MC talks really fast only on the first hour or so, right now I'm at the Magedom and every voice seems to be at normal speed.

7. Ethanfel

Ethanfel Member
    Newcomer

France
    After the battle of the castle, when you talk with the king, voice and Charac doesn't fit anymor.

crap.

8. xbandaidx

xbandaidx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anyone get this running under AKAIO 1.3/1.4 on Acekard 2? After selecting language, the game just goes black screen. Changing settings dont seem to help either.

9. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

I think the voices are excellent.

What's jarring is the editing. The MC sound clips cut RIGHT IN immediately after the other characters dialogue. There are times in the game where the editing is less brutal, and there's adequate pause left before and after a response.

The other characters are great too.

10. qwsed

qwsed GBAtemp Regular

Nope, tried different packer/unpacker. Doesnt work with Acekard 2. Needs patching [​IMG] But i will get an M3 next week hopefully:D Does it work there?

11. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

So anyone know how to fix the sync after Magedom part? Annoying as hell to not have the right person talk to the right text. =(

12. HaniKazmi

HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

just in case anyone else tries this, this is wrong and also replaces voices.

13. HavQ

HavQ Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    Hmm, just got to the Magedom myself.
    Damn, and here I thought I could enjoy smooth dialogue, but nooooo.

14. miruki

miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    This is a theory of mine and I could be completely wrong with it since I don't have the proper knowledge to check it myself, but my guess is, that the EUR version has more voice files inside those .sdat files... let's say they are named voice0001.file, voice0002.file, voice00003.file etc, then the EUR version would have more of them than the JPN version, since they added more dialogue boxes in the EUR release, as the text was too long to fit into one. Let's say this is the case, I guess the only way to get the game in sync again would be either splitting some of the JPN voice files so the number matches or adding fake voice files without any sound in it just to make the voice files stay in order after that particular part.

I think.

If I remember correctly it felt to me like there were less dialogue boxes than spoken text when I the out-of-sync stuff happened, I still have the save right before entering El-Qa... I forgot what it's name was... XD I'll check later to see the excact point it goes out of sync, my son is occupying the DS right now. XD

15. Makenboshi

Makenboshi Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    between these 3 :

ds_data_hed.sdat
    ds_data_vow.sdat
    sound_data.sdat

which one is the voice for the event?
    can we unpack these file again?

16. miruki

miruki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    I'd be guessing the vo in ds_data_vow.sdat stands for voiceover. Whatever that's w's for... XD

17. Dhaos_Niko

Dhaos_Niko Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Exact. When you go to speak with the knig all the dialogue after that are out of sync. I hated that so i just used again the undubbed ROM. Apart the Main charachter, the dialogue is somewhat normal. Not good as Luminous Arc 1 & 2 (in my opinion), but neither a tragedy.

18. DarkSunDS

DarkSunDS Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    The movies folder contains the anime cutscenes only, right? I think I'll just take those from Japanese rather than keeping the English voices all the way or having out-of-sync voiceovers.

19. h0ll0w

h0ll0w Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Guess i'll just wait for the US version. According to the schedule it supposed to released in two days at March 17. Maybe the game will be easier to undub

20. Sara-chan

Sara-chan Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I doubt it.
    The Europe release seems to contain only English voices.
    As such, there's no reason those would be different in the American release.

Anyway, the ds_data_hed.sdat file seems to be pointers to the sound files themselves.
    That means the ds_data_vow.sdat files are raw sound instead of normal sdat files.
    Theoretically, it may be possible to fix by editing the ds_data_hed.sdat file in the rom folder.
    The files in the rom folder are the main game dialogue, the ex1 folder contains battle dialogue.
    However, I have looked at it myself and was confused when trying to compare the English and Japanese files.
    The size of the general structures within the files seem to be exactly the same.
    Only the end of the file seems to differ in size, and it does not seem to contain the pointers.
    The problem has to be fairly early in the file to cause such a problem, but I don't know where it is. Sigh.
    I can't stand the English voice acting, but out-of-sync voice acting is annoying too.

Edit: Actually, ds_data_vow.sdat also seems to begin with a pointer table.
    The pointer table at the start of ds_data_vow.sdat is to the actual voices.
    Perhaps, then, the ds_data_hed.sdat file simply references which voice to use?
    This would still mean the solution lays in ds_data_hed.sdat, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tierkreis, Suikoden, Undub