ROM Hack Suikoden Tierkreis Undub Infos here

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are their any weird side effects? I herd their was a annoying bleep in the world map, anyone encountered some?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't understand why people hate the voices so much, I mean, the MC talks really fast only on the first hour or so, right now I'm at the Magedom and every voice seems to be at normal speed.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get this running under AKAIO 1.3/1.4 on Acekard 2? After selecting language, the game just goes black screen. Changing settings dont seem to help either.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the voices are excellent.

What's jarring is the editing. The MC sound clips cut RIGHT IN immediately after the other characters dialogue. There are times in the game where the editing is less brutal, and there's adequate pause left before and after a response.

The other characters are great too.

qwsed

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, tried different packer/unpacker. Doesnt work with Acekard 2. Needs patching
frown.gif
But i will get an M3 next week hopefully:D Does it work there?

HavQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hmm, just got to the Magedom myself.
Damn, and here I thought I could enjoy smooth dialogue, but nooooo.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is a theory of mine and I could be completely wrong with it since I don't have the proper knowledge to check it myself, but my guess is, that the EUR version has more voice files inside those .sdat files... let's say they are named voice0001.file, voice0002.file, voice00003.file etc, then the EUR version would have more of them than the JPN version, since they added more dialogue boxes in the EUR release, as the text was too long to fit into one. Let's say this is the case, I guess the only way to get the game in sync again would be either splitting some of the JPN voice files so the number matches or adding fake voice files without any sound in it just to make the voice files stay in order after that particular part.

I think.

If I remember correctly it felt to me like there were less dialogue boxes than spoken text when I the out-of-sync stuff happened, I still have the save right before entering El-Qa... I forgot what it's name was... XD I'll check later to see the excact point it goes out of sync, my son is occupying the DS right now. XD

Makenboshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
between these 3 :

ds_data_hed.sdat
ds_data_vow.sdat
sound_data.sdat

which one is the voice for the event?
can we unpack these file again?

Dhaos_Niko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
miruki said:
If I remember correctly it felt to me like there were less dialogue boxes than spoken text when I the out-of-sync stuff happened, I still have the save right before entering El-Qa...

Exact. When you go to speak with the knig all the dialogue after that are out of sync. I hated that so i just used again the undubbed ROM. Apart the Main charachter, the dialogue is somewhat normal. Not good as Luminous Arc 1 & 2 (in my opinion), but neither a tragedy.

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The movies folder contains the anime cutscenes only, right? I think I'll just take those from Japanese rather than keeping the English voices all the way or having out-of-sync voiceovers.

h0ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess i'll just wait for the US version. According to the schedule it supposed to released in two days at March 17. Maybe the game will be easier to undub

Sara-chan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sara.wingdreams.net
XP
Country
United States
h0ll0w said:
Guess i'll just wait for the US version. According to the schedule it supposed to released in two days at March 17. Maybe the game will be easier to undub
I doubt it.
The Europe release seems to contain only English voices.
As such, there's no reason those would be different in the American release.

Anyway, the ds_data_hed.sdat file seems to be pointers to the sound files themselves.
That means the ds_data_vow.sdat files are raw sound instead of normal sdat files.
Theoretically, it may be possible to fix by editing the ds_data_hed.sdat file in the rom folder.
The files in the rom folder are the main game dialogue, the ex1 folder contains battle dialogue.
However, I have looked at it myself and was confused when trying to compare the English and Japanese files.
The size of the general structures within the files seem to be exactly the same.
Only the end of the file seems to differ in size, and it does not seem to contain the pointers.
The problem has to be fairly early in the file to cause such a problem, but I don't know where it is. Sigh.
I can't stand the English voice acting, but out-of-sync voice acting is annoying too.

Edit: Actually, ds_data_vow.sdat also seems to begin with a pointer table.
The pointer table at the start of ds_data_vow.sdat is to the actual voices.
Perhaps, then, the ds_data_hed.sdat file simply references which voice to use?
This would still mean the solution lays in ds_data_hed.sdat, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1