stuff we just let slide

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- In Persona 3, a bunch of high school kids have the ability to shoot themselves in the head with a real gun and summon (not to mention control on command as well) huge monsters that have the power to take over the world and still live with absolutely no damage be it physical or mental (In the non-Japanese versions, the summoning method was censored and called an Evoker instead of a gun but it was still rated M), then they can run around in the middle of the night with deadly weapons fighting off what seems to be plasma-based monsters and even summon and kill Gods, and the head of their dormitory allows it all, and even encourages it!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
phoenixclaws said:
Why is it that Link needs either a Feather or a Cape or some tool to be able to jump?.. I guess white blond elves can't jump without a tool
tongue.gif
.He can't jump under the weight of all that equipment. It's a miracle he even manages to walk.

QUOTE(phoenixclaws @ Aug 4 2010, 11:59 PM) Why is it that Link can never swim unless he has a special set of flippers or something similar so he doesn't drown...
Same. He'd be pulled down by the weight of all the crap he's carrying.

icones_pop_haznos_91.jpg

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic 2006 bugged me for various reasons, but what I really want to know is why Princess Elise never questions that she's developing an emotional attachment to a talking blue hedgehog. Sure, he rescues her so be grateful by all means, but seriously, was there no point where she just took a step back to analyse the situation and realise that her relationship with the hedgehog is going a bit too far? Why does she never question any of these anthropomorphic mutants when they're clearly the only ones of their kind in the city. Why are people so eager to give out quests to people they don't know, never mind a giant talking hedgehog with gloves that put Mickey Mouse to shame?

Evidently I'm not the only one that's thought this. Found this as Gamefaqs Top Ten for today. Seems a little suspect that it should show up now...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2125.html

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you allowed to kill enemies only by jumping on them, but they can kill you from every other angle?

Why does the enemy never run out of ammo?

Why was MissingNo. a "bird" type if it was supposed to represent the evolutionary link between Marowak and Kangaskhan?

naglaro00 said:
Why no black protagonists?
Stumped.png

(oddly enough, I only searched the word "stumped")

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you allowed to kill enemies only by jumping on them, but they can kill you from every other angle? If you're talking about Mario it's probably because squishing Goombas is the best way to dispose of them

Why does the enemy never run out of ammo? Depends on the enemy. Otherwise, erm, care packages?

Why was MissingNo. a "bird" type if it was supposed to represent the evolutionary link between Marowak and Kangaskhan? MissingNo. is purely a glitch, it's not meant to represent anything, let alone exist.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
dudeonline said:
Not only money, but how the hell would a random wolf/boar/bear/ect... be carrying a fucking Longsword or a helmet? where the hell did you put it, and I dont even wanna know how it got there.

Also...Why is it that in most games, no matter the genre, the protagonist will never need to so much as eat, sleep, or shit...much less shower or change his/her damn clothes.

you might want to look at this game
smile.gif

you guys should check this game out, it points out on alot of those things that are WTF in other games
smile.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pulling monsters is just dumb.

Oh wait, just a bit closer, they still can't see me even though I have no cover and I am standing in broad daylight.

Kills suspension of disbelief really nicely.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami357 said:
i thought cloud was a SOLDIER reject? didn't they eff up everyone in the army in FF VII???
He never made it to SOLDIER. He was an infantryman who somehow managed to beat Sephiroth through pure dumb luck and was then experimented on by Hojo. He was a Sephiroth clone with Jenova cells in him making him more powerful than the Mako infused SOLDIERs.

How is it that the more people I kill with my rocket launcher in Crackdown the bigger the explosions I make with that rocket launcher. It makes no sense but is oh so awesome

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've always wondered... Why does the evil overlord always send his troops out one or two at a time and making them progressively stronger as he goes. If he sees you as a threat, couldn't he send his fucking final boss after you while you're still that level one farm kid?

ProtoKun7 said:
Two words.

Perception filters.

Also, Somebody Else's Problem field.
You're saying every game console we buy has a cheap SEP field generator in it to make you ignore all the crap in the game? Hmm...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Midna said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Two words.

Perception filters.

Also, Somebody Else's Problem field.
You're saying every game console we buy has a cheap SEP field generator in it to make you ignore all the crap in the game? Hmm...
Well, they can run on a 9V battery.
wink.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
I've always wondered... Why does the evil overlord always send his troops out one or two at a time and making them progressively stronger as he goes. If he sees you as a threat, couldn't he send his fucking final boss after you while you're still that level one farm kid?
Well in many games when you're just a level 1 farm kid you aren't a threat. It's when you start to beat the higher up crap (because you usually don't directly infiltrate the boss's headquarters until the endgame) that he takes notice of you (because helping a generic farm NPC find her daughter has no part in an evil villain's plans) and sends shit after you.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT'S A VIDEO GAME.

IF IT WAS REALISTIC, IT WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF PLAYING IT.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO OUTSIDE OR SOMETHING.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...