Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Shinigami357 said:
i thought cloud was a SOLDIER reject? didn't they eff up everyone in the army in FF VII???
He never made it to SOLDIER. He was an infantryman who somehow managed to beat Sephiroth through pure dumb luck and was then experimented on by Hojo. He was a Sephiroth clone with Jenova cells in him making him more powerful than the Mako infused SOLDIERs.

How is it that the more people I kill with my rocket launcher in Crackdown the bigger the explosions I make with that rocket launcher. It makes no sense but is oh so awesome

the underlined parts were my exact points (SOLDIER reject and also effed up soldier)

QUOTE(Urza @ Aug 8 2010, 09:15 PM)
IT'S A VIDEO GAME.

IF IT WAS REALISTIC, IT WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF PLAYING IT.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO OUTSIDE OR SOMETHING.

uh... peace??? here, have some epinephrine, a heart monitor, and just in case, i'll get a (not-hot) nurse with a defibrillator to standby if you go hyper. i'll be back with the tranquilizers and the straitjacket. chill.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami357 said:
Urza said:
IT'S A VIDEO GAME.

IF IT WAS REALISTIC, IT WOULD DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF PLAYING IT.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO OUTSIDE OR SOMETHING.

uh... peace??? here, have some epinephrine, a heart monitor, and just in case, i'll get a (not-hot) nurse with a defibrillator to standby if you go hyper. i'll be back with the tranquilizers and the straitjacket. chill.
Just ignore him, he does that all the time. :/

-In some games the vehicles never run out of fuel.

-In Just Cause 2 you never run out of parachutes, or grappling hooks/lines.

-In Call of Duty[ Multiplayer, the higher ups let you send out billions of dollars worth of whatever to kill off 6 - 12 opposing enemies.

-In Modern Warfare 2, you can call in a nuke to kill the 6 - 12 enemies whilst killing yourself and your teammates.

-Contrary to popular belief, shotguns only have a range of 6 feet. Except a pump action shotgun.

Also to the people who say that a few bullets would kill you fast if CoD had a health bar system instead of HP regen: 2 - 3 bullets will already kill you super fast. I think that if they would actually allow for a health/body armor system (Body armor = Juggernaut), it would balance out just fine. Even with a riot shield... Never mind, thats another one of the things I overlook.

-In Modern Warfare 2, the Riot Shield is impenetrable.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-in JRPGs, an empire is always touted to have the best army, strongest generals, best tactician/advisors etc, but then some sneaky "ally" manages to backstab them in the just the right time and manner, and the whole thing turns into ruin and vows of vengeance (ahem, sorry, vows to seek justice and regain freedom).
and don't even get me started about those ones that one evil underling thingy somehow corrupts the king before anyone (even the gods-forsaken queen) figures out anything is wrong.

-the evil lord always has some mind-numbingly stupendous puzzles littered around his own castle/lair etc. even the ancient ruins of the forces trying to help you out have their own mind-numbingly stupendous puzzles.

-electricity-based attacks/magic/equipment/artifacts are always called "thunder something-or-other" isn't it lightning that's the electric half of the pair???

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The huge discrepancies between characters' moves and abilities in cutscenes and their in-game moves and abilities.

And I found this quote somewhere, seems appropriate:
QUOTE said:
Alice: It looks to me that there's a foot-high wall over there in the corner. We'll have to find another route.
Bob: Can't we just climb over it like normal human beings?
Alice: What next? 'Alice, why don't we eat?' 'Alice, why is everything trying to kill us?' 'Alice, why don't we ever go to the toilet?' You're full of it. Let's go!

Although, to be honest, foot-high walls completely blocking your path is simply bad level design. If the game mechanics don't allow jumping or climbing, don't make it so glaringly obvious. Make the wall ten feet high and lined with spikes and topped with electrified razor wire, so that the reason you can't go that way is that a huge wall is in the way, and not the fact your character can't jump. But then again, this is simply bad level design, and people usually don't let it slide that easily.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
These all seem relevant to some degree; each relating to something we often let slide in games...:
concerned007.jpg
concerned022.jpg
concerned049.jpg
concerned063.jpg
concerned097.jpg
concerned128.jpg
concerned172.jpg

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Something I've always wondered about: how can there be so many worlds for all those game characters to live in? Do they each live on separate planets or what? (Don't you dare mention SMG)

Another thing: how come all enemies of a certain type always look exactly the same? Sure, they can have many similarities, but there must be some differences at least. Take Pokémon for example, you can have two Caterpies that look exactly the same, but IRL, when you take a look at two caterpillars of the same type/gender, you'll still find lots of differences (size, weight, etc).

Interesting topic.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ellie said:
Something I've always wondered about: how can there be so many worlds for all those game characters to live in? Do they each live on separate planets or what? (Don't you dare mention SMG)
Uh, are you trying to imply that every single fictional character in any piece of media in existence are all from the same universe?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
One thing that's always bothered me about the 3D Zelda games is when you try to make Link climb a ledge that he should totally be able to climb, but he refuses to.

whylink.png

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ellie said:

Another thing: how come all enemies of a certain type always look exactly the same? Sure, they can have many similarities, but there must be some differences at least. Take Pokémon for example, you can have two Caterpies that look exactly the same, but IRL, when you take a look at two caterpillars of the same type/gender, you'll still find lots of differences (size, weight, etc).

Interesting topic.

When you have caught a pokemon, they do have weight and length...
It was either in the pokédex or in the summary of that pokémon.

I find it weird... That when mario jumps into a pool of friggin' hot lava, that he jumps up screaming that it's hot o.o
Heck, the heat from the lava, even on those platforms (Which should also burn in the lava btw, unless it's made of super crystal or whatever) the heat would be way too high too survive :/

How can mario fly, with a hat... with two wings, as small as bird feathers you find on the streets?
(Invisibility hat, WTF?)

Mario is weird
tongue.gif

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
geoflcl said:
One thing that's always bothered me about the 3D Zelda games is when you try to make Link climb a ledge that he should totally be able to climb, but he refuses to.

whylink.png
That's because he would need to jump, and in all the Zelda games, Link never jumps upwards.

Crimsonclaw111

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never understood why RPGs have a hidden boss more powerful than the final boss. I guess it's a good thing they never decide to take over the world, or you'd be fucked.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
In all pokemon games your mum sits in her house 24/7 and never moves

In pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky you save the world and woop di doo it's now harder to travel through a forest than it is to save the world

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:

In pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky you save the world and woop di doo it's now harder to travel through a forest than it is to save the world

Yeah. The only thing she does is spend all your goddamn money!
angry.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:

In D/P/P she came out for a Pokemon contest?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
In Halo, how can you jump so high in 5000lb armor?

Well assuming it's futuristic and all that...it might enhance parts of your body.

maybe all of 'em.
smileipb2.png

In Castlevania, we're expected to believe Dracula has some how been able to revive like 20 times now, all with spiffy new final forms, and in many cases, new moves?
We're also expected to believe he still has the BALLS to fight?
You'd think after the 5th or so defeat he'd start getting disheartened, by the 10th i'd imagine he'd be fucking scared of his own shadow.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Urza said:
Ellie said:
Uh, are you trying to imply that every single fictional character in any piece of media in existence are all from the same universe?
I wondered to begin with.
unsure.gif

I hope he wasn't.
mellow.gif

But I think he's really talking about how in some games there are different planets for different characters, rather than any living on the same world...this sentence kinda got away from me, but I think I know what I'm talking about, even if I'm the only one.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how come in most rpg's you can go running through people's houses looking thorugh their cupboards and chests stealing stuff and they just stand there and smile then still answer your question as you have just robbed them blind.............................sudeki300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.