Hacking Still on 3.0.1, should i update or wait?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello guys!

I believe i bought my Nintendo Switch 5-7 months ago (not sure), but i haven't used it once.
The only time i booted it up, was to check which firmware it was on (3.0.1).:blush:

I do know that SX Pro is out and is working great for many! I'm really glad to hear that.
I'm actually considering to order one, just to support the SX team behind that hack.:shy:

BUT my main concern is that if i update my Nintendo Switch to the latest version (5.1.0), i might lose the ability to boot the CFW without any jig in the future....

I'm not in a hurry to hack it etc etc.
So do you think i should update my Switch or just wait for Atmosphere and hoping that they might have a solution without having to use the JIG everytime?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind using a jig and/or AutoRCM forever to boot into RCM and run payloads, then there's no reason not to update.

If you want to upgrade while retaining the ability to downgrade back to 3.0.1 for future non-RCM exploits, then you can follow this guide to update without burning your efuses. However, it requires that you install AutoRCM to keep from accidentally burning your efuses.

It should also be noted that the SX OS doesn't offer much anymore. Unless you want the SX dongle, there are free alternatives to almost everything SX OS offers.

Why the hell buy a 300 pound console and not use it for 7 months?!
I bought my Switch last October, and I probably didn't start using it until May or June.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They literally didn't do anything, in fact they stole quite a bit of code from ReSwitched, and the entrypoint was also not found by them.
They were the first to develop signature patches, and I believe ReiNX's free signature patches that we're all using were at least partially inspired by those found in SX OS. That's it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, I updated to the latest firmware. I don't really plan on hacking my system...at least for a while. I figure that if I want a hackable system I can just buy another one. it's so easy to swap systems now that there are no cords that it wouldn't be an issue. I think as long as you've bought a system since before this month, which you obviously have, you're safe. :)

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man I have waited like you for months and I had an even better 2.3 console but I had enough waiting so the other day I have updated! And now I'm finally enjoying my console and everything works fine!
Yeah maybe I have lost the coldboot feature but is it really so important? As long as you don't power off the console, coldboot is not needed and still there's is auto rcm that consent you to power on the console and SX very easily with a smartphone.

So you decide if a possibile coldboot is more important than starting enjoying the console months earlier.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man I have waited like you for months and I had an even better 2.3 console but I had enough waiting so the other day I have updated! And now I'm finally enjoying my console and everything works fine!
Yeah maybe I have lost the coldboot feature but is it really so important? As long as you don't power off the console, coldboot is not needed and still there's is auto rcm that consent you to power on the console and SX very easily with a smartphone.

So you decide if a possibile coldboot is more important than starting enjoying the console months earlier.
There is no coldboot. Those vaporhax like dejavu are warmboot. You need a modchip for "coldboot".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: