Hacking Discussion Deja Vu/Jamais Vu/Other Soft exploits - Are they still worth the wait?

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this question continues to get asked every now and then, but with new developments in the scene, the answer tends to change a little every time. Along with everybody's own unique circumstances, I think this will continue to be asked, so I think a thread could be good for the ongoing discussion on the matter.

So the big question, is it still worthwhile for anyone to be waiting on older firmwares in the hope of a software exploit?
People have been talking about the possibility of us getting an exploit that doesn't require RCM mode and the need for a payload injection, but it seems like there hasn't been any news on the development of this.
Meanwhile the people on the latest firmware have got things like SXOS, LayeredFS, ReiNX, etc to play around with. Is all the waiting really just about not having to use a dongle?

I'm one of the people still on 3.0, and I don't even know why I'm waiting any more. I guess the fact that I have a 2nd Switch console on the latest firmware and a bunch of purchased games, meant that I wouldn't get the itch to do something with my 3.0 device and gladly leave it untouched.

But thinking about it, I don't really know why I don't update it. As we speak, there are three known exploits besides Fusee Gelee.

1. Pegaswitch
This is a warmboot exploit that was released and only worked on 3.0
2. Deja Vu
This is also a warmboot exploit that has NOT been released, but is known to work on any firmware up to 4.1.0
3. Jamais Vu
Same as above but only works on 1.0. Personally I don't know much about it and whether or not its any more powerful (in terms of level of privileges) than Deja Vu. Hopefully someone here can clear this up.

So far, none of these work past version 4.1.0. None of these are cold boot exploits, so while they don't require a dongle or a payload injection, they still need to be run after every boot AFAIK. But most importantly, these don't play the latest Switch games that require newer firmwares.

So right now, why should someone on a low firmware stay where they are? Even if hypothetically a cold boot exploit for 3.0 was released, with a full CFW, the moment I need to update to play something like Mario Odyssey (a 3.0.1 game), that will kill the usability of the exploit.
What's the use of a OFW 1.0 only exploit for example when you can't even play like 90% of the games on it?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i was just going to write about this now, thanks

i still don't know why they didn't release it even if it was already patched on 5.0
i am still on 4.1, but not releasing it to this day is very strange.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes.
1. Pegaswitch worked on 1.0.0 up to 3.x?
2. From 3.0.2 to 4.1.0 (or only 4.1.0)
3. 1.0.0 up to 3.0.2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i was just going to write about this now, thanks

i still don't know why they didn't release it even if it was already patched on 5.0
i am still on 4.1, but not releasing it to this day is very strange.
Not everything in jamais vu is patched. Something still works on 5.0. And also when Nintendo still did not fix this, why would they release it?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes.
1. Pegaswitch worked on 1.0.0 up to 3.x?
2. From 3.0.2 to 4.1.0 (or only 4.1.0)
3. 1.0.0 up to 3.0.2.

It wasn't pathced. Something still works on 5.0. And also when Nintendo still did not fix this, why would they release it?
wasn't patched? i was told it was patched.

Reactions: leon8179

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the flip side, consider this:
If they're only going to release it once its patched, then how useful is it? Nintendo then just have to release a title update for their best games that require the latest OFW with the exploit patched.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
On the flip side, consider this:
If they're only going to release it once its patched, then how useful is it? Nintendo then just have to release a title update for their best games that require the latest OFW with the exploit patched.
If you use rajkostos upgrade/downgrade method, very.
And also because it is not patched yet, they can make it work on higher firmware as well.
And nope, because you would be using emunand at that point.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I know this question continues to get asked every now and then, but with new developments in the scene, the answer tends to change a little every time. Along with everybody's own unique circumstances, I think this will continue to be asked, so I think a thread could be good for the ongoing discussion on the matter.

So the big question, is it still worthwhile for anyone to be waiting on older firmwares in the hope of a software exploit?
People have been talking about the possibility of us getting an exploit that doesn't require RCM mode and the need for a payload injection, but it seems like there hasn't been any news on the development of this.
Meanwhile the people on the latest firmware have got things like SXOS, LayeredFS, ReiNX, etc to play around with. Is all the waiting really just about not having to use a dongle?

I'm one of the people still on 3.0, and I don't even know why I'm waiting any more. I guess the fact that I have a 2nd Switch console on the latest firmware and a bunch of purchased games, meant that I wouldn't get the itch to do something with my 3.0 device and gladly leave it untouched.

But thinking about it, I don't really know why I don't update it. As we speak, there are three known exploits besides Fusee Gelee.

1. Pegaswitch
This is a warmboot exploit that was released and only worked on 3.0
2. Deja Vu
This is also a warmboot exploit that has NOT been released, but is known to work on any firmware up to 4.1.0
3. Jamais Vu
Same as above but only works on 1.0. Personally I don't know much about it and whether or not its any more powerful (in terms of level of privileges) than Deja Vu. Hopefully someone here can clear this up.

So far, none of these work past version 4.1.0. None of these are cold boot exploits, so while they don't require a dongle or a payload injection, they still need to be run after every boot AFAIK. But most importantly, these don't play the latest Switch games that require newer firmwares.

So right now, why should someone on a low firmware stay where they are? Even if hypothetically a cold boot exploit for 3.0 was released, with a full CFW, the moment I need to update to play something like Mario Odyssey (a 3.0.1 game), that will kill the usability of the exploit.
What's the use of a OFW 1.0 only exploit for example when you can't even play like 90% of the games on it?
Love your threath , let me tell you about my experience , i dont like or care about online gaming , thats after i get OS xecuter install a lot of xci and updated them wich led me to beeing ban ,, wich open a lot of doors and the first one is , not been afraid to beeing ban .
The second is that i can can install all the apps/tools i want and its easier .
I would like a threath kinda of : already ban using xecuter SX OS minimal apps to have installed and could be usefull like :
1- Nxfreeshop
2- a working ftp tool for install add and remover files from the microsd card without removing in it ( PLease let me know if theres one , im on latest firmware and already ban )
3- A tool for make a copy of the saves and back up in a hard drive ( if you know any let me know )
4- A cheat tool to run of course cheats :-) ,,,, ( Note gonna use them online dont worry im already ban )

Last edited by matias3ds,

Solitario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@SciresM is already very busy programming the atmosphere and tb does not have to release something that nintendo did not correct 100% it was already said that dejavu was going to be released a while after the atmosphere was released

@SciresM is already very busy programming the atmosphere and tb does not have to release something that nintendo did not correct 100% it was already said that dejavu was going to be released a while after the atmosphere was released

Dejavu's purpose is to be an entry point for atmosphere Emunand so no matter if your Sysnand is at <= 4.1 it's worth waiting for it or you want to get stuck with Auto Rcm or Jig, other than Auto Rcm the nintendo switch gets always on and Jig spoils the Joycon rails

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was patiently waiting but figured I hardly reboot my console now anyway, and the only time I do is at home so what the hell do I need boothax for. It would be convenient, but at this point I'm thinking it's vaporware. Plus I can always just throw in a chip like trinket to get the same results or even better with coldboot.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think anyone who's able to solder an internal "modchip" that sends payloads, has arguably the best solution anyone will ever have. All the software exploits are warm boot. A modchip would give you a seamless cold boot solution that's also future proof with all firmwares.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think anyone who's able to solder an internal "modchip" that sends payloads, has arguably the best solution anyone will ever have. All the software exploits are warm boot. A modchip would give you a seamless cold boot solution that's also future proof with all firmwares.
I still have my chameleon chip for my original xbox, it's solderless and can be flashed with the included adapter. It was awesome.
Guess who made it... TX. That's why I laugh at these people saying TX can't do anything for themselves.

Mebbe they will have such a thing for NX someday, and considering how easy it is to get the back off the NX, a solderless chip would sell like hotcakes.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

Mikuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
IMO they are not worth at all. None of them are coldboot exploits and you need to start exploit each time through webkit or game save when you power on your console. Much easier and faster to install Rebug chip for 7$ or buy yourself SX Pro if you want untethered exploit

If you want to wait when other people enjoying playing games feel free to. But do you really need want that?

Last edited by Mikuru,

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like this is the situation here:

f5wayzE.png

No solution is perfect right now.

Mr. Wizard

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMO they are not worth at all. None of them are coldboot exploits and you need to start exploit each time through webkit or game save when you power on your console. Much easier and faster to install Rebug chip for 7$ or buy yourself SX Pro if you want untethered exploit

If you want to wait when other people enjoying playing games feel free to. But do you really need want that?
You misspelled trinket m0.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

if it wasy to activate it everytime (like the DS profile exploit in 4.0 on 3DS) then i am more then happy using that method.

You misspelled trinket m0.
rinket m0 is free? where?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)