Hacking Still no Super Mario RPG Wad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the banner and sounds will be retained when making the NTSC-U and PAL versions. I was quite disappointed to find that Chrono Trigger had the boxart instead of the title screen (along with a different sound). I have other VC games that I bought, and it would be nice to have them all be consistent.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Anorhc said:
I hope the banner and sounds will be retained when making the NTSC-U and PAL versions. I was quite disappointed to find that Chrono Trigger had the boxart instead of the title screen (along with a different sound). I have other VC games that I bought, and it would be nice to have them all be consistent.
The banners for USA/EUR release will follow the exact same design the other VC banners have.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
jayparadox said:
Anorhc said:
The banners for USA/EUR release will follow the exact same design the other VC banners have.

I should change the Treasure Hunter G banner/save as the translated one have all translation credits on it.
unsure.gif

I used boxart.

Don't really feel like doing it tho - the risk of bricking is still high
frown.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to change the save name. Thanks for the help jayparadox.

jayparadox said:
LOL, that's what I first though of.
My guesses are that it the HomeButton2/HomeButton3 U8 file(03.app or 04.app), and should work with just replacing with the US app files.

The 00000004.app just contains the necessary graphic Home 2 and 3 Buttons for all 6 Languages. And some other stuff but I don't think any of those trigger what language buttons to load (but I'll double check). I know it has something to do with the 00000001.app.

I have found the sentence "You will need a Classic Controller" in all 6 languages in the 00000001.app so it's possible to change the buttons to display the correct language.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Its not posible to take off the manual using the "special" 4.app? Do you really need it? someone is going to prepare one? its a waste of time... (at less for me)

Today is a great day!!

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
sr_corsario said:
Its not posible to take off the manual using the "special" 4.app? Do you really need it? someone is going to prepare one? its a waste of time... (at less for me)

Today is a great day!!

It is possible to remove the manual. I've done it myself. I used the special 00000004.app I created to remove the Operation Manual Button (which for Super Mario RPG Pal Wad, it freezes when you click on it) and replaced the compressed manual with the empty manual to reduce the size of the wad.

I think that is what you meant anyway.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RadioShadow said:
Arakon said:
yeah.. the tool causes genesis/MD games to hard crash the console when you try to patch them. so still no go for those.

The problem with Mega Drive Wads is the Emulator has been set like this:

If it detects the wad is playing on Japan/US Wii = Runs Wii in NTSC (60Hz)
If it detects the wad is playing on Pal Wii = Run in shitty Pal Mode (50Hz)

Changing the Pal settings it runs to Pal60Hz doesn't work when I tried changing them in GWP. What someone needs to figure out is how to tell the Mega Drive Wii emulator to run the NTSC setting instead of the Pal setting when a Pal Wii is detected. Once that is figured out, just change the NTSC Settings to Pal60 and Mega Drive rom can run in 60HZ! (well that's my theroy anyway.)

I know. The worst part is: Even if you switch a PAL wii to US or JP with the regionchange + systemmenu flash, they STILL run at 50hz.. so they have to be using a different means of detection than just reading the settings.txt.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry dudes...
My Wii is so retarded it just wont boot this game. Complete black screen with every type of configuration you could imagine: Downgrade, region change, region free WAD, region change WAD, Crediar's Starfall, marcan's menuloader, and any combination of all these just give a plain black screen.

Since I can't get this done, I can't do what I had in mind for the translation of the game. Let's hope someone with a normal Wii figures out what I had in mind, and makes a working USA/EUR SMRPG game for you
smile.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
[OT] I just edited the Treasure Hunter G Banner/Save etc. Has now got proper title screen shot instead of Boxart.

Check the various sites later.

QUOTE said:
Sorry dudes...
My Wii is so retarded it just wont boot this game. Complete black screen with every type of configuration you could imagine: Downgrade, region change, region free WAD, region change WAD, Crediar's Starfall, marcan's menuloader, and any combination of all these just give a plain black screen.

Since I can't get this done, I can't do what I had in mind for the translation of the game. Let's hope someone with a normal Wii figures out what I had in mind, and makes a working USA/EUR SMRPG game for you

Why is your Wii retarded? did something happen to it?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
RadioShadow said:
Arakon said:
yeah.. the tool causes genesis/MD games to hard crash the console when you try to patch them. so still no go for those.

The problem with Mega Drive Wads is the Emulator has been set like this:

If it detects the wad is playing on Japan/US Wii = Runs Wii in NTSC (60Hz)
If it detects the wad is playing on Pal Wii = Run in shitty Pal Mode (50Hz)

Changing the Pal settings it runs to Pal60Hz doesn't work when I tried changing them in GWP. What someone needs to figure out is how to tell the Mega Drive Wii emulator to run the NTSC setting instead of the Pal setting when a Pal Wii is detected. Once that is figured out, just change the NTSC Settings to Pal60 and Mega Drive rom can run in 60HZ! (well that's my theroy anyway.)

I know. The worst part is: Even if you switch a PAL wii to US or JP with the regionchange + systemmenu flash, they STILL run at 50hz.. so they have to be using a different means of detection than just reading the settings.txt.
What!? man that sucks, i was planning to change my wii to US NTSC for this reason
frown.gif

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Fission said:
[OT] I just edited the Treasure Hunter G Banner/Save etc. Has now got proper title screen shot instead of Boxart.

Check the various sites later.

QUOTE said:
Sorry dudes...

Why is your Wii retarded? did something happen to it?
It's always worked perfect with anything I've done to/for it, but it just wont boot this game...
Anyway, I'm getting my hands on another Wii to check if it's just mine, or if it's me xDDD

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
[OT]

Can someone take a look at my wad to see why the Channel sound isn't working
frown.gif

I put new banners & save icon which work fine just not the channel sound - I'm perplexed why it doesn't work now
frown.gif

Send me a PM and I'll upload it.

Thanks.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Anorhc said:
Our Chrono Trigger WAD is the only game with custom images because it was requested that way. As for custom sounds, we do that occasionally if we find a sound that we like. Changing it back to the VC sound is easy enough... but we release custom games. So sometimes they're, well, custom.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yup... it's been completely fixed!

Download this "Patch", get the Mario RPG rom, and load it on your SD card as directed in the readme, and it'll run PERFECTLY! You'll even have save states! Plus, you can transfer your save file between your Wii and PC so you can play it on your PC and continue from where you left off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Might have some lidelle fanart as later profile pictures