Hacking Still no Super Mario RPG Wad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hrm.. best I get so far with the PAL version with US rom inject is the intro, then it crashes when you press start.. it's not a hard crash, though, home menu still works.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
hrm.. best I get so far with the PAL version with US rom inject is the intro, then it crashes when you press start.. it's not a hard crash, though, home menu still works.
That's problably because "Save" screen is different in both versions:

smrpg_files_1.gif

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me what is the difference between the various pal60 modes i can choose from in wwpacker16?
There is interlaced, non interlaced, progressive.... which one is the right one?

[EDIT] Super Mario 64 NTSC converted to PAL60: works like a charm!!!!

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
masud said:
Can someone explain to me what is the difference between the various pal60 modes i can choose from in wwpacker16?
There is interlaced, non interlaced, progressive.... which one is the right one?

[EDIT] Super Mario 64 NTSC converted to PAL60: works like a charm!!!!
Mario 64 already worked at 60hz with freethewads only, you should try one that didn't work liek mario kart 64.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah.. the tool causes genesis/MD games to hard crash the console when you try to patch them. so still no go for those.

Fire-WSP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
Analizing the uncompressed DOL, I can see it's ready for it's USA release(JCBE - SUPER MARIO RPG(SNS) - Legend of 7 Stars), but still need to investigate more about the japanese text's being translated
wink.gif

I extracted the JCBJ.rom from the WAD and tried it on ZSNES yesterday.
The Rom works but the Musik is totaly broken. I looked into this rom with a hex editor and found out that they exchanged 3 Parts in the rom with PCMF...
Then i compared the JCBJ rom with the japanese original SNES rom. There is not much changes except for the PCMF parts and a few bits here and there.
I dont know why they did this PCMF stuff but when i inject the japanese original game it also works.

The US Version however has more changes of course but the PCMF parts are at the same place.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Fire-WSP said:
jayparadox said:
Analizing the uncompressed DOL, I can see it's ready for it's USA release(JCBE - SUPER MARIO RPG(SNS) - Legend of 7 Stars), but still need to investigate more about the japanese text's being translated
wink.gif

I extracted the JCBJ.rom from the WAD and tried it on ZSNES yesterday.
The Rom works but the Musik is totaly broken. I looked into this rom with a hex editor and found out that they exchanged 3 Parts in the rom with PCMF...
Then i compared the JCBJ rom with the japanese original SNES rom. There is not much changes except for the PCMF parts and a few bits here and there.
I dont know why they did this PCMF stuff but when i inject the japanese original game it also works.

The US Version however has more changes of course but the PCMF parts are at the same place.

The JCBJ.Rom also has a bad checksum (Bad rom)
I got it to work through injection too.
I'm quite puzzled why in DKC2.wad there are 2 copies of the Rom (one with a bad checksum and one with good checksum) PLUS a PCM file.
wacko.gif

I put 2 identical copies of the DKC2.smc (renaming it according to the existing ones) into the DKC2.wad, and it ran like normal.
unsure.gif

I'm unable to extract the DOL file though... is there a tool for it?
unsure.gif

I only found an AR Dol extractor
unsure.gif

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Deba, I'll be in that room in some minutes to start working on the US/EUR VC of SMRPG.

For the rest of you doing injection tests: I've been trying for 2-3 days now to get this corrected(the crash before the Title screen). Also, it appears that the game is "patched" to japanese if you use an english rom. The group/team who are working on this is near to get it corrected
wink.gif

The PCM are sound files that are linked to the ones in the JCBJ.pcm file, which means they aren't loaded using a PC emulator == bad sounds on PC.

If we get it corrected, you might see a proper english release tonight
tongue.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
huh, their emulator is so bad they can't properly emulate the sound and use PCM samples instead ?
strange

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read anything but the last 2 pages, but it seems there's a translated Mario RPG about to be released for NTSC and PAL Wii's? Is this true?

EDIT: N/M, there's one in the works, and I found the JPN release.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
All SNES(at least the ones I've seen) have these PCM and VAR files. I guess they are like the T64 files in N64 VC games, just to make things "better".

Replacing the original sound data for the PCM ones works just the same on the Wii.
My guesses about the text being changed into Japanese even using an English rom was that a file like that one(PCM) was used to patch the text strings, but it seems it's not exactly that way...

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
yeah.. the tool causes genesis/MD games to hard crash the console when you try to patch them. so still no go for those.

The problem with Mega Drive Wads is the Emulator has been set like this:

If it detects the wad is playing on Japan/US Wii = Runs Wii in NTSC (60Hz)
If it detects the wad is playing on Pal Wii = Run in shitty Pal Mode (50Hz)

Changing the Pal settings it runs to Pal60Hz doesn't work when I tried changing them in GWP. What someone needs to figure out is how to tell the Mega Drive Wii emulator to run the NTSC setting instead of the Pal setting when a Pal Wii is detected. Once that is figured out, just change the NTSC Settings to Pal60 and Mega Drive rom can run in 60HZ! (well that's my theroy anyway.)

QUOTE(jayparadox @ Aug 8 2008, 09:48 PM) Deba, I'll be in that room in some minutes to start working on the US/EUR VC of SMRPG.

For the rest of you doing injection tests: I've been trying for 2-3 days now to get this corrected(the crash before the Title screen). Also, it appears that the game is "patched" to japanese if you use an english rom. The group/team who are working on this is near to get it corrected
wink.gif

The PCM are sound files that are linked to the ones in the JCBJ.pcm file, which means they aren't loaded using a PC emulator == bad sounds on PC.

tongue.gif

Sweet. Good luck getting it to work jayparadox.

I've started working on modifying the wad to make it look more like the US Release. The only thing left to figure out is how to change the name under the Save Icon (it's located in 00000001.app but I'm having trouble finding it) and changing the Wii Menu buttons to display in the correct language (which I actually figured out a few weeks ago while experimenting on a Mega Drive wad. Just got to remember how ^^'). The rest such as the VC Icon Image is done.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
RadioShadow said:
jayparadox said:
Deba, I'll be in that room in some minutes to start working on the US/EUR VC of SMRPG.

wink.gif

tongue.gif

Sweet. Good luck getting it to work jayparadox.

I've started working on modifying the wad to make it look more like the US Release. The only thing left to figure out is how to change the name under the Save Icon (it's located in 00000001.app but I'm having trouble finding it) and changing the Wii Menu buttons to display in the correct language (which I actually figured out a few weeks ago while experimenting on a Mega Drive wad. Just got to remember how ^^'). The rest such as the VC Icon Image is done.
Search for the title ID in the decompressed 01.app(JCBJ), and you'll get the game name, and the description the save game has(if any).
The Wii menu, I guess you mean the name that we see when hovering the channel's icon. Deba has got a working banner with it all translated into english, so there is no need for changing that
wink.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
jayparadox said:
Search for the title ID in the decompressed 01.app(JCBJ), and you'll get the game name, and the description the save game has(if any).
The Wii menu, I guess you mean the name that we see when hovering the channel's icon. Deba has got a working banner with it all translated into english, so there is no need for changing that
wink.gif

I'll try that.

For the Wii Menu, I meant when you press the Wii Menu during gameplay and the Wii Menu, Reset and Operational Button appear. They are all in Japanese at the moment.

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
RadioShadow said:
jayparadox said:
wink.gif

I'll try that.

For the Wii Menu, I meant when you press the Wii Menu during gameplay and the Wii Menu, Reset and Operational Button appear. They are all in Japanese at the moment.
LOL, that's what I first though of.
My guesses are that it the HomeButton2/HomeButton3 U8 file(03.app or 04.app), and should work with just replacing with the US app files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong