Super Mario RPG

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was wondering what would be the best way to play super Mario RPG? I have the VC wii version and also snes9x gx and snes9x rx and I was wondering in terms of best playback or accuracy and no slowdowns with video or audio glitches which program should I use to play? Thanks a lot

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say snes9x RX, because controls are more responsive (GX has an unbearable input lag, imo).
Ok and one more question what would have more input lag a wii classic controller hookup thru the wii mote or a wii u pro controller which I can use with emulator

drag4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi I was wondering what would be the best way to play super Mario RPG? I have the VC wii version and also snes9x gx and snes9x rx and I was wondering in terms of best playback or accuracy and no slowdowns with video or audio glitches which program should I use to play? Thanks a lot
Use the Snes emulator to play SMRPG cause the VC version got my save corrupted.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I bought Super Mario RPG back in the day and it played fine. It's even one of the few releases that worked at its intended speed on PAL territories.

But you may want to use either one of the standalone Snes9x forks or Retroarch to play it if you want emulator features like save states or playing the game in 8:7 instead of having the picture stretched, or play it in 240p if you use a crt or have an upscaler.

Using an emulator would also give you the chance to use a rom hack that might fix or improve aspects of the game, if you care about it.

But I never had issues with the VC release.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Super Mario RPG back in the day and it played fine. It's even one of the few releases that worked at its intended speed on PAL territories.

But you may want to use either one of the standalone Snes9x forks or Retroarch to play it if you want emulator features like save states or playing the game in 8:7 instead of having the picture stretched, or play it in 240p if you use a crt or have an upscaler.

Using an emulator would also give you the chance to use a rom hack that might fix or improve aspects of the game, if you care about it.

But I never had issues with the VC release.
Well I have it hooked up to hdtv with component and set to 4:3 I just want it to run full speed and close enough to original game...and I've never played before so I don't know how the game is suppose to play correctly if that makes any sense

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't know what your experience with Virtual Console has been like, but the game doesn't have weird frame rate issues or glitches introduced by the emulator.

There are minimal differences between the original and the Wii VC release, certain spell effects had their flashing effects tuned down or removed as it could cause epilepsy attacks to people vulnerable to them, or just to reduce eye strain.

That's something that has been done to many games that have been rereleased.

Besides that, and one word changed (bugger to pest) there's nothing else different from the original game.

But then again, you have homebrew emulators to play it and they should play it fine.

The only emu I know it has issues with it is Zsnes and that's old and on PC only.

About GX, the only thing I know is that this fork is more geared to accuracy, and some games might have frame drops, and RX put more weight in frame rate, but the accuracy differences should be small and on specific titles.

jonblaze55

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You heard bad things? Like what?

(Seriously, I'm struggling to hold a "I've heard bad things 'bout you momma but I still do it" joke)
Like bad input lag. I've seen it hit a lower fps while doing certain things
Post automatically merged:

I don't know what your experience with Virtual Console has been like, but the game doesn't have weird frame rate issues or glitches introduced by the emulator.

There are minimal differences between the original and the Wii VC release, certain spell effects had their flashing effects tuned down or removed as it could cause epilepsy attacks to people vulnerable to them, or just to reduce eye strain.

That's something that has been done to many games that have been rereleased.

Besides that, and one word changed (bugger to pest) there's nothing else different from the original game.

But then again, you have homebrew emulators to play it and they should play it fine.

The only emu I know it has issues with it is Zsnes and that's old and on PC only.

About GX, the only thing I know is that this fork is more geared to accuracy, and some games might have frame drops, and RX put more weight in frame rate, but the accuracy differences should be small and on specific titles.
On the VC version I'll see a little slowdowns when I hit killing moves sometimes and I dont know if that how's the game suppose to function it's small but I see it and I don't see it really on emulator that's why I question it but I know I'm overreacting and I just need to play it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto