Steam Summer Sale 2018 begins today

share_steam_logo.png

Get your wallets out, PC gamers among us, as the yearly Steam Summer Sale is here. As always, you can expect tons of games to be on sale, just like every summer sale, and you can also expect Steam's front page to crash, just like every year. Once the hype dies down, you can check what's on sale at the link below. Titles like PUBG, Ark, Dying Light, Nioh, Dark Souls III, Ni No Kuni 2, Grim Dawn, Halo Wars, and more are on "deep" discount.

The summer sale game to earn cards and points this year is called Salines, where you can earn points from picking different planets and spending time there.

The sale ends July 5th.

:arrow: Steam

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Flash sales were just a psychological trick. There's no good reason not to have games at their lowest price throughout the entire sale.

Pubs might not want their game discounted to 80% off for two weeks, but are fine with 80% for 24 hours.

Whatever the reason may be, the sales got worse as soon as flash sales were gone and we switched to the current format. Most stuff is barely even a sale anymore and has normally been cheaper elsewhere.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
they’re really pushing the steam link it’s literally $2.50 lol
Yeah the hardware focus has been VR for a while now, they've been giving away controllers and Steam Links very cheap for the last few sales.

Yeah but with shitpping its up to over 10 bucks. Still worthless.
Lol it's definitely worth $10 if you want a streaming solution. Any other option with decent performance is going to be closer to $100.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but with shitpping its up to over 10 bucks. Still worthless.
its definitely worth that price. I understand for some people it may be useless (especially for those that dont care about hooking up to a larger TV or you already have PC directly connected to a large tv) Myself I like to use it as a way to remotely access my desktop (just minimize steam). You can hook up bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Can use your large tv as a monitor. A much better option than unhooking my desktop everytime I want to switch rooms.

Reactions: orangy57

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.