Stability and compatibility of FW 5.05 vs upgrading to >5.05

thegunisgood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to find out what is considered the best option since my PS4 is on 5.05. I am not an expert, but can run the exploit and have been able to install backups and such without issue.

I have had some trouble with backporting games and have not had great success with this so there are some games I haven't been able to get working on 5.05.

Reading some threads on here and the guide it seems 5.05 is recommended, but I am wondering if it is worth it to deal with the instability on say 9.0 if it means compatibility is much easier to deal with.

What are the issues with moving to 9.0?

Should you be able to play ANY game on 5.05 that can be played on 9.0 if backporting is done or are there games that you can't play on 5.05?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a few games that can't be backported, but I've asked al azif about this. she said it's better to say on 5.05, but all other versions, should update.

Reactions: KiiWii

thegunisgood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a few games that can't be backported, but I've asked al azif about this. she said it's better to say on 5.05, but all other versions, should update.

I see this constantly, but I am unsure of why. Why stay on 5.05 if 9.0 may be stable enough and you have more games available without having to find backports.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's mostly that a lot was patched on 7.5x, so if you want a constant hack like cfw for example, it's best to stay on low firmware that's also as stable as 9.00.

thegunisgood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's mostly that a lot was patched on 7.5x, so if you want a constant hack like cfw for example, it's best to stay on low firmware that's also as stable as 9.00.
Generally speaking are most games available with a backport fix for 5.05? going by how many people are on staying on 5.05 I have to assume I am just bad at looking around for the backport pkg files.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your definition of soon might be different to mine ;-)

I'm not sure why the secrecy though, at this rate the only people left on 5.05 will be half a dozen people who read this thread.
No secrecy, I don’t know the exact ins and outs of these things. When I do, and I can share information on it, I will.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I immensely regret going to 9.0 its the most fiddly, annoying junk I've ever had the displeasure of using since I got into console modding.

Now I'm learning that something good might be coming for low firmwares that im going to miss out on because I didn't want to deal with backports.

Keep your holy grail. Upgrading isnt worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1