A few questions from a beginner

Numbskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm new to the PS4 jailbreak scene. I have been lurking and learning for a while now. Finally joined up with a few questions before I jailbreak my console.

My PS4 is on fw 3.15 so I will be updating this through the USB to FW 5.05. I also want to upgrade the hard drive.

If I install fw 5.05 on the new ssd will 3.15 be the firmware I could revert to if I was to use the method shown on modded warfares latest video? Or should I initialise the new drive with 3.15 and then update to 5.05?

This PS4 has never been connected to the Internet and PSN. I've got an ESP8266 board to use as a WiFi hot spot and from what I understand this means my PS4 won't actually be connected to the Internet, but to the board which holds the host files. Using pyflasher I've flashed the board with the PS-Phwoar esp8266 host files from the wrozen site.

Does this come with the latest version of goldhen or are there other ESP ready hosts that are recommended?

As I won't be connected to the Internet should I still enable the disable updates pay load?

I've got myself some FPKG's and the updates that are paired with them. I've made sure I've got the backported versions where needed.

Do the backported fpkgs still show there original firmware number when checking the files with PS4 package veiwer tool or are they supposed to show there backported number?

What happens if I install a game or update that requires a higher firmware than 5.05. Would my system receive a forced firmware update from the game?

Sorry for the long post. I know there's so much information about fw 5.05 but a lot of it is a few years old or more now so I am just being careful as I don't want to mess anything up.

I appriciate any help.

Numbskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see why you would ever want to go back to 3.15.
I know it is not a jailbreakable firmware. Some of the others inbetween that and 5.05 are though. Was just covering myself incase a jailbreak similar to the PS3s came out on any of those firmwares I guess. Although from what I have read that will be unlikely.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it is not a jailbreakable firmware. Some of the others inbetween that and 5.05 are though. Was just covering myself incase a jailbreak similar to the PS3s came out on any of those firmwares I guess. Although from what I have read that will be unlikely.

4.05 and 4.55 are exploitable firmware but really no point to be on those firmwares, you can decide between 5.05 or 9.00.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Numbskull

Update to 5.05 and 3.15 was your previous then yes that’s what you could revert to, but why would you?

I recommend @Prb and @Leeful hosts but @Wr0zen s and @EchoStretch hosts are good also.

They’re updated with latest GoldHEN, cache it and be done.

You’re not connected so no need to disable updates.

Back ports will show the versions they’re backported to.

If you start a game that needs higher firmware it was ask to update, its never forced and the system update pups aren’t included in FPKG games.

Only a discs would ask to update and have the update on the disc for you to use.

Numbskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4.05 and 4.55 are exploitable firmware but really no point to be on those firmwares, you can decide between 5.05 or 9.00.
OK thank you for your help. I will stick with updating to 5.05 for now.
Post automatically merged:

@KiiWii

Thank you for your reply and the recommendations. I've seen both of those hosts mentioned so will have a look at them. Was hoping to not have to connect to the Internet but if they don't have ESP8266 hosts I may have to.

I appriciate all your help.

Last edited by Numbskull,
Reactions: Marc_LFD and KiiWii

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Was hoping to not have to connect to the Internet but if they don't have ESP8266 hosts I may have to.
Using Al Alzif’s DNS you will be safe and need only once to cache the menu.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, lucky bastard! 😍
Why ? Because he can be on 5.05 ? There’s absolutely no hint that ever we’ll get a true CFW , so 5.05 or 9.00 , same stability.

The only downside of 9.00 , is the need of an usb dongle or whatever esp32…

But honestly, I love hardmods, that’s why I went from 6.72 to 9.00, and my next mod will be teensy on my PS4 Pro.

Afaik, hard mods always give you more “opportunities “, even if I do agree, that a soft mode is more “elegant “.

And laughing at Sony updating and reverting 😂

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto