Hacking SSBB has been dumped by Taiwanese

macblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why isn't this supposed DVD5 dump online yet?

This is great news to wake up to, hearing progress being made for us Wiikey users. Hopefully in the next couple days the Wiikey team will have something out.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
By the way, I just want to add that YAOSM is also confirmed to work with JP Brawl on an NTSC system.

Bell is the man. YAOSM is the best chip out there and its fucking free!

yeah, yaosm rocks. But soon a completely new version 3.0 will come out. That version was already planned before the newly discovered SSBB protection. So we'll just have to wait and see if that version will support it too.

seitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
【Wiikey】
コレはまったくダメ・・・・MODが付いていないノーマルWiiにバックアップ
ディスクを入れたのと同じ状態でまるっきり起動しない。
Wiikeyをこれからも使う人は電源ラインにスイッチを取り付けないと
ダメだろうねぇ・・・・

Translation :

"This is useless, it's the same as if you put a backup disk in an unmodded wii in that it definitely doesn't start...

People with wiikey will have to switch to a different chip..."

I wouldn't take him seriously though... hes just frustrated... Besides, if someone already has a partial working dump, it can't be that long before a full dump comes out..

Mirato

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahhh man all of this is FRIKIN AWESOME NEWS TO WAKE UP TO!!!!!! First of all i'm so glad to hear it works with Yaosm. Also to those thinking of selling their Pal wii's to get an NTSC one. It is highly recommended. Pal=Poo.

Leeharris u have made my day
smile.gif

Oh and to be honest if i cant play SSE, its not much of a big issue at the mo. I just wanna be playin sum kickass multiplayer till the the US version comes out!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i see, so the japanese retail game dosn't work on wiikeys, i would presume that it wouldn't work on pal either, also i'm reading reports that people who can play the game (diffrent modchip) are getting dupe channels when they install the firmware on the disc, only option for me is to wait for the pal release and just buy the game legit and wait for wiikey to add dual layer game support.

i'm really surprised it's on a dual layer too as up to now there has not been 1 dual layer game at all, this is the first one, they could possible be more in the future, buying dual layers in europe is expensive though so not happy about that.

oh and by the time the wiikey come out with a update (if they ever do as they don't even have a website) the pal version should be out lol so no rush.

Hideous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shouldn't it be possible, if it ever gets ripped, to replace the movie files with dummy movie files? That way, we could save a lot of space and use a DVD5.

Just a theory. A silly theory!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Do you know if anything else gets messed up apart from duplicate channels?

not sure, all i've read so far on black cats is the dupe channels problem, and thats it.

Shouldn't it be possible, if it ever gets ripped, to replace the movie files with dummy movie files? That way, we could save a lot of space and use a DVD5.

Just a theory. A silly theory!

i hate stupid rips as you don't get to see everything as stuff gets taken out, i will be buying the full game to see everything and play everything.

edit:
video showing game not working on a wiikey

CycloWiz - Recognizes Disc

CycloWiz - running update from disc and it then plays on a cyclowiz

directly from blackcats, these are not my videos.

Hideous

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of course, I wouldn't be enjoying the game quite as much without the movies, but I'd be happy to be able to play it. Otherwise... Make fast forwarded versions so they are shorter? XD

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's with all this talk about stripping the movies out? Get a dual layer burner... $30, maybe even cheaper. You only really need a few blanks, so total, including shipping, like $50, same price as the game (plus you get a dual layer drive for future use). The teams working on getting a stable release aren't going to waste time stripping movies to fit it on a D5.
If you read any previous posts, you'd know the D5 partial dump isn't online at the moment.
Also, CycloWiz FTW.

frenrihr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What's with all this talk about stripping the movies out? Get a dual layer burner... $30, maybe even cheaper. You only really need a few blanks, so total, including shipping, like $50, same price as the game (plus you get a dual layer drive for future use). The teams working on getting a stable release aren't going to waste time stripping movies to fit it on a D5.
If you read any previous posts, you'd know the D5 partial dump isn't online at the moment.
Also, CycloWiz FTW.
yeah cyclowiz... yet hes using wiikey to dump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.