OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Bros Rumble Demo 0.7 is now released! Brought you you by the coders, Neeher, Diddy, and PS991, the new features include:

8 new stages, 10 new characters, unlockables, credits(on the vault screen), double jump(some characters can jump more than 2), pause, run (double tap the D-Pad), side collision, new graphics, some new character sprites (Olimar, Geno) and a CPU! (Btw, to leave a match, pause and then press select).

Since you only start out with a few characters in the beginning, you will have to unlock the rest by exploring the features mentioned above (HINT HINT!). There is only a max of 31 characters that can be unlocked and the rest will remain locked, so don't freak out and spend hours trying to unlock them all.

New stages include:
Battlefield
Treetop Town
Kamek Castle
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Hachiko
Jungle Japes
The Beginning

PROBLEMS:
The cpu is really glitchy right now, If you have one on the screen, it will mess with player 1's jump. Also, the cpu tends to fall through the floor and teleport about the stage. This is not permanent and we only included a cpu in this demo to show you, the fans, that the coders are only a few errors away from having a functioning cpu.

Because of the enormous file size, music has not been included in this demo. Do not think that your speakers are broken.

If you are playing on an emulator, you will not be able to save the characters that you have unlocked. On the DS, however, you can save the unlockables.

Also, just to clarify: Even though this says "Demo 0.7", this is only our second demo. Neeher, Ps991 and I picked up the project at demo 0.5. We are not responsible for such a limited demo with such a high number on it. Think of this as demo 0.2.
thanksscreen.png

Read the entire post before playing please!
Download from the Blog
Glitches Thread

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
coolness said:
You better shut up!!!
That Legend of zelda game you have said it was ready but don`t release it
You cannot code and make games at all
First, let's see you make a game that's like the first demo he firstly released, then you can rant on about him.
Second, saying that he cannot code and make games at all makes on sense because he made that demo
wink.gif

Edit: A bit off topic...

Pretty cool new levels, the game's looking good!

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works on m3 Sakura. Not too shabby. It's definitely a proof of concept still, but a nice one. Wish there was a way to exit when you are in a battle though. Thanks guys for doing the hard work!

Diddy_Kong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guys, there is no fighting yet because this is our Second Demo. We are only releasing it, like what saxamo said, as a proof of concept. Also, saxamo, if you pause with "start" and press "select" while on the pause screen, you exit the match. I am going to edit the first post with this information.

@Skullcollector, The reason that the game doesn't already have fighting is because there is so much else to do for the game. Most of the coders are also spriters, and since we are making a SSB game, we have to be picky on the sprites that we accept into the game. You can make your own fighting game really easily, but getting acceptable sprites is the hard part. You won't get anywhere without these resources.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
coolness said:
You better shut up!!!
That Legend of zelda game you have said it was ready but don`t release it
You cannot code and make games at all
First, let's see you make a game that's like the first demo he firstly released, then you can rant on about him.
Second, saying that he cannot code and make games at all makes on sense because he made that demo
wink.gif

Edit: A bit off topic...

Pretty cool new levels, the game's looking good!

It actually does make sense.

QUOTE(Skullcollector @ Nov 8 2009, 02:01 AM)
JUNE 2009: I then found out about flash carts and decided to port it to DS. I started with PAlib, and found it quite difficult so I found DS Game Maker and used that.

-Skullcollector (Alex Plunkett)
I have to question the coding ability of someone who finds PAlib quite difficult while claiming they know C++.

Sorry way off topic.

This game looks very good. I have been watching it for a while but never got around to downloading it until just now. I am looking forward to when fighting is completed.

cod4r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
Ok then I'll make a demo for this, WITH FIGHTING.
Dude, I can not help but laugh at this post. It's incredibly hard to stop laughing. I've seen your threads and 'games', they are amateurish.

Not to mention you can not code in PAlib, but only DSGM, which is um..how do I put it in a nice way...not really programming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: