Ported to Vita by JeffRuLz345:
I love Vlambeer's Super Crate Box. Unfortunately, the game suffers from a lack of polish imo. I've decided to take matters into my own hands and create my ideal version of the game for the Vita.
- Runs at 60fps instead of 50.
- Displays in 16:9 widescreen.
- Restored the unused challenge mode.
- Restored the unused Napalm Launcher weapon.
- Added the Vlambeer character from the ios version. (I only had one screenshot and a silhouette to work with. I did my best.)
- Added a transition effect between menus and levels.
- Moved the tutorial from the main menu to the level select screen, and made it optional.
- Modified the main menu. It looks more like the ios version now.
- Menus can be controlled with the touch screen.
- Removed the name input screen. It was only used to upload your scores online. It's pointless now.
- Added volume controls to the options menu.
- Added an option to leave the level after dying.
- You can leave the level by pressing select on the pause screen.
- The flying enemies navigate through the stages better. You might actually see an angry one now.
- Enemies burst into bits when caught in the center of an explosion. (unused beta feature)
- The crate bounces and spins when it spawns.
- Replaced the default GM save system with a custom one.
- Fixed a memory leak. When an enemy is cut in half it creates one new surface and two new sprites, but never deletes any of them.
- Various other minor things.
- 11 more unlockable characters from the ios version
- The game over screen gives you hints on how to unlock the new characters
- Added golden enemies (let an enemy reach the fire multiple times) and golden crates (very rare)
- You can now shoot with the L and R buttons
- Minor bug fixes
Download Update VPK: