Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PC gaming is among us, spreading... There is no known cure for it, but fear not, my specialized team of scientists has developed a method of distinguishing between humans and the infected.

It has been scientifically proven that PC gamers violently react to any and all kinds of burn, as such, I suggest the red-hot wire test. We should all participate willingly in order to single out and destroy the disease before it gets out of control.

I attach a video of the formentioned procedure:

Be sure to apply the burn firmly and do not hesitate to flame further upon detection. God bless you all.

Reactions: Gahars and Ryukouki

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are all being too harsh.

Via a conversation I had with nobody I have come up with a suitable plan. The OP, perhaps falsely, fancies himself one for debate, logic and reason. This is a quality we admire on GBAtemp even if a good portion of the userbase fails to live up to such an ideal more often than might be nice.

The challenge laid down is come the morning a rough equivalent to the moderator trials, albeit in somewhat diminished fashion (they are broad where this is singular). For those unfamiliar with the concept it is a series of trials that new staff get to face to join to demonstrate their resolve, capabilities and 'temperance level, or, to use the parlance of the kids, "use gots to prove you can hangsz with the big dicks". Either by serendipity or because we feel like making it easier the main focus of this trial will be the merits of PC gaming and why it may be used to dismiss other forms of game playing in 2013. As part of this you will have to demonstrate you know how games work, how games are made, how finances work, how computers work, how things fail and demonstrate a broad knowledge of the subject matter as well as the subject posed in the previous sentence, all of this naturally has to be presented in a cohesive manner. The original research requirement has been relaxed but such a thing will be looked upon favourably.

Should the OP meet with success in the trials my opinion will be considered to be thrown in for consideration in the matter of maybe relaxing the banishment. However the counterpoint of moderator trials is failure usually results in the existence of the person in question not being acknowledged again.

On time limits.... if one has to ask.

Reactions: Ryukouki

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So how can you say that one of the new accounts, not including these obviously-kirito accounts, created in the past couple days isn't me?

Wow, you're not really getting it, are you?

It really doesn't matter if you come back or not - we don't care. If you stir sh*t up under a new name, you'll get banned anyways. If you're detected due to your specific writing patterns which you subconsciously follow or due to any other kind of a slip, you'll get banned. What we want is an enjoyable Forum experience and you'll get banned each and every time you spoil it, it's that simple. You're not being banned because someone wants to punish you - nobody cares about you as an individual. You're getting banned for the sake of other users who just want to have a fun time talking about given things without you derailing the thread with no rhyme or reason.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under this account. But what about under another account? I didn't do any PC master baiting when I first created my old account as well, so I'm capable of acting inconspicuously if I so desire.

Fixed that for you. You're kirito-kun, you just don't want to admit it and everyone here knows it. Either try your damnedest and have a desire to want to truly change or cease making fake accounts.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So how can you say that one of the new accounts, not including these obviously-kirito accounts, created in the past couple days isn't me?

Why are you trying so hard to stay on this forum? It's kind of marvelous that you have this mindset "NO! I WILL ABSOLUTELY DIE BEFORE I NEVER LOG INTO THIS SITE AGAIN!"

Doesn't matter anyways, I'm pretty sure this account will get banned when P1ng comes back anyways.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, while part of me is absolutely disgusted with his overall attitude towards console gaming and whatnot, the other part of me is actually fairly intrigued. I am only intrigued as to why this forum holds so much for him. Do not take this the wrong way, I am not complimenting him here. Let's say Kirito-kun really did want to enter back into the fold. I would personally like to watch it unfold a little bit more. It'd take a damning good amount of proof to show that he can change, and change for the better, definitely. And hah, this really does sound like what FAST said: a trial to determine whether or not he is welcome to rejoin the site. If he can truly change, I'd say hey, give it a shot. Personally, I believe in second chances, and even though by now you've burned through about fifty, that nagging doubt as to why he keeps on rolling back does bring a little bit of merit, in my books.

EDIT: after that pathetic image spree, I couldn't give a shit if you came back.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In case you guys don't know what's going on right now, this is the "Time-out" syndrome in full swing. There is a well-known, widely-used method of disciplining young children called "Time-out", it involves placing them in a select spot, asking them to stay there for a pre-determined amount of time and leaving them alone to their own devices as punishment.

Naturally, children are immature and often do not take kindly to punishment - they get off of the, say, chair they were supposed to sit on for whole 4 minutes and contest the decision. The parent is supposed to put the child back on the chair without getting into unnecessary discussions, regardless of how many times the child gets off it.

At first, there's the defiance stage - the child gets off the chair because it's "funny", it's rule-breaking so it's amusing. After it comes a much longer anger stage in which the child realizes that the parent is being firm - this is when the child attempts to establish negotiations with the parent for whatever reason, even if just to say that the punishment is unfair or that it's unwilling to succumb to it. Finally, the child gets tired or even uses some very basic logic to realize that it is being re-sat on the chair and each and every time the "timer" restarts. The harsh reality hits it - if it sat on the chair from the start, it would've been free by now. This is the stage where the child gradually cools off and accepts the punishment, and after the allotted time passes, the child knows perfectly well why it was sat on the chair. Not only that, it had time to reevaluate its priorities as well as draw conclusions - it now knows what happens when a transgression is made and will avoid making them in the future.

As you can see, Kirito is now in the negotiation stage. He's being re-sat on his Ban Chair by the staff and gets off every now and then to tell us that he can get off the chair at any given time and roam around... we already know that, nobody's chaining him to the chair.

It will take some time before the third stage kicks in, so as a responsible Forum user, I will refrain from further amusing Kirito with new posts that he could reply to, and I advice you to do the same.

Yours sincerely,

The Most Interesting Man

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
tumblr_mc1ukrFBiB1r9h87vo1_500.gif

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you guys don't know what's going on right now, this is the "Time-out" syndrome in full swing. There is a well-known, widely-used method of disciplining young children called "Time-out", it involves placing them in a select spot, asking them to stay there for a pre-determined amount of time and leaving them alone to their own devices as punishment.

Naturally, children are immature and often do not take kindly to punishment - they get off of the, say, chair they were supposed to sit on for whole 4 minutes and contest the decision. The parent is supposed to put the child back on the chair without getting into unnecessary discussions, regardless of how many times the child gets off it.

At first, there's the defiance stage - the child gets off the chair because it's "funny", it's rule-breaking so it's amusing. After it comes a much longer anger stage when the child realizes that the parent is being firm - this is when the child attempts to establish negotiations with the parent for whatever reason, even if just to say that the punishment is unfair or that it's unwilling to succumb to it. After a while though, the child gets tired or even uses some very basic logic to realize that it is being re-sat on the chair and each and every time the "timer" restarts. The harsh reality hits it - if it sat on the chair from the start, it would've been free by now. This is the stage where the child gradually cools off and accepts the punishment, and after the allotted time passes, the child knows perfectly well why it was sat on the chair. Not only that, it had time to reevaluate its priorities as well as draw conclusions - it now knows what happens when a transgression is made and will avoid making them in the future.

As you can see, Kirito is now in the negotiation stage. He's being re-sat on his Ban Chair by the staff and gets off every now and then to tell us that he can get off the chair at any given time and roam around... we already know that, nobody's chaining him to the chair.

It will take some time before the third stage kicks in, so as a responsible Forum user, I will refrain from further amusing Kirito with new posts that he could reply to, and I advice you to do the same.

Yours sincerely,

The Most Interesting Man

Hey, look! That's my life story right there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F