Srly People?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Okay. So I know he was crazy for PC gaming, mind giving some highlighting posts about what he said? I was so busy for life.

CfxRJJv.gif

_kbnft

Lab Member
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to have to agree with Sop on this one. I can't play with less than 300 fps and less than 120hz on an fps, i can feel and see the difference. :S

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. So I know he was crazy for PC gaming, mind giving some highlighting posts about what he said? I was so busy for life.

He was constantly spamming/preaching how PC gaming was the best thing ever and anyone who didn't have a PC was scum of the earth compared to his sanctimonious lifestyle. In essence, he would also derail topics with PC-related propaganda and he was warned on several occasions to stop said "preaching" or something like that. I could be wrong about that though....

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was constantly spamming/preaching how PC gaming was the best thing ever and anyone who didn't have a PC was scum of the earth compared to his sanctimonious lifestyle. In essence, he would also derail topics with PC-related propaganda and he was warned on several occasions to stop said "preaching" or something like that. I could be wrong about that though....

The derailment would be worth a ban if it was done enough, but I never saw him derail any topics where PC gaming wasn't related. I did see him replying to someone who might have instigated the behavior. If that's the case, why weren't both parties punished? If anything, his preaching merely made me dislike him, and in my opinion wasn't worth a ban.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The derailment would be worth a ban if it was done enough, but I never saw him derail any topics where PC gaming wasn't related. I did see him replying to someone who might have instigated the behavior. If that's the case, why weren't both parties punished? If anything, his preaching merely made me dislike him, and in my opinion wasn't worth a ban.

Well, to be honest I don't know all the reasons why but p1ngpong explained it more in detail on the first page of the thread.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, to be honest I don't know all the reasons why but p1ngpong explained it more in detail on the first page of the thread.

I understand the reasoning, but I feel like it wasn't a good use of moderator powers. Why ban? Is that just how it works now? Where are the warns? I can see he issued a verbal warning (typed of course), but I thought we had a warn system in place to deter further disruptive behavior.

EDIT: If there were indeed warnings issued, then forgive my ignorance. Otherwise it just looks like there's some abuse going on.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I understand the reasoning, but I feel like it wasn't a good use of moderator powers. Why ban? Is that just how it works now? Where are the warns? I can see he issued a verbal warning (typed of course), but I thought we had a warn system in place to deter further disruptive behavior.

EDIT: If there were indeed warnings issued, then forgive my ignorance. Otherwise it just looks like there's some abuse going on.

Sorry I will not forgive your ignorance. Go white knight and backseat mod some place else Sterling.

Reactions: ShadowSoldier

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I will not forgive your ignorance. Go white knight and backseat mod some place else Sterling.

No, I love GBAtemp too much to quit now. :P Besides, this high horse is quite comfortable, and I feel relatively safe inside this shining armor of moreawesomethanyou.jpg armor.

masterrace01

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol ur gay

Wow, so mature. Such an intelligent insult. How'd you become a mod again?

You still haven't given a solid reason for the ban. It's not against the site rules to advocate a form of gaming and I've never spammed about pc gaming unless it was somehow related to the primary topic at hand, even if indirectly. You're also a PC gamer? Doubtful, or else you won't be so angry at someone advocating PC gaming.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You still haven't given a solid reason for the ban. It's not against the site rules to advocate a form of gaming and I've never spammed about pc gaming unless it was somehow related to the primary topic at hand, even if indirectly. You're also a PC gamer? Doubtful, or else you won't be so angry at someone advocating PC gaming.

I was starting to wonder when you'd show up. You had us worried.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Dude I already told you, you got banned because you are a complete dick and we all hate your guts. Seriously look at the reaction I got from nuking you, its mass celebration.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

You're not "advocating" it so much as you are putting down everybody who has a different opinion. Things that you treat as "qualities" are completely irrelevant to a large portion of the GBATemp crowd - some people just feel comfortable in 1080p and don't get overly excited for 60FPS and beyond, some just like to play video games for whatever other reasons.

Your "advocating PC gaming" works a lot like advocating oral sex by means of shoving your wee-wee into the mouths of those who don't fancy it to the point of deep-throating - you "advocate PC gaming" 24/7 regardless of whether or not it has anything to do with the thread at hand.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"PC Master Race!" types are a lot like super militant atheists/fundamentalist Christians.

People on the other side hate you for acting like an asshole, and people on your side hate you for making them look like assholes. You're accomplishing nothing, at best, and setting your cause back at worst.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

A thread that is about WiiU - "Why buy a WiiU when you can have a PC"
A thread about PS3/PS4 - "Why get that when you can have a PC that offers 60fps and better resolution with an Titan card"
A thread about the Xbox One - "Why spend the money on this when you can use that money to get a superior PC gaming rig"

Every thread you went into that didn't have anything to do with PC gaming, you derailed it. You were verbally warned a bunch of times, and you kept trying to justify it and kept doing it. That's trolling and spamming, which are against the rules, unless it's in the EoF.

Reactions: the_randomizer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro