1. 5,199

Front-page

Is one remake of Final Fantasy VII not enough for you? Square Enix seems to think so, with the announcement of Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis. The company revealed two different Final Fantasy mobile games, one of which is a prequel to FFVII, while the other is an all-encompassing remake of all FFVII related stories. Final Fantasy: The First Soldier is a battle royale with a story that takes place 30 years before the start of VII. It's a third-person shooter where you must defeat all other opponents in order to become the first SOLDIER. Releasing for iOS and Android, it'll be available worldwide sometime in 2021.

More traditional fans may be interested in Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis, which takes everything Final Fantasy VII related--Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Crisis Core, and more--and compiles it in a chapter-based RPG that retells it all from start to finish. Less information was given about this game, but it'll be on mobile platforms in 2022, with a trailer showcasing the graphics and a brief look at the presumably turn-based battle system.

2. Discussion (35 replies)

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    >another battle royal on mobile

F it!

>More traditional FF7 remake

Well... that might be alright, but also release it on switch

4. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    The fanboy in me is screaming. I don't even care if they're milking the franchise until it's dry or if the game will be good or bad. Also, the soundtrack always gets me. I was hoping one-winged angel and Sephiroth would be in the trailer. I guess it'll be later in the marketing then. haha.

Scott_pilgrim, Orangy57 and Rahkeesh like this.
  5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    stopped reading at MOBILE

6. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    Man, not only have they only just released only part one of FF7 Remake basically at the end of this gen, but they got FF16, these games, the Mana and Saga Frontier remakes in the oven...Not to mention all of the Kingdom Hearts stuff.

I mean, is the actual Remake itself ever gonna be finished at this rate? We're gonna get a remaster of 7 Remake with 4K support, and then we won't get Part 2 until the end of this gen at the rate things are going, and that's not factoring in that while COVID did ravage things economically last year, at the very least, what did get released was already spending time in the oven. Now, though, given what Phil Spencer has said about 2021 will feel like as far as a drought of new games, and how things are progressing the world, I really have to wonder what the future is for a remake on this scale.

The battle royale stuff can miss me. How are these companies making any money off of these projects, for starters? They have to invest some into development, planning, everything in between, and even if Fortnite isn't as popular as it used to be, I can't see today's generation ditching it to play a game set in a universe that, in their eyes, might be viewed as being from the "boomer era" to use their terminology.

And as for the FF7 spin-off games...I don't know why they can't just re-release those games? Not that I've heard much good about Dirge of Cerberus, but Crisis Core was one of the higher rated games for the PSP back in the system's heyday iirc.

Either way, I know Square Enix is a big company with lots of arms in multiple development studios, but I can't be the only one who thinks that maybe they might be stretching themselves out too far with all of these projects, especially if a good chunk of these are being developed internally by Square Enix itself.

7. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I never liked to playing the games like Rockman X Diva on mobile. The touchscreen is uncomfortable and annoying. I never imderstamd why they made mobile games and I dont underswtand how many games are free on mobile ? A hide that made them more profits for people to use it for free ? :sleep:

Last edited by spotanjo3, Mar 1, 2021
  8. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    Sephiroth victory royale in nibelheim

9. Draexelion

Draexelion GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    2022? I mean cmon. Just don't tell us anything until a month or two before release. It's easier that way honestly.

10. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    Honestly that battle royale thing doesn't even look like the worst BR concept from the trailer. Mobile though... Shooters on mobile never work well, but unfortunately they get more players that way.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  11. ds34

ds34 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    CC was my very first FF and got me into the franchise.
    We'll see how Ever Crisis will turn out. Hopefully it isn't P2W....

12. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Final fantasy VII ever crisis looks like my cup of tea. I prefer turn based battle system rather than the one in FF VII remake. Im hoping that they gonna release this game for switch.

Scott_pilgrim and ds34 like this.
  13. Andy2001

Andy2001 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Fuck mobile! (ps. i know, thats where the mony is microtrans. and such)

DarkCoffe64 and azure0612 like this.
  14. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Found the FF7 Remake for Switch -_-

15. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Battle royal *snores* but the other one...hmmm

16. haxan

haxan GBAtemp Fan

After the death of Mobius FF, I welcome this with open arms

17. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Nocturnal

Poland
    Strong Final Fantasy XV vibes here... "let's develop like 6 things around this one hot property and then not spend time on perfecting the main product."

18. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    They really need to stop fucking around with other shit and finish the FF7 Remake for PS4.

19. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Mobile stuff is increasingly selling to a different audience, I.E. Japan at large, who care less and less to be tethered to a TV for their gaming. If they just focus on Playstation stuff its the same as abandoning Japanese FF fans (as Sony is making increasingly clear that they are abandoning Japan on PS5.)

Odds are this is like 15 Pocket edition and they will bundle all the episodes for a single price on consoles including Switch. That's years out though when the episodes are finished.

20. tfocosta

tfocosta GBAtemp Z-Warrior

Canada
    FFVII has even a release for mobile platforms... What about the remake for the Switch? SE, why are you doing this? :mellow:

21. player594

player594 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For me personally Ever Crisis it the remake FF VII should be. Same style just with updated look. I don't care for the action battle system of Remake. This takes me back to the original. Just how I personally feel.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Scott_pilgrim, DS1 and noctis90210 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - unveils, Fantasy, Square