Square Enix accidentally releases update for Final Fantasy IX that deletes the game entirely

header (5).jpg

It looks like someone over at Square Enix accidentally pushed out an update for the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX. What does this update do? Well, it deletes the game entirely, for anyone that was unfortunate enough to download the latest patch. SteamDB shows that an update for the game went out early on April 2nd that does nothing more than remove every asset and file from the game, rendering it unplayable. Presumably, a fix will be out imminently to undo this, and when that happens, you can expect an update within this news post.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
XIII is 13.
13 is the piece of shit.
I haven't actually played much of the "classic" FFs yet, but I'll get around to it.
Put a bunch of emulators on my hacked N3DS, so I should be able to play 1-6. (I can't get PS1 games to play well to save my life, even though people say there's a way to get them to run well on a N3DS.)
I don't disagree that 13 was awful. I am not sure why you quoted me for that one though.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I really wonder how you can mess up this bad, lol
Also one of my favourites FF, but I'm not even concerned considering I own the game on both my PS1 as original release, and on my PSP from the PSN release.
Great game, and an inconvenient update on Steam, hahaha

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF9 is among the best in the series, it's not so hard to admit.

It was a bit of an underhanded joke, considering how many people shit on the game. I've personally never played it, but I've read mostly positive things about it. One of my friends gave me his copy some years ago, but it's missing the first disc. I keep telling myself to find disc 1 on eBay so I can play it, especially since it's rather inexpensive. But I keep pushing it back on my list of priorities.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, myself, haven't played a Final Fantasy game. Yet. I shall keep this information in handy for when I choose a Final Fantasy game to play someday.
Discounting crossovers. I'd say that the best Final Fantasy game is Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call.

No, I'm not joking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...