Square Enix accidentally releases update for Final Fantasy IX that deletes the game entirely

header (5).jpg

It looks like someone over at Square Enix accidentally pushed out an update for the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX. What does this update do? Well, it deletes the game entirely, for anyone that was unfortunate enough to download the latest patch. SteamDB shows that an update for the game went out early on April 2nd that does nothing more than remove every asset and file from the game, rendering it unplayable. Presumably, a fix will be out imminently to undo this, and when that happens, you can expect an update within this news post.

:arrow: Source

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Square took the bullet so you didn't have to by playing the worst Final Fantasy.
The worst Final Fantasy seriously?? Have you played the god awfulness of 13 and 15?? Or for that matter Final Fantasy Mystic Quest on the SNES :rofl2:

James_

aka Underscore_, or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The worst Final Fantasy seriously?? Have you played the god awfulness of 13 and 15?? Or for that matter Final Fantasy Mystic Quest on the SNES :rofl2:
I, myself, haven't played a Final Fantasy game. Yet. I shall keep this information in handy for when I choose a Final Fantasy game to play someday.

Last edited by James_,
Reactions: Pikm and AmandaRose

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, myself, haven't played a Final Fantasy game. Yet. I shall keep this information in handy for when I choose a Final Fantasy game to play someday.
Play VI, it is so good

James_

aka Underscore_, or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Finished the whole XIII trilogy and XV. Played about 10 hours into IX. Enjoyed the others way more. Dunno guess I'm weird or something :creep:

Reactions: Xen0

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Pluupy and James_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.