Spirit Tracks Lokomo Song Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hardcorey, Dec 7, 2009.

Dec 7, 2009
  1. Hardcorey
    OP

Newcomer Hardcorey Newbie

United States
    Ok, so I've been stuck on Carben's song (Ocean Realm) for the past half an hour. Either I can't get the timing to save my life or something's bugged, either way, I was gonna ask if some saint would help me out with the song if at all possible. I would really appreciate it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zomyxwzonjl

edit: So I've been trying, and Carben played a part at the end I had never heard before and it cut to black and he was chastising me. I'm beginning to think the game just hates me; since when was Zelda a rhythm game?

edit 2: OH MAN, I DID IT.

2. mikeychunn

Newcomer mikeychunn Advanced Member

United States
    Haha, I remember that. It doesn't have to be perfect...but your timing is probably off. I hit a couple of wrong notes but I still passed

3. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    You could try blowing the notes, letting go of the instrument, then picking it back up at the right spot just in case. I had trouble with my mic yesterday when doing the Lokomo song of the Fire Realm (it wouldn't hold notes or it'd keep repeating a note a few times, even if I blew constantly), but it seems to only matter if you get the timing and note right, and not the length, so I still passed it.

4. ragingchaosgod

Member ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Philippines
    Try playing the notes on one breath. No puffing.

5. Nugg2396

Member Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Sorry to bump such an old topic..
    Not to be rude or anything but why do most people have problems with the songs? I can do it on my first try

6. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    They blow too hard, they blow too close to the screen, they puff instead of just blowing continuously, etc.

7. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    I had trouble with this too at first, after a while I found puffing to be the easiest way to get though(first try when I started doing it).

8. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I've completed all of them within the first two tries. I'm finding it ridiculous how so many people are having problems with it.

9. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    There are certain tips for doing the songs.
    The fire one is the hardest since there are two "jumps," i.e. you can't just blow continuously through the whole song. I failed over 20 times, until I decided to look for help on GameFAQs.
    Then I found out the trick, you have to play each note one at a time, taking breaths in between each one (before, I was trying to slur it). I made so many mistakes but I still passed it using that strategy.
    The sand song is easier since there's only one jump so I finished it in only two tries.