Spider-Man 2018 release date announced

After teasing fans with some gameplay footage earlier today, developer Insomniac Games has confirmed the launch date for Spider-Man PS4, which will be on September 7, 2018. The game will be a PS4-exclusive and has been stated that it will not ever release on other platforms. The launch date was revealed in the latest issue of Game Informer, which ran a cover story on the title. Spider-Man was originally teased two years ago, at Sony's 2016 E3 conference, where it became a highly anticipated exclusive title for PlayStation 4 gamers.

The PlayStation Blog also gives us a look at the box art, and limited editions for the game. The game itself will retail for the regular price of $59.99, while a Digital Deluxe edition will cost $79.99, and will include the newly announced post-launch DLC story content, containing three new chapters. There will also be a physical pin which can be redeemed in the mail, as well as some costumes. A Collector's Edition was also revealed, which comes with a special statue, an artbook, a steelbook case, a collector's box, and the same digital content as before.

39409295180_09dbb01415_b.jpg

26346382397_2817be389a_b.jpg 26346380947_19ef12e378_b.jpg
:arrow: Source

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
But the real question is: will it stay PS4-exclusive?
P.S: I regret asking that without reading the whole post..

Last edited by RedoLane,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But the real question is: will it stay PS4-exclusive?
P.S: I regret asking that without reading the whole post..
considering sony studios made a deal with disney who own marvel to get splitted spider man rights, im guessing they got the rights to do spider man games for whatever time they want in return to let disney use spider man on their movies.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm really surprised that Marvel allows a game that seems to be a "mainline" Spiderman game (not somesort of minigame collection or mobil trash, even with just the title "Spiderman" without anything added to it) to stay exclusive on a single platform. Maybe time exclusive, but completly exclusive?
I thought in these days of time exclusives large franchises such as DC-Marvel-WB-Disney-Pixar-StarWars-stuff gets released on as many platforms as possible. I'm not a Superhero fan, but seeing how many of these Superhero movies get made it's hard to believe Marvel hasn't the money for running there own advertising. So, why should they accept such crazy contracts forcing all-time-exclusive?
Dosn't really looks like they're confident in the product to be honest...
Anyway, I hope fans get a good entry into the whole Spiderman-videogame-series :)

Reactions: Deleted User

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm really surprised that Marvel allows a game that seems to be a "mainline" Spiderman game (not somesort of minigame collection or mobil trash, even with just the title "Spiderman" without anything added to it) to stay exclusive on a single platform. Maybe time exclusive, but completly exclusive?
I thought in these days of time exclusives large franchises such as DC-Marvel-WB-Disney-Pixar-StarWars-stuff gets released on as many platforms as possible. I'm not a Superhero fan, but seeing how many of these Superhero movies get made it's hard to believe Marvel hasn't the money for running there own advertising. So, why should they accept such crazy contracts forcing all-time-exclusive?
Dosn't really looks like they're confident in the product to be honest...
Anyway, I hope fans get a good entry into the whole Spiderman-videogame-series :)
you forget sonny had full rights to spider man, disney wanted to make spider man movies and appearences and coudnt, sony made a deal with them, they get game rights and can still make spider man movies, in return disney can also make spider man movies and make spider man appear on other disney films without paying.

Reactions: VitaType
D

Deleted User

Well, guess I can’t play it. Only have a PC (and a crappy one at that - couldn’t run Batman Arkham Knight), a Nintendo Switch, and an Xbox 360.

Last edited by ,

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay, I was a bit too critical, it does look like batman arkham / infamous, but it has stealth element, definitely going to buy this. it looks good. but I am quite concerned, it looks has too many cinematics? I feel like this is an interactive movie instead of a video game.

Last edited by eriol33,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Get glasses.
Well it certain looks like they use the free-flow-combat-system popularized by the Batman games and even that stealthy sitting above the enemies is shown in the gameplay video. You can't blame people to see that the gameplay design obviously is based on that of the recent Batman games.
If you're not into exactly that kind of games, I think it really looks like Batman just abit more colourful.
The new Batman games aren't bad games by any means, yet I clearly see what @eriol33 meant.
The Batman games where praised for letting you feel like the Dark Knight and the main thing the free-flow-combat-system added to that was letting you feel powerful/superhero-esque.
The shown quick-time event obviously is supposed to make it feel like "playing a movie"... I really don't believe that ever worked out since a game is more then pressing exactly the button you get shown in a specific time frame plus a cinematic tracking shot.
The sound design seems really well made. It's just that over-the-top design you know from the action Hollywood movies, but interactive.
I don't expect the game to tell any life changing story, yet if they manage to put out a story that engages fans of Spiderman I think it may could be the best action game in 2018 for many people.
We should be happy that non-videogame franchises get well made videogame adaptions, I think that will be good for the videogame industry as a whole.
Yet it looks heavly inspired by the Batman games, that dosn't means you're not allowed to enjoy the game. I just don't expect any groundbreaking new mechanic in that game.
I prefer if they go with solid repacking and high production value instead of choosing the cheapest way possible to get out a game with the franchise name on it resulting in a terrible game.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well it certain looks like they use the free-flow-combat-system popularized by the Batman games and even that stealthy sitting above the enemies is shown in the gameplay video. You can't blame people to see that the gameplay design obviously is based on that of the recent Batman games.
If you're not into exactly that kind of games, I think it really looks like Batman just abit more colourful.
The new Batman games aren't bad games by any means, yet I clearly see what @eriol33 meant.
The Batman games where praised for letting you feel like the Dark Knight and the main thing the free-flow-combat-system added to that was letting you feel powerful/superhero-esque.
The shown quick-time event obviously is supposed to make it feel like "playing a movie"... I really don't believe that ever worked out since a game is more then pressing exactly the button you get shown in a specific time frame plus a cinematic tracking shot.
The sound design seems really well made. It's just that over-the-top design you know from the action Hollywood movies, but interactive.
I don't expect the game to tell any life changing story, yet if they manage to put out a story that engages fans of Spiderman I think it may could be the best action game in 2018 for many people.
We should be happy that non-videogame franchises get well made videogame adaptions, I think that will be good for the videogame industry as a whole.
Yet it looks heavly inspired by the Batman games, that dosn't means you're not allowed to enjoy the game. I just don't expect any groundbreaking new mechanic in that game.
I prefer if they go with solid repacking and high production value instead of choosing the cheapest way possible to get out a game with the franchise name on it resulting in a terrible game.
i look at the game and i dont see any batman stuff, every spider man game is like that, there is always smooth combat ever since, web shadows released one year before batman and it has basicaly the same combat.

Also shatered dimensions noir spider man has alot of those moves and such they just ripped off shatered dimensions stealth movemente and attacks lol, same way both amazing spider man game had them too.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, they already said that it wont come to XBOX at all. Own by Sony.
this is part of their deal with disney so from now on, every spider man and maybe spider man universe game(lets say venom game) will stay sony exclusive, sadly, since up until now spider man games were on all platforms.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is part of their deal with disney so from now on, every spider man and maybe spider man universe game(lets say venom game) will stay sony exclusive, sadly, since up until now spider man games were on all platforms.

I know and I dont liked Spider Man games in the past. This one caught my eyes and I am going to get it. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo