Marvel's Spider-Man 2 trailer shows first gameplay and introduces Symbiote Suit

Today's PlayStation Showcase ended with a spotlight on Marvel's Spider-Man 2, Insomniac's sequel to their 2018 superhero smash hit. Before the gameplay demonstration, there was a cinematic trailer that gives us our first look at Kraven the Hunter, after he was teased at the end of the reveal trailer in 2021. He appears alongside Kraven's Hunters, a new enemy faction, as they head to New York in search of new prey. We can also see (as confirmed by the PlayStation Blog) that the map has been expanded with several new boroughs, including Queens.

The gameplay trailer begins by showing Peter Parker in the iconic Symbiote Suit and shows off some new abilities revolving around the use of the Symbiote's tendrils. His combat style appears to be more aggressive than in the previous game, which is balanced out by Miles Morales playing in a more traditional Spider-Man style focused on webbing and gadgets. Players can switch between the two heroes "across a variety of story moments," according to the PlayStation Blog, likely meaning which Spider-Man you play as will be scripted for the most part. Insomniac has also confirmed on Twitter that it is a single-player only game and there will be no co-op elements.

The final notable addition are the Web Wings, which can be used by either Spider-Man to fly throughout New York using "wind tunnels."

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 does not have a firm release date yet, but is still on pace to launch this Fall for PlayStation 5.

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I swear this game is probably the only thing that makes me consider getting a PS5, that's about it though. Not many other PlayStation exclusives have ever really grabbed my interest :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.