ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

D

Deleted User

hello, sorry if this is asked before but what are the codes to change if i want a town map with two train tunnels and mountain walls on both sides of the map?
i tried using the map editor but i cannot change the red bridge to a train tunnel and i have invisible walls in the same side as the red bridge. ty (:
Doing so is very risk, as you need to have 2 waterfalls, and 2 slopes. You can use a hex editor (I recommend HxD). As I said, it is risky, and has a 95% chance of permanently bricking your cartridge.
You can fix with backups, and or a powersaves. (Still need a backup).

deejayb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing so is very risk, as you need to have 2 waterfalls, and 2 slopes. You can use a hex editor (I recommend HxD). As I said, it is risky, and has a 95% chance of permanently bricking your cartridge.
You can fix with backups, and or a powersaves. (Still need a backup).

i plan to have 2 slopes and 2 water falls, i am just asking how to do this. cause i really dont know what values to change, can you link me to the page or and guide on how to do this?

Last edited by deejayb,
D

Deleted User

i plan to have 2 slopes and 2 water falls, i am just asking how to do this. cause i really dont know what values to change, can you link me to the page or and guide on how to do this?
I haven't done RAM hacking on this game since like, last year. I forgot almost everything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sorry.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, sorry if this is asked before but what are the codes to change if i want a town map with two train tunnels and mountain walls on both sides of the map?
i tried using the map editor but i cannot change the red bridge to a train tunnel and i have invisible walls in the same side as the red bridge. ty (:

You'll have to do it manually with a hex editor, and I believe it crashes the game. The offsets are available on previous pages.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok thank you c:
if it crashes my game i wont do it xc

There's nothing to worry about if you make a backup first. There's a way to prevent the crashing, but involves editing more than the ROM files unless you can edit the memory to trick the game into thinking it's a different acre, which will result in some crazy graphical glitches

mister-walter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that's actually really helpful. I've been looking for this for a while. :yay3ds: I suppose 00 00 would be Nookling Junction and so on, then?
Heads up, this doesn't upgrade Lief's shop. The main side effect of this is that Lief's area in Nook's Emporium will not be stocked with the items that his upgraded shop carries (i.e. fertilizer). I'm currently trying to find the offsets for Lief's shop, I'll report back if/when I find anything.

EDIT:

Actually, if anyone with a legit Emporium upgrade is willing, a ramdump from your town would be awesome. Even better if you have ramdumps from before/after the upgrade.

Last edited by mister-walter,

NicKFree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Is it possible to edit turnip price in an acnl ram dump? Do anyone knows what bytes I need to edit?

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to edit turnip price in an acnl ram dump? Do anyone knows what bytes I need to edit?

offset 6535C to 653b8
this will change your turnip price to 990
E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41
Basically you're pasting E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 12 times

Last edited by uriri,

NicKFree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
offset 6535C to 653b8
E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41 E3 B1 C9 2A 3D DE 09 41
Thanks, I'm gonna check it out right now. ;)

NicKFree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
offset 6535C to 653b8

If I ovewrite the bytes in the mentioned sector 6535C to 653B8 there's a difference of 3 bytes, it's that right?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I am trying to troll people on animal crossing new leaf by unloading a lot of items that cannot be sold or deleted. The only item I tried was rental tools from the island. The rental tools cannot be sold but it can be thrown out into the pwp trashcan. My question now, is there an item in acnl that is undeletable and unsellable? Or is there a way to create a indestructible troll item to drop into another person's town? or can you put pwp, buildings, or town tree in your pockets?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am trying to troll people on animal crossing new leaf by unloading a lot of items that cannot be sold or deleted. The only item I tried was rental tools from the island. The rental tools cannot be sold but it can be thrown out into the pwp trashcan. My question now, is there an item in acnl that is undeletable and unsellable? Or is there a way to create a indestructible troll item to drop into another person's town? or can you put pwp, buildings, or town tree in your pockets?

You are the exact reason why people won't answer that type of question. If you're not smart enough to figure it out yourself, we're not giving you the answer. For the record, the game has very few exploits which would lead you to your goal, and none of the things in this thread even come close to what needs to be done. If you want a proper answer, the most of a hint i'll give you is that you'll have to edit the game at runtime without crashing the server. Items and building instances are two completely different and protected features, differing from City Folk and Wild World.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta,

bokkobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i was wondering if it might be possible to toggle background music on and off while in-game? im getting ready to replace my sound files with blank ones so i can hear the background noises and thought it might be a nice feature. (i apologize, i dont know if this should be in the ram or rom editing thread)

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i was wondering if it might be possible to toggle background music on and off while in-game? im getting ready to replace my sound files with blank ones so i can hear the background noises and thought it might be a nice feature. (i apologize, i dont know if this should be in the ram or rom editing thread)

You can corrupt the sounds mid-game via ram, but as for actually toggling off the audio.. I'm not sure if there's a way yet. It might be exclusive to the rom, and not easily available ram. That said, if I find time, i'll try to look into it sometime.

Reactions: bokkobo

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
there's a diagram with all of the acre offsets buried somewhere deep in this thread

basically go into hxd, locate the acre values and change accordingly.

also all towns have 2 slopes?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've spent hours trying to figure out how to change the tpc image. I cant dump a dream town to compare cause I'm on 10.1. Could some one please change my tpc image. The picture I want is Kirby.

it's incredibly simple

make sure it's the same dimension as the current TCP image (icr the exact dimension so don't ask lol), process the image you want into a hex converter. locate the offsets where the tpc is stored (icr when it starts or ends either, so don't ask lol) and simply c+p

I've only done this once and it partially worked (I had a column and row of grey pixels on the image I injected) however other than this it should work

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not really, Spider related but RAM editing related. Ages back on my old 3DS before it broke I did some editing of my RAM and managed to change my TPC comment to include the black heart (♥) on my comment since it's not on the in-game keyboard.

Now I've gotten back into the game and cannot in the slightest remember what I did. Feel like I've tried almost everything here. Does anyone know how?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, Spider related but RAM editing related. Ages back on my old 3DS before it broke I did some editing of my RAM and managed to change my TPC comment to include the black heart (♥) on my comment since it's not on the in-game keyboard.

Now I've gotten back into the game and cannot in the slightest remember what I did. Feel like I've tried almost everything here. Does anyone know how?

You can inject a temporary symbol keyboard, or edit the actual message yourself. I'm guessing you probably did the former because there's a qr for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto