ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or are a bunch of the spreadsheet offsets wrong?

Town hall color and station color are tied to the ID so i don't see a point of leaving it on there without a note. Town name is also incorrect. too lazy to check the rest but if the list is this inconsistent then I guess i'm better off doing my own list

Reactions: D4rKT1mmy

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

In the comments, someone asked him if it was a RAM edit, and he said yes. So I'm assuming it's not a ROM edit.

Someone posted a QR code for that in this thread somewhere, for 9.5.0-22 and under. Could be 'ported' to browserhax though to work on later firmwares.

Joshua Vance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the offset?
Check around your tpc bytes, if you know what those are

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey I've got quick question... Does anyone know what you would change to make your player invisible?

Someone on YouTube posted a video of their player being completely invisible. Things like tools, hats, and accessories still showed up though.
To make your player invisible, you might need to use fc ram and create a qr code

Last edited by Joshua Vance,

blossom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent hours trying to figure out how to change the tpc image. I cant dump a dream town to compare cause I'm on 10.1. Could some one please change my tpc image. The picture I want is Kirby.

Attachments

• acnlram.rar
    56.3 KB · Views: 206
  • KirbyARwarpstar.jpg
    KirbyARwarpstar.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 349

Joshua Vance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1428343400-zlcfztn0cuyltveze6.jpg

Saw MasterLel did this to his tpc, in an explaination about changing the dream address in Hex. But what about the tpc message? Its longer than it should be, and I wanted varification on how to do it. I actually successfully did something like this, but everytime the message looks like this in my game with the overflow of extra characters, the game freezes after like 7secs after I do the inject. Anyone have ideas why it does that?

Adventurer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a 9.2 SysNAND and 10.4 EmuNAND. Is there a tool I can install through FBI that will let me edit AC:NL save files? It's the eShop version.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a 9.2 SysNAND and 10.4 EmuNAND. Is there a tool I can install through FBI that will let me edit AC:NL save files? It's the eShop version.

There is no editor like PCHex, if that's what you're asking. You can use SpiderHax to mess with the ram at runtime, as long as you're playing as the mayor, though it's limited what you can do. it's also outdated and unsafe.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, scratch that then, is the save editor here the thing to use? It's a bit old but it seems like LeafTools isn't an option anymore.

Yep, that's probably the most used editor at the moment, and the most stable. It lacks a few features, but there's a link to another editor in that thread that can do those things.

mister-walter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALSO, if you guys are interested in figuring out which Main Street Upgrades are which and helping me there, I found those offsets: 0x5C7F0 - 0x5C840 (may also include (0x5C7C0, D0, and E0) -- I just don't know which blocks go to which building yet, ran out of time (NEED SLEEP)

NOTES on changing Main Street Upgrades: Some upgrades will be built instantly when injecting the updated RAM, if the building existed before -- such as Nookling's upgrading to TT Emporium, this would be immediate. Shampoodle's is instant, because the building already exists technically. Kicks, however, will show as blue tarp and construction noises (under construction) until the next day, as it needs to be built in-game. For Club LOL, what's-his-face will show up at your door immediately after the RAM inject to ask you to build the club. You can downgrade buildings at will any time without ill effect, and even destroy the Dream Suite, etc, after it's been built.

Using this information as a base, I found that the information for upgrades for Nook's shop can be found in the 2 bytes at 0x5C860 in garden.dat. Changing these 2 bytes from 03 03 to 04 04 upgraded Nook's shop from the T.I.Y. to the T&T Emporium in my town.

Reactions: ToonRudy

uriri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know where the villager friendship status at? As well as unlocking the stores at the main street? Or even the QR machine

Loops

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using this information as a base, I found that the information for upgrades for Nook's shop can be found in the 2 bytes at 0x5C860 in garden.dat. Changing these 2 bytes from 03 03 to 04 04 upgraded Nook's shop from the T.I.Y. to the T&T Emporium in my town.

Wow, that's actually really helpful. I've been looking for this for a while. :yay3ds: I suppose 00 00 would be Nookling Junction and so on, then?

Does anybody know where the villager friendship status at? As well as unlocking the stores at the main street? Or even the QR machine

I only know that you can use the Ram / Garden.dat Online or Offline Editor for unlocking the stores that count as PWPs(Museum 2F, Dream Suite, Fortune Teller's Shop, etc.). ://

deejayb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, sorry if this is asked before but what are the codes to change if i want a town map with two train tunnels and mountain walls on both sides of the map?
i tried using the map editor but i cannot change the red bridge to a train tunnel and i have invisible walls in the same side as the red bridge. ty (:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...