ROM Hack [Spider] Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM Editing Thread

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you made a ram dump, then all you did was take a raw grab at the available memory. The game doesn't know how to inject ram, and nor do programs since ram is constantly changing (it is random access afterall). So you'd have to write a program that does it, or do it manually (which will take a helluva long time to do for a town 'copy').

Well, I am lost. Do you have an ideas how to rip a dream code town and replace my old town with it? I have gateway, ntr cia, new 3ds xl, and emunand 10.7

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I am lost. Do you have an ideas how to rip a dream code town and replace my old town with it? I have gateway, ntr cia, new 3ds xl, and emunand 10.7

You can either write a program to do something with the ram dump you have, or you can try and find one of the old QR codes lying around for it. I haven't done it myself though i've been through the process with someone before.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wasn't spider tools patched on 9.5? If you were that desperate to copy a town you could like back up your emunand, downgrade it to a compatible firmware, back that up and have like an emunand backup just for copying towns. I dunno, just an idea if you don't want to look into writing a program.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't spider tools patched on 9.5? If you were that desperate to copy a town you could like back up your emunand, downgrade it to a compatible firmware, back that up and have like an emunand backup just for copying towns. I dunno, just an idea if you don't want to look into writing a program.

I have a new 3ds xl though and I heard spiderhax doesn't work on it. Also, my sysnand is 9.2, would it be possible to run gateway mode on sysnand and then use spiderhax to dump the acnlram? This also depends if I can get hold of an old 3ds

Last edited by cooroxd,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Install the exploitable browser. Problem solved.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, i got hold of a friend's old 3ds xl. I install emunand 10.7 and downgraded the browser to 9.2 using a cia and devmenu. I manage to extract the acnlram.bin but for some reason, whenever I try injecting it back into the game; the browser/3ds freezes. So my question now, is there a way for me to convert acnlram.bin to garden.dat? if so, how do i do it?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i got hold of a friend's old 3ds xl. I install emunand 10.7 and downgraded the browser to 9.2 using a cia and devmenu. I manage to extract the acnlram.bin but for some reason, whenever I try injecting it back into the game; the browser/3ds freezes. So my question now, is there a way for me to convert acnlram.bin to garden.dat? if so, how do i do it?

Yes. Dump an animal crossing save, inject the acnlram using an editor, and inject the save.

How do you do that? With tubehax on I installed browser, it crashed instantly (it was eur, as it should) then the sys update nag showed up

I'm on latest emunand, used DevMenu to delete old browser and install the exploitable one. Then just use SpiderHax normally from there.

If the browser crashes, you're either not using the correct browser version or it might not be compatible on N3DS? I'm on O3DS 9.2Sys 10.7Emu and 9.2's browser.

Last edited by DesuIsSparta,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. Dump an animal crossing save, inject the acnlram using an editor, and inject the save.

I'm on latest emunand, used DevMenu to delete old browser and install the exploitable one. Then just use SpiderHax normally from there.

If the browser crashes, you're either not using the correct browser version or it might not be compatible on N3DS? I'm on O3DS 9.2Sys 10.7Emu and 9.2's browser.

Yes, I dumped my animal crossing save file from my .3ds rom using savedatafiler. After that, I dragged the folder 00000863 to the NLSE window. It reads it and I opened my garden.dat from it. From there I imported the acnlram.bin and when I tried to save it gives me this pop up:
https://gyazo.com/d6805c4666a63d8cab47d2d15ae12d89

the size acnlram.bin of the rip dreamtown is 512kb

Last edited by cooroxd,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news everything works, the problem was when I was using FTP server app to transfer my files, the garden.dat got corrupted and didn't transfer all they way.

Reactions: DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, any ideas how to change your birthday on your tpc? Also, is it possible to put PWPs on the island?

You can edit it manually, offsets are available in this thread.
And yes, you can place PWPs on the island, but again you'll have to do it manually because there are no available editors to do so.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can edit it manually, offsets are available in this thread.
And yes, you can place PWPs on the island, but again you'll have to do it manually because there are no available editors to do so.

thanks for the response, I also tried to using the updated animal crossing editor on the browser (1.1), I can't seem to find the option to change/edit the tpc. Any ideas?

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the response, I also tried to using the updated animal crossing editor on the browser (1.1), I can't seem to find the option to change/edit the tpc. Any ideas?

That's because there are no available editors to do so. Has to be done manually for now. The editor i'm working on has it included but it won't be done for another week or two.

Reactions: cooroxd

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's because there are no available editors to do so. Has to be done manually for now. The editor i'm working on has it included but it won't be done for another week or two.

My custom image for TPC is not working for some reason when I try manually doing it myself. I use ms paint to shrink the image to 64x104px and then I use fast stone photo resizer to decrease the quality which in turn decreases the size to 3kb. After that I inject it into acnlram and test it out on the website editor, it gives me invalid photo error. Any ideas or tips on re-sizing the image so it's guarantee to work? Any additional imaging software i should use?

https://gyazo.com/300f995ba1ea11a7057e7f6d6b9ab6cb

https://gyazo.com/05475406ad4ff8d6b6f678b45f64b01c

Last edited by cooroxd,

blossom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My custom image for TPC is not working for some reason when I try manually doing it myself. I use ms paint to shrink the image to 64x104px and then I use fast stone photo resizer to decrease the quality which in turn decreases the size to 3kb. After that I inject it into acnlram and test it out on the website editor, it gives me invalid photo error. Any ideas or tips on re-sizing the image so it's guarantee to work? Any additional imaging software i should use?

https://gyazo.com/300f995ba1ea11a7057e7f6d6b9ab6cb

https://gyazo.com/05475406ad4ff8d6b6f678b45f64b01c
the online editor wont show the custom tpc images. You have to use the offline editor NLSE to see if it worked.

Last edited by blossom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?