Hacking Official [Source Release] ReiNand CFW

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No disrespect intended. Just users discussing options for a solution. ReiNand we realize is focused on emuNAND (I am a emuNAND user), however there are alot of updatedsysnand users who would like to get in on the ReiNand. GBA saving is another small problem in ReiNand. Not that is doesn't work but if you do not pay attention and you put alot of effort into a gba game and forget to reboot back into sysNAND you will lose your save and that would suck. We all appreciate @Reisyukaku's CFW, but that should not stop anyone from pointing out small bugs or possible oversights that @Reisyukaku can weigh in on and decide to implement or not.

I agree that suggestions to improve the cfw are welcome (as soon as Rei likes that), but I see lots of posts like:
"Oh this is not blocking firm0/1, this is a shit, aurei does"
"Oh finally support for rednand, aurei was the first" (totally wrong, rei supports rednand since a lot, but childs here don't know how to read the code, or even a commit)
"Oh aurei was the first in the whole universe to support a9lh, finally even Rei after weeks". (totally false, Rei was the first even in this).

And this is not a war against the original vs the mod, at all. Just I don't like to see all that bullshits i told you, and if I don't like (and i'm just a random user) I think Rei doesn't like it at all

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Reisyukaku, you play from emuNAND or sysNAND? I tried Castlevania Circle of the Moon from sysNAND and played to a save point. Upon exit from GBA game ReiNand rebooted to emuNAND as it should. However returning to sysNAND and starting the title again resulted in save progress not being saved. If I am all screwed up, can you tell me how you are using GBA with your CFW. Thank you.

Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: matpower

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there is only 1 @Reisyukaku

64702aa35ca150a03b0b9d116cd97df7.jpg

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question:
I just installed the reinand version released on 23.01.2016 (Version 3.3?) and everything works fine. Is an update recommended? What has changed since Version 3.3?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major differences between AuRei and Rei:
* Built-in boot manager
* "Updated sysNAND" mode, which protects FIRM0/FIRM1, where A9LH is kept, so you can use sysNAND as the main NAND. IMO it would be nice to implement that on ReiNAND.
*Dual emu/redNANDs.
*FIRM 9.0 support for sysNAND or first emuNAND on 9.2
Differences between Red and emuNAND:
*RedNAND is sightly faster than emuNAND.
*RedNAND is smaller than emuNAND in some systems like the n3DS.

how can redNAND be faster when it is physically the same card it reads from and writes to as emuNAND?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Region Free and better Emunand Loading

what do you mean by "better" emunand loading? in what way did loading improve?

Danny[DEC]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The "arm9loaderhax.bin" file is just for the people that use A9L CFW, right? I mean, if we run EmuNAND it's not necessary put that .bin file in the SD, right?

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry for the stupid post but i have updated to 3.5 and i can't figure out how to boot into sysnand with signature patched like before with AueriNand...please help or i cannot play with mu GBA anymore :(

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry for the stupid post but i have updated to 3.5 and i can't figure out how to boot into sysnand with signature patched like before with AueriNand...please help or i cannot play with mu GBA anymore :(

Hold Start on boot, or use the mod earlier in the thread to auto boot sysnand

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tnx man i've resolved to go into sys patched with start!where is that thread for autobooting into syspatched?tnx in advance :)

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tnx but i don't have the A9hax procedure done,my sysnand are 9.0 and emunand 10.7 i cannot use your ar9loaderhax right?

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that's fine for me,tnx for the help!!!! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

great CFW!it resolved also my 3d effect at emunand start!that's means no more closing/opening the n3ds for fix that fastidious visual bug!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password