Sony acquires Nixxes, a studio known for developing PC ports

nixxies sony.png

Sony is on a gaming studio acquisition spree. After welcoming Housemarque in its family, the company has announced that it has acquired Dutch studio Nixxes which joins PlayStation Studios group. Nixxes is described as "a company specializing in video game design, development and porting"; and more specifically, it has worked on PC ports and optimizations for titles like the recent Tomb Raider trilogy, Marvel’s Avengers and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. So with this acquisition, Sony might be planning to expand its PC ports library.

:arrow: SOURCE

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who has stepped away from Microsoft and Sony consoles around the 360/PS3 generation and is full into PC (Steam primarily) and Nintendo, I for one am excited to have the opportunity to play more PlayStation titles on PC!

I'm about halfway through Horizon Zero Dawn, I'm going after Days Gone someday, and I'm looking forward to Uncharted 4. Bring on the rest!

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess they weren't kidding when they said they wanted to expand to PC (There is NOTHING wrong with PS exclusives coming to PC, nearly all Xbox "exclusives" are on PC too! More people playing the games the better!)

Reactions: Lunos

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Final Fantasy XII Remake for PC... pleaseee peoples
I don't see how this is related to this acquisition since the game isn't developed by Sony. There are already rumours of the game coming to PC based on people datamining the game and finding references to higher resolutions for PC and Nvidia/AMD.

Regardless, it would be up to SquareEnix (not Sony) bring the game to other platforms (ie. not just PC), but don't expect that to happen anytime soon until SquareEnix finish or close to finish all the FF7:Remake episodes.

On topic: Guess this means Sony is planning to move more Playstation exclusives to PC. Can picture some PS fans will rant about it when that happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?