Sony acquires mobile game developer Savage Game Studios

PS Savage GS.JPG

In yet another bout of acquisition, mobile game developer Savage Game Studios is joining the ranks of PlayStation Studios. More specifically, it will join the newly created PlayStation Studios Mobile Division which will focus on Sony's mobile gaming efforts.

The acquisition announcement comes via a PlayStation blog post by Hermen Hulst, Head of PlayStation Studios. In it, Hulst had the following to add regarding Sony's mobile gaming plans: "Savage Game Studios is joining a newly created PlayStation Studios Mobile Division, which will operate independently from our console development and focus on innovative, on-the-go experiences based on new and existing PlayStation IP."

:arrow: SOURCE

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Honestly, their decision making skills do match up with average design making skills of a company or person from California.
I don't know what he meant, or what you meant, because I don't know much about USA's Pantheon of States (witch state means what), but they left Japan because they lost a lot of ground there on the same time they earned a lot on Americas and Europe, so the decision made sense.

Their move to abandon portable gaming tho, that is something that I still can't get. I don't really hate anything, but if I were to hate Sony that would be the sole reason.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know what he meant, or what you meant, because I don't know much about USA's Pantheon of States (witch state means what), but they left Japan because they lost a lot of ground there on the same time they earned a lot on Americas and Europe, so the decision made sense.

Their move to abandon portable gaming tho, that is something that I still can't get. I don't really hate anything, but if I were to hate Sony that would be the sole reason.
I still can't forgive them for screwing over Japanese developers like Marvelous and Cygames. I'm pretty sure they're also to blame for some niche franchises' death

Reactions: nxwing

ScaryHobbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Nintendo decides on a project and gives it to a developer that then basically becomes part of Nintendo, kind of like Hal Laboratory, Intelligent Systems or Sora.

I have no idea how those developers become so attached to Nintendo during their existence, but somehow they do.

These out-of-the-blue acquisitions from Microsoft and Sony are different, as they are majorly after tech or IPs.

This is an odd case, as these guys are just an amalgamation of former employees of mobile juggernauts or the development house went around and selling itself to the highest bidder because they had no funding?

Might be an expensive endeavor.
Nintendo already put out a statement saying that they're not really interested in making any big purchases of other companies (*Publically* interested, I must stress. They could be eyeing studios in secret for all we know. Particularily film studios.). Their reason is that they want to make sure that whatever studios that work for them have that "Nintendo DNA" in them.

I think that is what drives them more than anything if and when they go after another studio.
MS, Sony, Embracer, and the like are more interested in hoarding studios and IP's, but often don't give a flying fuck about the health of either the studio or the project.
Nintendo is more interested in molding their studios and IP's into a cohesive family. Some of their studios have projects just assigned to them, but most of them seem to be homegrown by the studios themselves as their trademarks and mascots, etc.
And as long as their games continue to be moderately successful (Or at the very least not buggy broken pieces of shit) Nintendo is fine with them taking whatever time they need to make the games presentable.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, their decision making skills do match up with average design making skills of a company or person from California.
Do you want to tell Apple, Google and virtually every other worthwhile tech company with US-roots or shall I?

I mean what an blissfully ignorant comment.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you want to tell Apple, Google and virtually every other worthwhile tech company with US-roots or shall I?

I mean what an blissfully ignorant comment.
They make stupid decisions too but they aren’t part of the conversation so yeah ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo