Sonic & the black knight error on Neo and uloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SamAsh07, Nov 7, 2010.

1. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    I tried launching Sonic & the black knight using NeoGamme R9 Beta47, but it gave an ID error, and some driver date:20081012 along with "Maybe DVD-R's are not compatible :-("

While on uLoader, it worked fine till the beginning cutscenes, and then just blacked out to disc error.

Any help?

I bought this disc for 1 buck btw

2. DKAngel

DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2009
    Perth,Australia
    may it was baddly burnt?
    try ripping it to hdd and playign that way

3. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Ok, that's strange. Until now all people with drives with dates 20080714 or later couldn't run DVD-Rs on their Wiis.

You are trying to load from an actual DVD-R with uloader? What color is the lower side of the disc?

4. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    with uLoader, the game runs using an external drive, up until the first cutscene.

lower side of the disc? I'm not sure I understand..

5. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Forget, it was a question for the case you did what you wrote in the 1st post: Run a dvd-r on wii with a drive newer than 20080714, which you didn't.

If you get a read error in the middle of the game, it could be that you have a bad image. Or it's a HDD problem, how many games did you play from HDD already?

6. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    It's not on HDD, I said "External Drive" since HDDs are usually called that, you got confused, I meant "External DVD Drive" Liteon DVD Player. Got it for free along with my Wii.

Anyways, I guess its a corrupted image on the disc then...

7. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I always forget that uloader supports these...

Now a bad burn is on the table too. If you could try the game from an usb HDD, some usb storage or a sdhc card, then you would know if it's bad burn or bad image.

Or you can rerip the game and burn it again. I'm not sure, but i think that's possible with burned discs. (PC drives can't read retail wii "dvds")

8. SamAsh07
    OP

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    I'll rip it when I have a compatible DVD drive...laptop has some Mashita crap, while PC has Sony DVD RW