Sonic Generations Demo, XBL, limited time!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,864
  • Replies 25
D

Deleted User

OP
QUOTE said:
SEGA's celebrations are already in full swing. The Sonic Generations demo has been released onto Xbox Live Marketplace. It'll be on the European PSN Store when the update hits later today. SEGA is also releasing a Sonic 20th Anniversary bundle onto PSN today, which includes an XMB theme, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 4 Episode 1 and Sonic Adventure. The publisher has discounted it by 20% as part of the celebration - it's £13.99 (or $20) for the next 20 days.

Source : http://games.ign.com/articles/117/1178425p1.html

The demo expires in 19 days, and I have to say, I almost teared up from nostalgia, guys and gals, the game is going to be AMAZING!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I sucked it up and paid the £6 for a month gold subscription.

I've really been looking forward to this game, downloading it now.

Edit: It's a lot of fun but it doesn't properly capture the classic Sonic feel.
In a nut shell, it's TOO FUCKING FAST.
I mean oh my god he accelerates to top speed just by holding the X button and his top speed is even faster than on Sonic colors.

The level design, being designed around that though, is very good. Multiple branching paths that reward you with split-second reaction time and stage memorisation.

Seriously SEGA can you take the speed down a notch?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:

I mean oh my god he accelerates to top speed just by holding the X button and his top speed is even faster than on Sonic colors.

The level design, being designed around that though, is very good. Multiple branching paths that reward you with split-second reaction time and stage memorisation.

Were you playing Modern or Classic Sonic? I'll be greatly disappointed if Classic Sonic played the same. We already have Sonic Advance 2-3, Sonic Rush+Adventures and Sonic Colors DS that play like that and this is meant to please new and old gamers.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Nice to see a demo this early.
EDIT: I really like it! I only wish it was longer, and it had a 3D level. Still, now I'm excited for the full game.

D

Deleted User

OP
RupeeClock said:

Its an early beta build, they slowed him down as seen in the e3 gameplay.

Guys, this is it, they really brought sonic back and made him better, the Gameplay was so fluid yet fast, despite the game running at 30 FPS, sonic felt like sonic 3 sonic, but on speed.
The demo is only one level, green hill classic. so no 3d mode.

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huy2RHUkqUA[/youtube]
Thats the e3 build

And the build we get is like twice the speed lol...

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
For those who don't want to/can't play the demo, here's a summary:

The demo contains what is most likely the first level of the game. You play as Classic Sonic, speeding through the level, which contains all sorts of different pathways.

It was kind of hard to enjoy, because Sonic goes way too fast. I couldn't really take in the scenery and structure of the level because of that, and I just found myself holding right on the analog stick and pressing A and X when needed.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ManFranceGermany said:
RupeeClock said:
Oh man oh man time to boot up the Xbox I never use.

uh,really never use it?
I have exactly the same problem with the Wii, but the 360 has almost every week new games.

I'm the same as RupeeClock with the 360. Got all the consoles, got good games for them all, but end up playing mainly the Wii and PC.

This looks sweet though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
ManFranceGermany said:
RupeeClock said:
Oh man oh man time to boot up the Xbox I never use.

uh,really never use it?
I have exactly the same problem with the Wii, but the 360 has almost every week new games.

I'm the same as RupeeClock with the 360. Got all the consoles, got good games for them all, but end up playing mainly the Wii and PC.

This looks sweet though.
Same I've just got my 360 and I played it a little but the games just seem...very disposable. Yet I'm back on my Wii replaying some right gems.

D

Deleted User

OP
I sold my Ps3 because I found it too bland, I only play my xbox for exclusives, and I only play my wii for the next best game, but overall I'm a pc gamer.

Honestly, I'm happy with the direction of this sonic games, when I saw city escape I almost shouted in enjoyment, I hope this game is amazing, and I hope the reviews and sales are respectable.

I just wish it was on PC.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of Sonic at least haven't been for many years, but I have to say that this game plays really well compared to many of the previous Sonic titles. As an added bonus the game looks great in 3D.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It was kind of hard to enjoy, because Sonic goes way too fast.

> Implying that he is supposed to go along any other way.

Anyway, I don't have an Xbox (Me bro does), but he plays on it quite alot.

I've seen the video and it actually looks nice, and fluid. Still won't ever beat the memories of Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3&K, Sonic CD (Loved that game, so...freaking....much!), and Sonic R for me.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really liked the Demo. I was disappointed it was only one level because I would have really liked to have played more. Previously I really didn't care about SG but now I'm going to keep an eye on this.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game looks good, but needs to be more polished. There are a few bugs. SEGA's on the right track so far.

I hope they'll manage to make it run at 60 FPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1