Sonic Frontiers has leaked on Switch ahead of its release date

asdsadasddas.png

Sonic Frontiers isn't out yet officially, but leaked NSP copies of the game are spreading across the internet. The Nintendo Switch version of the game has been dumped a week ahead of its release date. Cutscenes and gameplay are cropping up on YouTube as well, of it running on the Switch, or even of people playing it using the Ryujinx emulator. As always, please remember that sharing warez is against GBAtemp's ToS.

:arrow: Discussion Thread

OM3GAZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's strange that this didn't happen with Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, but it did with this game.
Knowing Nintendo, it's obvious that hackers or leakers are afraid of leaking the game on the internet. If Nintendo gets angry because someone made a fangame of Pokemon, now imagine Nintendo getting angry at someone who leaked their most anticipated game.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Frontiers is reportedly running quite well on Yuzu with the Vulkan backend. Although performance drops quite a bit in the open world.
Good news for those who want to play it early on PC/Steam Deck, though obviously we'll be getting a much-superior version pretty soon anyway. Better not be so much pop-in on the non-Switch versions.

NewLoveMachine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing that previous game levels were in the game but reskinned with Green Hill Zone assets my hype died near instantaneously. At least the music is good, as usual. I'll grab it when it's inevitably in the bargin bin.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

RobXcore

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm glad I'm reading about performance drops. If that's also the same in the actual console then I guess I'll grab the PC version; which is a shame because I want a physical copy of the game.

Last edited by RobXcore,
Reactions: felix.200

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I for one am very excited to play Sonic Frontiers once it reaches PC, I really hope it does well, it also looks good visually. I hope it does better than most modern Sonic games since 2006.

Reactions: SylverReZ

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I got my err... sponsored copy. Thank you google.. I mean Sega for the free copy:creep:
Still surprised Bayo3 runs pretty good 60fps without any mods on Ryujinx it just has a light and audio glitch thats holding it back not sure if its fixed now, but its damn near perfect close to a PC port

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who's tried it on console and not emulator, how's performance?
Not great. I mean it's a Switch game, so I've seen worse, but it looks like it's lower res than a Vita game. Literally zero anti-aliasing. Suuuuch bad pop in. The performance itself is...meh? Definitely frame drops everywhere, but not unbearable, I guess. Just looks like a mess.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not great. I mean it's a Switch game, so I've seen worse, but it looks like it's lower res than a Vita game. Literally zero anti-aliasing. Suuuuch bad pop in. The performance itself is...meh? Definitely frame drops everywhere, but not unbearable, I guess. Just looks like a mess.
I sure hope no one was expecting anything more of the Switch release. This is supposed to be a AAA title that's been built for latest gen of hardware in the PS5 and XSX, has there been any other AAA title like that that's seen such a simultaneous release with the Switch and modern hardware? I'm not sure there has been, and with good reason.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, dled it and tried with with my bud's modded switch...
It more or less feels as if someone modded breath of the wild and put Sonic in it, uh
You got this open world bit where you can run around, you can go pretty fast but maintain perfect control of him, sometimes there be enemies to fight, and Sonic can like punch and kick them, like, when was the last time he ever did that, Sonic Battle?
They also, like, basically figured how to cram classic Sonic styled levels in the game: by making them the shrine challenges of botw, lol
You find a sort of shrine you have to power up with something, inside there's a short level to beat and whatnot
Like, very short, as some ask you to beat them under a minute, tho would say they seems to be better done than Forces' mindless levels, lol
One stupid thing, that I dunno if maybe is only for this tutorial area or what, there are invisible barriers blocking you from running up mountains or other structures, bullshit
Hope that restriction is removed in proper gameplay, or that'd be quite disappointing, as in botw you can just climb anywhere if you got the stamina for it

I know that piracy is illegal and wrong
That's what them corrupt fat-cats want you to believe.
Knowing Nintendo, it's obvious that hackers or leakers are afraid of leaking the game on the internet. If Nintendo gets angry because someone made a fangame of Pokemon, now imagine Nintendo getting angry at someone who leaked their most anticipated game.
Lmao no. Didn't stop them from leaking Sword/Shield or Splatoon 3 or the latest Mario soccer game.
Probably nobody didn't care about leaking the rabbids one, I guess. Bet like tomorrow or what we gonna see the new pokè game leaked as well.
Nowadays it's more surprising to see a game that doesn't get leaked rather than the opposite.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao no. Didn't stop them from leaking Sword/Shield or Splatoon 3 or the latest Mario soccer game.

Nowadays it's more surprising to see a game that doesn't get leaked rather than the opposite.
Yeah that was an odd post, major Switch games including 1st and 2nd party releases have been regularly leaking before release over the last year. Its interesting, probably all coming from the same source would be my guess, but yeah Nintendo probably is angry, and are probably trying to find the source and haven't had luck yet. Let's not forget how badly they got that guy that leaked NSMBW back in the day.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah that was an odd post, major Switch games including 1st and 2nd party releases have been regularly leaking before release over the last year. Its interesting, probably all coming from the same source would be my guess, but yeah Nintendo probably is angry, and are probably trying to find the source and haven't had luck yet. Let's not forget how badly they got that guy that leaked NSMBW back in the day.
Honestly, a game getting leaked isn't gonna affect sales much if at all, I'd say.
People that were gonna pirate the game anyway just get it early, and it means nothing to people that were going to buy it, so... yeah, like, no biggie, I'd say.
Regarding the NSMBW one, they did get that guy badly 'cus he basically doxxed himself, uh.
Showed a receipt with name and all, I mean... Duh. If he remained anonymous, he'd probably have got scot free or what. shrug

B.B.Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats going to happen is that these developers are going to get sick of porting their games to the switch knowing that its just going to get leaked and pirated all the fucking time. Posting videos spoiling the game and shit. And you just going to see less of these games on the Switch. Once Nintendo starts losing developers and money on these ports maybe they'll get a fucking clue and start finding ways to stop pirates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo