Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
metroid4life14 said:
My only problem with the lack of an R4 fix is that then, we're letting nintendo win... And srsly guys, give him a break, he's 14.

I do think that you should release your progress though, someone else might have the same setup as you (2 DS, 1 legit cart, 1 flashcart) who is willing to do some work while you finish your games.
It is fixed...

Liger_Gundam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
metroid4life14 said:
My only problem with the lack of an R4 fix is that then, we're letting nintendo win... And srsly guys, give him a break, he's 14.

I do think that you should release your progress though, someone else might have the same setup as you (2 DS, 1 legit cart, 1 flashcart) who is willing to do some work while you finish your games.
It is fixed...

Yep it is for R4 running YSMenu
biggrin.gif

Now I just have to update to YSMenu D:
Seems very tedious... >_>

eroshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear guys, i found an ysmenu that makes the file of mario and luigi rpg 3 works! and with no fixes!

Chek It out! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IVL4QKGD , any questions? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPIVC9K8rFk , just download de ysmenu, open the file, and put everything thats into there in your sd card, after, put your normal mario e luigi bowser inside story ( with no fixes, im talking serious!) and play it!
The menu will seem a littlebit strange, but, you can play it!

Have fun

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eroshadow said:
Dear guys, i found an ysmenu that makes the file of mario and luigi rpg 3 works! and with no fixes!

Chek It out! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IVL4QKGD , any questions? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPIVC9K8rFk , just download de ysmenu, open the file, and put everything thats into there in your sd card, after, put your normal mario e luigi bowser inside story ( with no fixes, im talking serious!) and play it!

Have fun

Yeah, the YSMenu version works. I suggest we lock this thread, it's kinda useless now.

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
eroshadow said:

Have fun

Yeah, the YSMenu version works. I suggest we lock this thread, it's kinda useless now.

It still doesn't work for Supercard Slot 2 users... so no this thread isn't useless. The only way Supercard Slot-2 users can play is with a fully patched version.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eroshadow said:

Have fun
I like how there's just a mess of files in the root directory that don't need to be there along with the YSMenu's ReadMe's and .exe file and the files that are supposed to be in the TTMenu folder as well as DLDI patching tools and source...
And for the reason why the menu looks "strange", is because you're using DSTT skin and not an R4/YSMenu skin.

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
eroshadow said:

Have fun
I hope that's not actually the menu because Yasu strictly prohibits his stuff from being uploaded onto external sites.

chnkpk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get rid of that link your clutz, yasu doesn't allow complete software to be exposed on sites, he'll stop releasing new stuff

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
twiztidsinz said:
chnkpk said:
Get rid of that link your clutz, yasu doesn't allow complete software to be exposed on sites, he'll stop releasing new stuff
He hasn't updated in 6 months..... last update was 2009/03/27 at 00:00.
Even so, I think it's best to respect his wishes whether he releases any newer versions or not. He has almost single-handedly kept the R4 alive for over a year now. That's got to be worth some gratitude, surely?

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just take it down... if you're so lazy that you don't want to figure out how to get ysmenu working... then you don't deserve to play this game
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
chnkpk said:
He hasn't updated in 6 months..... last update was 2009/03/27 at 00:00.

Ever stopped to think that the reason he doesn't release updates is because people keep posting links to pre-compiled versions when he asks for it not to be done?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Ever stopped to think that the reason he doesn't release updates is because people keep posting links to pre-compiled versions when he asks for it not to be done?
Yes, I have... and if that's the case, what difference does it make?

Lets face it... This is the internet, where information pretty literally flows like water... if you're going to be pissy that someone posts or mirrors something, this isn't the place for you.
That said, I have no real issue with respecting the wishes of coders. He doesn't want his YSMenu posted anywhere? Fine, I might not agree with it, but I'll respect it... but I wouldn't be surprised if the people who do respect it are in the minority.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
TrolleyDave said:
Yes, I have... and if that's the case, what difference does it make?

Lets face it... This is the internet, where information pretty literally flows like water... if you're going to be pissy that someone posts or mirrors something, this isn't the place for you.
That said, I have no real issue with respecting the wishes of coders. He doesn't want his YSMenu posted anywhere? Fine, I might not agree with it, but I'll respect it... but I wouldn't be surprised if the people who do respect it are in the minority.

The difference is that if people stopped posting it then he might start working on it again. I'm totally speculating here of course, he could have just got bored with the project, but he threatened to stop working on it if people didn't respect his wishes, lots of people didn't respect his wishes and he stopped working on it. It could be a coincidence or it could be the cause.

I can see where you're coming from, but like you said he doesn't want it done. And you're right, it is the minority of people who respect his wishes which is a shame because it might have developed into a decent firmware replacement for the R4/DSTT. Again tho, I'm speculating as to why work has stopped on it.

Rfire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was reading through some old articles and found this from May of this year:

"Metaforic's MetaFortress technology, to be used in games by Nintendo and six other publishers starting this year, uses code stored in the actual game that detects the patching used by flashcarts, and then disables the ROM."

So this crap has a name.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Rfire said:
I was reading through some old articles and found this from May of this year:

"Metaforic's MetaFortress technology, to be used in games by Nintendo and six other publishers starting this year, uses code stored in the actual game that detects the patching used by flashcarts, and then disables the ROM."

So this crap has a name.

Yeah it's been known about for a while, not sure if this the very same protection but it's highly probable. If it detects the patching routines used by flashcarts then it really is time for R4 owners to switch to a different cart! lol It means that it'll need rewritten patching routines which can only come from a firmware update. Or it could influence a generation of crackers similar to those of the SNES/Megadrive/Amiga/ST days. It'd be nice to see, I know most people hate intros/cracktros but I kind of miss them, it showed the release groups were more than just people who knew how to use ripping software/hardware. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.