Fire Emblem Fates: Upgraded

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Fates-Blade-900, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Fates-Blade-900
    OP

Fates-Blade-900 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2018
    United States
    Fire Emblem Fates: Upgraded, The way Fire Emblem Fates is meant to be played.

About This Mod

What this hack plans to do is change a lot of things in the game to balance it better, make the game harder, fix the story ,and fix many inconsistencies with the localization, so you could call the Fire Emblem Fates Deluxe, or Fire Emblem Fates Definitive, I intend for it to have a feel like that, some of the changes is:
    1. Katanas give avoid and effective speed but have lower strength.
    2. Nohrian weapons were given more strength and less accuracy.
    3. Silver weapons no longer debuff after use.
    4. Daggers have a new small edit.
    5. The Yato gives some stat bonuses.
    6. Boss' weapon placements are changed, and stats are edited.
    7. Some music and battle theme are moved around for bosses.
    8. Xander and Ryoma were given a special theme for their final fight in Birthright and Conquest. (Link is in the downloads section)
    9. Xander has been buffed in the final fight of Birthright, as well as a new gameplay change was added for it.
    10. Mostly all chapters of Birthright's bosses have been buffed.
    11. The Siegfried and Raijinto have been differentiated more.
    12. The Fujin Yumi and Brynhildr give a very small bonus, and many more changes.
    it also plans to add in plenty of new supports as well as audio in supports, chapters,
    paralogues, and some characters, as well as use some of Team IFs translation text to change the games text to properly express the characters different feelings
    and make different supports clearer, this hack also plans to add recruitment methods for characters in the Birthright path (such as Sakura being able to recruit Hinoka),
    and mothers being able to recruit the children characters, this hack also plans to add a few custom DLCs, as well as add Hoshidan and Nohrian Festival of Bonds and a new Apotheosis called "True Apotheosis"... yes I know that's a lot, maybe I should go ahead and call this Fire Emblem Fates Ultimate.

(Everything in the hack is bound to change, and is in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Intelligent Systems.)
    Latest version: .4792​

Hack progress:
    I split the hack currently into two version, the Faithful version, and the Upgraded version:

The Faithful version: The version that is currently being worked on, is a version that does lot's of edits but doesn't change the game too much.

The Upgraded version: The version that changes a lot about the game, to make it more varied and enjoyable,
    such as every chapters goal in Birthright not being Sieze, Rout or Kill Boss.

Faithful Birthright Lunatic Mode Edit: All Complete.
    Faithful Birthright Path Invasion Lunatic Mode Edit: All Complete.
    Faithful Conquest Path Lunatic Mode edit: Chapters: 25/27/EG done.
    Faithful Conquest Path Lunatic Mode Invasion edit: All Complete.
    Faithful Revelation Path: Chapters 7-12 are done.
    Upgraded Birthright Path : Not in production

DLCs: Not in production
    Items and Descriptions: Complete
    Supports: Not in production
    Game Text: Not in production
    Recruitment Methods: Not in production
    Chapters and Paralogues: Not in production

The Change log, and logo is present in the links below, if you enjoyed the hack be sure to like, feel free to comment,
    ask questions, make suggestions and whatever else, but most question can be answered by reading the change log, enjoy!

NOTE: This hack is only for the US versions of the paths.

Fates Upgraded Change log version .4792 link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/h5s7uj85ratuq5l/Fates_Upgraded_Ver_0.4792_Changelog.txt/file

Fates Upgraded Special Iron15 and new song link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/15i1nzookc41u61/SpecialIron15AndNewSong.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Birthright game Version .4792 link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6kgsl888m89m9t/FatesUpgradedBirthrightGameVersion.4792.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Conquest game Version .4792 link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/pkv28w6fhklbr6c/FatesUpgradedConquestGameVersion.4792.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Special Edition game Version .4792 link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/eqeiv649y39rjw6/FatesUpgradedSpecialEditionGameVersion.4792.rar/file

Special Thanks and Credits to:
    God
    DeathChaos
    Merrill lianne
    and Geodude

Questions and Answers:

Q 1. How do I even load the hack!?

A 1. You will need to use a file patcher, like the LayeredFS in Luma CFW,
    if you haven't installed Luma yet here is a link to all the information for it: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki

Q 2. How do I open the .rar file?

A 2. You can use WinRAR for that (even after the trial period you can keep using it for free).

Q 3. Why isn't the new theme for Ryoma and Xander already loaded in the hack?

A 3. EDIT: The theme sounds good, but the Iron 15 file is really large and
    could take up too much room on a SD card so I left it out of the hack, but it can be put in and used in the game.

Q 4. Why don't I see any changes in Birthright? I'm playing on hard mode.

A 4. Because I did a terrible job in the Birthright path and it mostly only effects players playing on lunatic.

Q 5. You composed the theme for Xander and Ryoma yourself?

A 5. No. It was taken from another game and added to Fates Upgraded same with the main lord's death theme.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900, Nov 15, 2018
    NostalgicPoet likes this.
  2. Geodude671

Geodude671 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2018
    United States
    >Lethality on Garon
    >mrw

3. TheUnknownHunter

TheUnknownHunter Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    Mexico
    This is great, dude! but do i need the US versions of the games? (i have the JP special edition downloaded)

Fates-Blade-900 likes this.
  4. Fates-Blade-900
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2018
    United States
    Sadly yes you will need the US version of the game.

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900, May 1, 2018
  5. TheUnknownHunter

TheUnknownHunter Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    Mexico
    Damn... thanks anyways

6. Fates-Blade-900
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2018
    United States
    I will see if I can make a port for the Japanese version, of the Special Edition.
    EDIT: After trying it doesn't seem I was able to, so the hack is going to be US region only.

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900, Nov 15, 2018
  7. TheUnknownHunter

TheUnknownHunter Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    Mexico
    thanks a bunch! looking foward to this awesome hack.:)

8. Fishmalk

Fishmalk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2018
    United States
    Very interesting stuff, will give it a go when it's done. I assume the special edition version has the files for all 3 routes?

Since only Gunter is in the changelog: have you considered looking further at character/class balance? A few units and classes are noticeably above par, and quite a few are well below par. Why use mercenaries in conquest when you have cavaliers? Why use Setsuna when you have Takumi?

9. Fates-Blade-900
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2018
    United States
    For growth rates, I have looked at a few characters and determined that I might:
    1. Make glass cannon characters growth rates better. (Nyx, Charlotte, Peri, etc.)
    2. Make below par characters like Rinkah, and average characters like Felicia and Jakob's, growth rates better.
    As for the classes, I say that each one has it's uses, like a cavalier is weak to beast killer weapons while a mercenary is not, plus the promotion branchs.
    And Setsuna's usefulness is really up to you the player, but the hack has a lot of changes to make the game more flexible for you to use pretty much anyone as shown above, you would have to judge whether or not her usefulness has improved if you play the hack, I think it has.

I would enjoy it if you comment on the hack if you finish it about what you liked and didn't, there are a LOT of changes to weapons, enemies, bosses stats and skills, and characters so you would have to judge how the characters sum up.

Last edited by Fates-Blade-900, Nov 8, 2018
  10. LittleFlame

LittleFlame I was way off, you guys suck

Jan 30, 2015
    Netherlands
    The Death Road to Canada
    Having been playing Fates again the past couple of days this woulda been great had I known about it then!
    I like the list up things you've done anyway and it seems great!

11. TheUnknownHunter

TheUnknownHunter Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    Mexico
    Is this mod still going? cuz i replayed Fates with with mod installed and it's awesome! feels good to use silver weapons again with none of that debuff crap.