ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: Upgraded

Fates-Blade-900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fire Emblem Fates: Upgraded, the way Fire Emblem Fates is meant to be played.

NOTE: The links are confirmed working.

About this hack:

What this hack plans to do is change a lot of things in the game to balance it better, make the game harder, fix the story, and fix many inconsistencies with the localization, so you could call this Fire Emblem Fates Deluxe, or Fire Emblem Fates Definitive, I intend for it to have a feel like that, some of the changes are:
  1. Katanas give avoid and effective speed but have lower strength.
  2. Most Nohrian weapons are given more might and a little less accuracy. Bows were given more accuracy, and might.
  3. Silver weapons no longer debuff after use.
  4. Daggers have a new small edit.
  5. The Yato gives some stat bonuses.
  6. Weapons like the Kodachi can now follow up with 9+ speed, (the Kodachi requires 7)! But weapons like the Spear cannot.
  7. Most Birthright Boss' weapon placements are changed.
  8. Some boss themes are moved around.
  9. Xander and Ryoma can now have a special theme for their final fight in Birthright and Conquest! (Information at the Questions and Answers section, and link is in the downloads section)
  10. Xander has been buffed at his final fight in Birthright, as well as a new gameplay change was added for it (Lunatic and Hard Mode only).
  11. All Birthright bosses have been buffed.
  12. The Siegfried and Raijinto have been differentiated more.
  13. The Fujin Yumi and Brynhildr give a very small bonus.
  14. Birthright, Revelation, and Hero Battle enemy stats are now decreased slightly on Hard mode and greatly on Normal mode.
  15. Many translation errors, like Setsuna's personal skill, Nyx's death quote, Hinata's death quote, Oboro's death quote etc. are fixed.
  16. Changes the unit creation screen Boon and Bane text to be like Awakenings.
  17. The main lord's death theme can be changed. (Information on how to change it is at the Questions and Answers section, Question 6.)
  18. Most Vallites are buffed, on Lunatic and Hard mode.
  19. All Invasions are edited.
  20. Added Scaling to the Hero battles plus change 14!
  21. Lilith now has Dragon Ward as a personal skill!
  22. As a result of change 1 and 5 the Yatos changes are much more varied.
  23. Xander has a new description.
  24. Ryoma does too.
  25. The list goes on...
it also plans to add in plenty of new supports as well as audio in supports, chapters,
paralogues, and perhaps some characters, as well as use some of Team IFs translation text to change the games text to properly express the characters different feelings
and make different supports clearer, this hack also plans to add recruitment methods for characters in the Birthright path (such as Sakura being able to recruit Hinoka),
and mothers being able to recruit the children characters, this hack also plans to add a few custom DLCs, as well as add Hoshidan and Nohrian Festival of Bonds and a new Apotheosis called "True Apotheosis"... yes I know that's a lot, maybe I should go ahead and call this Fire Emblem Fates Ultimate.

(Everything in the hack is bound to change, and is in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Intelligent Systems.)
Previous version: .4827
Current version: .4848Rev5

Hack Status: Stalled

Be sure to take a look at the screenshots.

The change log, and logo are present in the links below, if you enjoy the hack be sure to follow me to stay up to date with the latest releases of Fates Upgraded, and give it a like. Also feel free to comment, ask questions, make suggestions and whatever else, but most questions can probably be answered by reading the change log, or the Questions and Answers section, thank you and enjoy! :)
Downloads:

Fates Upgraded Change log version .4848Rev5 link with Notepad ++ text colors:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6uhc32n113uymt/Fates_Upgraded_Version_0.4848Rev5_Changelog.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Special Iron15 and new song link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/15i1nzookc41u61/SpecialIron15AndNewSong.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4848Rev5 for the Birthright game link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ja2z...ithfulBirthrightGameVersion.4848Rev5.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4848Rev5 for the Conquest game link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hqw6...FaithfulConquestGameVersion.4848Rev5.rar/file

Fates Upgraded Faithful Edition Version .4848Rev5 for the Special Edition game link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2img...ulSpecialEditionGameVersion.4848Rev5.rar/file

Hack progress:
I split the hack currently into two version, the Faithful version, and the Upgraded version:

The Faithful version: The version that is currently being worked on, is a version that does lots of edits but doesn't change the game too much.

The Upgrade version: The version that changes a lot about the game, to make it more varied and enjoyable,
such as every chapters goal in Birthright not being Sieze, Rout, or Kill Boss.

Faithful Birthright Edits: Complete.
Faithful Birthright My Castle Invasion edits: Complete
Faithful Birthright Paralogue Edits: Complete
Faithful Conquest Edits: Chapters: 25, 27, EG done. (I don't think I'll be doing anymore edits to it.)
Faithful Conquest My Castle Invasion edits: Complete.
Faithful Conquest Paralogue Edits: Complete
Faithful Revelation Path Edits: Chapters 6-15 are done.
Faithful Revelation My Castle Invasion Edits: Complete
Faithful Revelation Paralogue Edits: Complete
Upgrade Birthright Path: Not in production
Upgrade Conquest Path: Not in production
Upgrade Revelation Path: Not in production

DLCs: Not in production
Items and Descriptions Editing: Complete
Support editing: Not in production
Script editing: Not in production
Recruitment Methods: Not in production

NOTE: Though this hack is made for the US versions of the games, you might be able to use them with any regions files with a bit of work.

Screenshots:
You can look through them at the link below to see which one you'd like to see.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/7ny099s8efoq3/Version_.4848
Their are too many files to show, so you can look through them at the link below to see which one you'd like to see.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/od0...iybohn,41fbov88dceoapa,ro1bimft5fe6708/shared
Paralogue 6 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:

Paralogue 7 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:

Paralogue 8 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:

Paralogue 9 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:

Paralogue 10 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:

Paralogue 11 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:

Paralogue 12 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:

Paralogue 13 Boss Scaled to Chapter 27 on Lunatic Mode:
Invasion 1 Boss stats on Lunatic mode:

Invasion 2 Boss stats on Lunatic mode:

Invasion 3 Boss Stats on Lunatic mode:
Their are too many files to show, so you can look through them at the link below to see which one you'd like to see.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ivi...vyyp4e,oe8s4kbiu0vxw2u,if8jrqyl0w24tmv/shared
Paralogue 4 Boss with little or no scaling on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 4 Boss scaled to chapter 27 on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 5 Boss scaled to chapter 27 on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 15 Boss scaled to chapter 27 on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 17 Boss scaled to chapter 27 on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 18 Boss scaled to chapter 27 on Lunatic mode:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/v0v...630a51,hbqvh1p6q9y2tz4,enbub5fqh157veb/shared
Paralogue 2 Boss scaled to chapter 27 on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 2 Boss with little or no scaling on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 3 Boss scaled to chapter 27 on Lunatic mode:

Paralogue 3 Boss with little or no scaling on Lunatic mode:

Marth when scaled to Chapter 27 and on Lunatic Mode:

Ike when scaled to Chapter 27 and on Lunatic Mode:

Lucina when scaled to Chapter 27 and on Lunatic Mode:

Robin when scaled to Chapter 27 and on Lunatic Mode:
Their are too many files to show, so you can look through them at the link below to see which one you'd like to see. http://www.mediafire.com/folder/ts5...s7kfo0,8j4gu6dldps9qco,smbgti8z8fuoa8i/shared

Special thanks and credits to:
God (Jesus, for always leading, and encouraging me)

GBATemp (for the use of this site to publish the hack),
FEUniverse (for the use of that site to publish the hack),
SerenesForest (for the use of that site to publish the hack),
Thane98,
DeathChaos,
Merrill lianne,
Geodude,
and everyone else that helped out. Again, thank you all! :)

Questions and Answers:

Question 1: How do I even load the hack!?

Answer: You will need to use a file patcher, like the LayeredFS in Luma CFW,
if you haven't installed Luma yet here is a link to all the information for it: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki

Question 2: How do I open the .rar file?

Answer: You can use WinRAR for that (even after the trial period you can keep using it for free).

Question 3: Why isn't the new theme for Ryoma and Xander already loaded in the hack?

Answer: EDIT: The theme sounds good, but the Iron 15 file is really large and
could take up too much room on a SD card so I left it out of the hack, but it can be put in and used in the game, instructions are around the bottom of the Changelog.

Question 4: Why don't I see any changes in Birthright? I'm playing on hard mode.

Answer: EDIT: This is a problem on version .4792, but with the release of .4825 this problem should be fixed.

Question 5: You composed the theme for Xander and Ryoma yourself?

Answer: No. It was taken from another game and added to Fates Upgraded same with the main lord's death theme.

Question 6: How do I add the changed main lord death theme?

Answer:

1. In the hack files either:
FatesUpgradedFatesBirthrightGame.rar,
FatesUpgradedFatesConquestGame.rar,
or FatesUpgradedFatesSpecialEditionGame.rar

2. Go in the "LumaLayeredFS" hack folder of the game hack (eg. FEFatesBirthrightFatesUpgradedLumaLayeredFSFiles)
navigate to and then enter the folder "stream" in the folder "Sound", once inside delete REMOVETHISMESSAGETOADDIT from the filename "sys_gameover_E1.dspadpcmREMOVETHISMESSAGETOADDIT.bcstm" and you're done.

Question 7: Is this hack compatible with Gay Fates?

Answer: I'm not sure, but I don't think so, it would probably require some effort to make the hack work with it, whether it'll take little or a lot again I don't know.

Question 8: How do I revert the changed chapter names?

Answer:

1. In the hack files:
FatesUpgradedFatesBirthrightGame.rar,
FatesUpgradedFatesConquestGame.rar,
or FatesUpgradedFatesSpecialEditionGame.rar

2. Go in the "LumaLayeredFS" hack folder of the game hack
(eg. FEFatesBirthrightFatesUpgradedLumaLayeredFSFiles)

3. Navigate to and then enter the folder "@E" in the folder "m",
once inside delete or what I recommend, rename the file "GameData.bin.lz" to something else
and rename "GameDataWITHVANILLACHAPTERNAMES.bin.lz" to "GameData.bin.lz" and you're done.

Disclaimer: Although the risk of the hack seriously damaging your 3DS is not
high with proper installation and use, I will not be liable
for any damage this hack does to your 3DS, if you
choose to install it you do so at your own risk of
damage.

Everything changed by the hack is bound to change, and is in no way affiliated
with Nintendo Co., Ltd., Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd., Bandai Namco Entertainment, Inc., or Namco Tales Studio Ltd. in anyway.

All non-original Nintendo Co., Ltd., Intelligent Systems Co., Ltd., Bandai Namco Entertainment, Inc., or Namco Tales Studio Ltd. materials including but not limited to characters, images, music, ideas and
specific expressions thereof are copyright, the usage of such materials in the
hack is transformative, for non-commercial purposes, and will not have a
significant effect upon the market for or value of the materials, and is
thus exempted from liability under the Fair Use Doctrine.

Attachments

• Fire Emblem Fates Upgraded Logo.jpg
    Fire Emblem Fates Upgraded Logo.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,030
Last edited by Fates-Blade-900,

Fates-Blade-900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn... thanks anyways
I will see if I can make a port for the Japanese version, of the Special Edition.
EDIT: After trying it doesn't seem I was able to, so the hack is going to be US region only.
NOTE: Though this hack is made for the US versions of the games, you might be able to use them with any regions files with a bit of work.

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very interesting stuff, will give it a go when it's done. I assume the special edition version has the files for all 3 routes?

Since only Gunter is in the changelog: have you considered looking further at character/class balance? A few units and classes are noticeably above par, and quite a few are well below par. Why use mercenaries in conquest when you have cavaliers? Why use Setsuna when you have Takumi?

Reactions: Fates-Blade-900

Fates-Blade-900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very interesting stuff, will give it a go when it's done. I assume the special edition version has the files for all 3 routes?

Since only Gunter is in the changelog: have you considered looking further at character/class balance? A few units and classes are noticeably above par, and quite a few are well below par. Why use mercenaries in conquest when you have cavaliers? Why use Setsuna when you have Takumi?
For growth rates, I have looked at a few characters and determined that I might:
  1. Make glass cannon characters growth rates better. (Nyx, Charlotte, Peri, etc.)
  2. Make below par characters like Rinkah, and average characters like Felicia and Jakob's, growth rates better.
As for the classes, I say that each one has it's uses, like a cavalier is weak to beast killer weapons while a mercenary is not, plus the promotion branchs.
And Setsuna's usefulness is really up to you the player, but the hack has a lot of changes to make the game more flexible for you to use pretty much anyone as shown above, you would have to judge whether or not her usefulness has improved if you play the hack, I think it has.

I would enjoy it if you comment on the hack if you finish it about what you liked and didn't, there are a LOT of changes to weapons, enemies, bosses stats and skills, and characters so you would have to judge how the characters sum up.

EDIT: After a lot of thinking I have decided to leave the glass canon characters alone, as well as Rinkah and Jakob, I did increase Felicia's strength growth though.

Reactions: UnwantedFortune

Fates-Blade-900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple questions--

-Would this mod work with Gay Fates?
-Does the Upgraded Special Edition change all paths?

Also, I'm a little confused, have you made any changes to Conquest, or just specifically Chapters 25-27?
1. I don't know if it would but I doubt it, it'd probably require some effort to make the hack work with it, whether it'll take little or a lot I don't know.

2. Yes it changes all paths, as the Special Edition has all paths in it.

3. Nearly all weapons in the hack are edited, so their are some edits to Conquest, like chapters are made easier or harder (but mostly easier IMO) only chapters edited however are Chapter 25, (buff to Ryoma on Lunatic and a new theme,) 27, and Endgame.

Reactions: UnwantedFortune

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks really cool, but I wanted to point out that the link for the changelog is missing, and the download for "Fates Upgraded Special Iron15 and new song link:" is broken .

Reactions: Fates-Blade-900

Fates-Blade-900

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.