Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Translated

# The Four's Raid (AB)
# Idea's Missing Key (A)
# To Ordital (-BC-E)

"To Ordital" A and E will follow tomorrow.
smile.gif

But you have to check it thoroughly, it's a literal translation, so there might be something wrong with the spacing, and I had to insert some extra \n because it won't fit in one or two lines. Sorry 'bout that.
frown.gif
But a native will get that right
smile.gif

Furthermore, I have a suggestion regarding the Boss of Act1, Almadora. It's some kind of sea serpent, and some dictionaries said that "ARmadora" has something to do with nautic things (anyone who speaks Portuguese here? Google gave me a list of some ship repair and marine services...) so I wanted to suggest that Almadora is renamed to Armadora - in my opinion, it would fit. And it sounds cool!
biggrin.gif

Just suggesting. The name would be defined in Soma Bringer Translation A, in "The Four's Raid B", and in "Idea's Missing Key A". As far as I can see. o_o°

BTW, I translated ??? as "guardian", literal would be "protecting hand", and I was confused at the beginning because one says ??? and the other says the Katakana word ??????. But I think "guardian" would fit for both of them, maybe the Katakana word is seen as some kind of title or honorific.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wischmop said:
Translated

# The Four's Raid (AB)
# Idea's Missing Key (A)
# To Ordital (-BC-E)

"To Ordital" A and E will follow tomorrow.
smile.gif

But you have to check it thoroughly, it's a literal translation, so there might be something wrong with the spacing, and I had to insert some extra \n because it won't fit in one or two lines. Sorry 'bout that.
frown.gif
But a native will get that right
smile.gif
Don't worry, I'll go over all the scripts and localize them before inserting them.

wischmop said:
Furthermore, I have a suggestion regarding the Boss of Act1, Almadora. It's some kind of sea serpent, and some dictionaries said that "ARmadora" has something to do with nautic things (anyone who speaks Portuguese here? Google gave me a list of some ship repair and marine services...) so I wanted to suggest that Almadora is renamed to Armadora - in my opinion, it would fit. And it sounds cool!
biggrin.gif

Just suggesting. The name would be defined in Soma Bringer Translation A, in "The Four's Raid B", and in "Idea's Missing Key A". As far as I can see. o_o°

BTW, I translated ??? as "guardian", literal would be "protecting hand", and I was confused at the beginning because one says ??? and the other says the Katakana word ??????. But I think "guardian" would fit for both of them, maybe the Katakana word is seen as some kind of title or honorific.I agree with both of these suggestions.

QUOTE(Ameer10 @ Apr 8 2008, 08:51 AM)
Hey guys how long do you think it will take to finish the patch anyways? I'm not pushing you guys or anything but just asking.
Extrapolating from the current rate, at least several months. We could definitely use some help from experienced translators.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
wischmop said:
biggrin.gif

BTW, I translated ??? as "guardian", literal would be "protecting hand", and I was confused at the beginning because one says ??? and the other says the Katakana word ??????. But I think "guardian" would fit for both of them, maybe the Katakana word is seen as some kind of title or honorific.

Wouldn't Armada be a better name, given that the monster is aquatic in nature?

wischmop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Did "To Ordital (A--D-)". As usual, with my crappy english, so any correction by natives is highly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

Two things I'd like to mention:
- ????????? --> Sect Country Maran Asa. I'm not sure about the "sect country"
unsure.gif
Found Maran Asa on the Location page, so I just copied it.
- ????? --> Graveh. Copied it from the Location page.

As for me, I'll have to step on the brakes for now, because university is starting from tomorrow. I'll try to translate some parts when I have time, I promise.
smile.gif
I'll check the forums everyday to be up-to-date.
biggrin.gif

Edit: YKES! Just checked the beginnings of Act1, and I was shocked to see that there are still some untranslated dialogues.
Started with The Priest's Request (--C-), but haven't finished yet, some sentences are bitchy, but I'll try to get that tomorrow.
smile.gif
In my opinion, we should try to get Act1 done soon. I'm sure that some people will be happy to play the first part translated.
But I think before that, the tutorials or dictionaries need some attention.
frown.gif
But that's just a huge flood of Kanji. Spit! ;_;

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wischmop said:
Did "To Ordital (A--D-)". As usual, with my crappy english, so any correction by natives is highly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

Two things I'd like to mention:
- ????????? --> Sect Country Maran Asa. I'm not sure about the "sect country"
unsure.gif
Found Maran Asa on the Location page, so I just copied it.
I went with Holy Land Maran Asa, for brevity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anyone here?