Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fennec said:
requiem4d said:
Getting rid of the cIOS isn't possible at the moment, although we're working hard to try and figure out how to perform our reads without it. If you're interested, DVDx could be a good place to start looking.

In-memory patching of the system menu is another area we'd like to work on to give us a "Rebooter" type option to load games via the disc channel.

unfortunatly neither menuload nor DVDx have public sources.
Partitally wrong.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So does the Espanol (spanish/PAL?) play PAl Games like the NTSC version boots Well ntsc games? Or is it just a language change. Does r42 work with COD5 Pal. If not im getting NTSC version.

sum182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went to rent it today so i could back it up....but blockbuster doesnt get it till tomorrow. so i got QoS ntsc instead

requiem4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yarr. Piracy-related discussions need to be a-shippin' out now.

Seriously, though. Any software that allows backups to be played on an unmodded system is going to be controversial. We really don't want the stigma of piracy hanging over us. Especially with some of the more ambitious things that we're working on. (Not entirely backup related...)

requiem4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not entirely inaccurate. /dev/flange is an IOS module (basically a testing facility) installed via IOS-Patcher. Yes, it was heavily inspired by Arm's sense of humor.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
requiem4d said:
Not entirely inaccurate. /dev/flange is an IOS module (basically a testing facility) installed via IOS-Patcher. Yes, it was heavily inspired by Arm's sense of humor.
testing for what?
How could these developments be used for things other than loading backup/ what are the ambitions for these developments beyond loading backups?
is my real questions

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
requiem is working on a disc format for homebrew games. so a homebrew developer could publish a image of his game and use all the advantages of a disc. like lots of space and the simplicity of usage. to access this disc format you'll have to install the cios or maybe a system menu replacement with patched ioses. we will see what what the future brings.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had no idea they were working on a custom dip module. at least now we can see improvements as they are made. wonder when we can see the source they have so far and if it's as good as wiigator's. (here's hoping to play cod:waw)

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Screemer said:
requiem is working on a disc format for homebrew games. so a homebrew developer could publish a image of his game and use all the advantages of a disc. like lots of space and the simplicity of usage. to access this disc format you'll have to install the cios or maybe a system menu replacement with patched ioses. we will see what what the future brings.
That's moronic. What we need is a proper ISO9660 devoptab (being worked on) for DVDX/libdi. cios / another disc format? This problem has been solved ever since libdi came out. DVDX can be fixed to work with the new update.

If what you do is boot the stuff from the main menu, then, that's pointless if you have to patch your system anyway (since you presumably have HBC). If you want "insert and play" capability for at least modchip users, that's still pointless since trucha got fixed ever since 3.3. And if you REALLY want to do it, I'm pretty sure that a dual-format DVD can be made that contains both a standard ISO image and a Wii style disc, since you can reserve the areas needed for the Wii stuff as part of the ISO image (they don't collide AFAIK).

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkLG said:
When will a system menu replacement be made?

its been made already by Forsaekn. he said he will think about releasing it after 0.3 gamma is out. ofcourse its a work in progress and because of the risk of bricking involved, he may wait for BootMii if that happens soon enough. and i believe he mentioned it was for 3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Found a bag of unpopped pop corn expired March 23 eating it anyway +1