Hacking so the adata 4gb sdhc is the fastest so far

Whunup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never hear much about adata. However that doesnt mean they are not good. if it is truly class 6 then i assume it would be good. I decided on Sandisk for the 5 year "limited" warranty

Wondering if there is a link to the product listing? Maybe we can check it out and see!

I know the 4GB Sandisk is Class 2....and the 8GB Sandisk is Class 4...

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out this page, it is for cameras... but for our purposes, look at the read speeds: SDHC Benchmarks

Some I found interesting were: Read Speed (Kb/s) (64k data)

Transcend MicroSD Class6, 2GB (FAT16) 6045
Transcend MicroSDHC Class6, 4GB (FAT32) 7764
Toshiba MicroSD SD-C02G MIJ (fat16), 2GB 6062
SanDisk MicroSD, 1GB (FAT16) 7621
Kingston microSD, 512Mb 5093

Edit: ROFL.. i almost wanna try one of these cards for my EDGE... just for the brand name

Invader TAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering A-Data's 8GB Micro SDHC card because it's supposed to be Class 6. But I am still unsure. I may settle for a Trancend 4GB which is also supposed to be Class 6. So I'm a n00b when it comes to Micro SDHC cards.

xeggyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too many issues on A-DATAs

I heard that it slowed down the enhanced menu, and that there were a lot of faulty units.

I decided on the Transcend. No problems as of yet.

I've had the card for half a year.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
The A-Data 4GB Class 6 SDHC sucks.

Get Transcend or Kingston.

QUOTE(xeggyx @ Oct 5 2008, 04:24 PM) Too many issues on A-DATAs

I heard that it slowed down the enhanced menu, and that there were a lot of faulty units.

I decided on the Transcend. No problems as of yet.

I've had the card for half a year.

My AData 4GB Class6 froze a lot more in POR than my Sandisk 4GB Class4
Notice I said froze, that's because my A-Data DIED few days ago.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell ya. I have a Transcend Class4 8gig in my Cyclo. My bro has a A-Data Class6 8gig in his cell phone. My Transcend seemed to transfer files MUCH faster to the card than his A-Data did when hooked up via the Cyclo's little USB microSD reader. Read speed seemed comparable, but write speed was drastically different and MUCH better on the Transcend.

Castlevania PoR still tends to lock up on my Transcend though. I tried his A-Data in my Cyclo with PoR and it didn't appear to lock, but I only spammed the transport thingy's for a couple minutes as a test, so I can't say it was actually any better. I can sometimes do that on my Transcend too.....

I CAN say that the A-Data card seemed to take slightly longer to load up the menus in the Cyclo though.

I don't really have any data on transfer speeds for the 2 cards. I did do some tests on the Transcend when I first got it, but I don't really remember the results anymore. But by direct comparison in usage tests, the Transcend Class4 seemed actually faster than the A-Data Class6.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Again if you guys checked out the comparison by kms, it would seem that the transfer speeds on the AData aren't as good as the competitors, but it has better random access times. And the AData 8GB seems to have gotten criticized quite a bit for being not up to boot with the AData 4GB, can't remember where I read that from though...
same place
smile.gif
was said sandisk 8gb class4/6 and adata 8gb class 4 were almost identical. Still waiting for numbers on the class 6 adata 8gb to see if also the same.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares about write times? Like PharaohsVizier said it's all about the Random Access Times lol
I use the A-Data 4GB class 6 and have had no problems in my cyclo ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn