So my PC is dead....

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So my dad finally got the new PC. A Packard Bell... 300gb HD 2GB Ram Intel Pentium D. But the nice people at the store thought we were a newbie family and when I booted it up, I was presented with TONS of junk and free trials and net nannies... and AOL. So I formatted. But I'm having this problem. After the formating has finished, whenever I boot the PC up, it presents me with which OS I want to boot up. One is Windows XP from when I installed and the other is the previous Windows XP before I formatted. How do I get rid of that, "which OS do you want to boot up message?" from popping up again?

misoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my dad finally got the new PC. A Packard Bell... 300gb HD 2GB Ram Intel Pentium D. But the nice people at the store thought we were a newbie family and when I booted it up, I was presented with TONS of junk and free trials and net nannies... and AOL. So I formatted. But I'm having this problem. After the formating has finished, whenever I boot the PC up, it presents me with which OS I want to boot up. One is Windows XP from when I installed and the other is the previous Windows XP before I formatted. How do I get rid of that, "which OS do you want to boot up message?" from popping up again?

Try going into the recovery console, and putting in "Fix MBR". This worked for me when I needed to get rid of GRUB when i had linux (since it unfortunately didn't work with my chipset or something) Since you said you aren't a 'newbie', you should know what that command will do, and if you don't, google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I have been going out every night for weeks lol