SnesAdvance Question

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by GreatCrippler, Oct 29, 2010.

Oct 29, 2010

SnesAdvance Question by GreatCrippler at 5:24 AM (1,580 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. GreatCrippler
    OP

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Well, since I am looking for information that is likely several years old. As-is, I find I am not having much luck. Anyone know if it is possible to get Earthbound decently playable on either SNESAdvance, or Snezziboy? I haven't had any luck personally with SNESAdvance, and Snezzi doesn't seem to like my 64 bit OS. So, shot in the dark, but anyone here know?

2. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    If I remember correctly it could only do a handful of games, and even then they played badly.

3. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I believe the trick to earthbound was to create a new game then save on a PC emulator then transfer the save over to SNESadvance as the opening was completely impassible... may have to transfer the save back and forth on a few other occasions too...

Honestly I can hardly remember... It's been many years, at the time I was fairly involved in the scene (coded many of the speed hacks SNESadvance used to by-pass wait cycles or by-pass SPU700 checks)

4. GreatCrippler
    OP

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Yea, I have been able to find some similar info, but nothing concrete. Was hoping someone had actually had it up and going in recent memory. Ah well.