2x random EZ-Flash IV questions

Chaykin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had my trusty white case miniSD EZ-Flash IV cart with the VL2020 battery for 16+ years now and it's still going strong! What a great product.

Got two bit random questions that maybe someone knows answers to:

1. When you press the R trigger whilst browsing through the files on the card a window pops up saying "Time" and some numbers - see photo attached. What is that? Some sort of residual code from a feature that was planned?

2. The tiny screw holding my EZ-Flash is a bit stripped. It's still removable (barely) and I would like to replace it with a new one. Anyone knows the size used? I think it might be an M1.6 x 5mm CSK but not sure.

Attachments

• 20230414_211400.jpg
    20230414_211400.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 35

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
  1. I think there was a post on here when they first released that version 2.0 firmware but I can't seem to find it. I think someone reported that issue and the EZ-Flash person acknowledged that this is indeed an oversight that should have been commented out in the code.
  2. Don't know I'm afraid.

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
Weirdly enough the battery in mine is still ok after all this time. If I recall correctly it's actually a rechargeable one, like the Dreamcast's system battery. It charges off the GBA battery.

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Weirdly enough the battery in mine is still ok after all this time. If I recall correctly it's actually a rechargeable one, like the Dreamcast's system battery. It charges off the GBA battery.
The Dreamcast system battery isn't a rechargeable one. I changed the circuit a bit to make it work with a mir battery but it only holds it settings for roughly two weeks.

I'm thinking about building the circuit back to original with a battery socket so I can easily replace the battery.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Dreamcast battery isn't rechargable, its a single coin-cell battery. I am thinking of replacing my Dreamcast's clock battery with a battery socket at some point.

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
The Dreamcast battery isn't rechargable, its a single coin-cell battery. I am thinking of replacing my Dreamcast's clock battery with a battery socket at some point.
It's a coin cell yes, but it's not a CR2032. It starts with ML I believe which denotes a rechargeable. Details here:
https://dreamcast.wiki/Battery_replacement

It is indeed a rechargeable. I socketed mine but replaced with the original spec ML coin cell. There are eBay sellers who offer the appropriate parts already selected for DCs.

Back on topic, it seems some EZ4's have a rechargeable, some don't:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-battery-help.360754/

Last edited by patters,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @Sonic Angel Knight :bortz2: