Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to apply cheats to Wild Guns but I didn't have a .cht file for it. Is it possible to generate a cheat file that will work on Snes 9X RX using this site and if so, which format should I select from the dropdown menu? I've tried generating a .cht file using the SNES9X GX V1.57 option but it displays garbled text in the Snes 9X RX UI.

https://gamehacking.org/game/45367

Last edited by Charco,

Deleted member 533457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm trying to apply cheats to Wild Guns but I didn't have a .cht file for it. Is it possible to generate a cheat file that will work on Snes 9X RX using this site and if so, which format should I select from the dropdown menu? I've tried generating a .cht file using the SNES9X GX V1.57 option but it displays garbled text in the Snes 9X RX UI.

I downloaded some cheat files from here:
https://www.cheatzilla.com/

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Kind of a rabbit hole there, as I do not use cheats at all, and the only time I researched the topic (for the manual/readme) about generating the files for emulators, I have found contradicting or non-conclusive info. GScentral.org is also down along cheatzilla.com. Maybe another user can point you in the right direction.

Anyway, I attached a common zip cheats pack to the second post in case you want to use them.

Last edited by niuus,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok so I tried a file from https://gamehacking.org/ generated using SNES 9X Geigers from the drop-down menu and the cheats display correctly in the UI and work. Just FYI in case anyone needs to generate missing .cht files in future and reads this.
Ah! Nice to know, thanks. Useful tip for other users in need.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I love the snes classic theme looks real good!

Is this compatible with the wii u gamepad? I have a forwarder (possibly a channel) for this that has gamepad support but no themes :sad:
Yes, it is compatible with the Wii U GamePad.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this daft..... How do i get the snes mini eu when installing the wii u channel? Its showing standard theme but in a grey colour scheme?

Edit

I decided to create a forwarder using @Trudes method however the vwii wad gives me a black screen. It has been a good while since i done this but do i install the wad to ios58?

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone would like to use it, I managed to make a Wii U forwarder to the Snes Mini EU version (although it should work for whatever version you have) using trudes method.

Overclock patch works when installed to NAND.

Many thanks to @niuus for this mod and themes and also @Trudes for his work on the vWii forwarders :yayu:

https://mega.nz/file/gUFiQTBC#RyGkWmnzwxYcdcJT6eewy1KCWOAqBD4-RaVrKlSnVK4

icon.png drc.png

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
If anyone would like to use it, I managed to make a Wii U forwarder to the Snes Mini EU version (although it should work for whatever version you have) using trudes method.

I enabled the overclock patch prior to building however I get a black screen after the Wii logo shows on the gamepad. If your not too fussed about the overclock features then I hope you enjoy!

Many thanks to @niuus for this mod and themes and also @Trudes for his work on the vWii forwarders :yayu:

about black screen when on overclock, did you install the forwarder on NAND? and you have the files on SD?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
about black screen when on overclock, did you install the forwarder on NAND? and you have the files on SD?
Yeah to ios 249? Or 250? Sorry, the standard one I forget which at the moment but that gives me black screen when launched in vWii, i noticed the title of the wad says ios58, should I install it to 58?

Surely that doesn't interfere with my forwarder tho as I used trudes method which doesn't point to the wad but the apps folder?

I'm going to give it another try to see if I definitely enabled it in the injector but I had to find the starbuck key so I'm pretty sure I did.

Edit...

Apologies, I just read your post properly :blush:i installed it to usb.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeah to ios 249? Or 250? Sorry, the standard one I forget which at the moment but that gives me black screen when launched in vWii, i noticed the title of the wad says ios58, should I install it to 58?

Surely that doesn't interfere with my forwarder tho as I used trudes method which doesn't point to the wad but the apps folder?

I'm going to give it another try to see if I definitely enabled it in the injector but I had to find the starbuck key so I'm pretty sure I did.
wait were you trying to do a vWii forwarder and not a Wii U forwarder?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wait were you trying to do a vWii forwarder and not a Wii U forwarder?
Ignore my last post, apologies!!

I made the forwarder to point to the boot dol in sd/apps/sne9xrx and installed it to usb. It works fine without booting the sigpatch first but black screens with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The midgets will bite his ankles though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 AncientBoi is literally him
    iu
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that's what he's hoping for
    +2
    Mini me we do not bite the kitty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be poop day
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also, i've tried to put my simping ways aside a bit, but i just gotta say before i go
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro
  • BladeHart @ BladeHart:
    Does anyone know how to unlock all the smash ultimate characters with a hacked switch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spend 50 hours playing the game
    Gotta smash em all!
    STDs as Pokemon hmmm Gonorrhea kind of sounds Pokemonish lol
    Gonorrhea used scabs and sores it was super effective!
    Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus
    +1
    Only 666 dollars for 24TBs lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two of these half the price Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB Internal Hard Drive Performance HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop (ST12000DM0007) (Renewed) https://a.co/d/cpVKNo1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    *Renewed. I don't like or trust "renewed, refurbished, reconditioned" anything.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I renewed your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Renewed is like following Psi around on his dates, then when he done doing the deed, he taps me in without her cleaning up first, no thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not being renewed that's unlocking more medical bills from stds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I just don't trust em for data. Maybe a used(renewed) car or something be ok tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like my girls like my car made in 2000
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like my products new, not buying a box of condoms (renewed)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I like my products new, not buying a box of condoms (renewed)